It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Slated to Name Five Openly Homosexual Foreign Ambassadors

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

The kissing I see often in different cultures. The holding hands I have never heard of before. Like you say if you're not accustomed to it it must be quite awkward.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That is what I wonder also, is not the homosexuality issue but where these appointees will be serving, like you said it is quite provocative to send a open Gay ambassador to an closed minded nation.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Remember this one?

President Bush and Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah—replete with a hand-holding stroll through the Crawford Ranch bluebonnets—should splash some cold water on the dreamy gaze that has transfixed too many faces this season.

It is common within friends in middle eastern countries.

www.slate.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

No, I can't say I do. But I did just a bit of research and it seems to be quite normal in India. Who would of thunk? I like how cultures differ from one an other. It shows the world how being different is totally ok, But most turn a blind eye. Thanks for pointing this out to me.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
reply to post by macman

Originally posted by macman
The premise of hiring someone, because they are openly gay is about as moronic as it gets.

The best person for the job needs to be hired. Regardless of race, creed, religion or what ever.

I agree. You seem to be assuming he is appointing them BECAUSE they are gay. And that they are not the best persons for the job.

Truth is, he has only appointed ONE of the five and he has appointed others who aren't gay in the meantime. This story is sensationalizing these appointments to manipulate the public. Seems you are being manipulated by the spin of this story.

You really think that a huge Progressive didn't base his decision revolving around the "gay" thing?
That is what he displays proudly. It is diversity for the sake of diversity.
Hell, the Govt as a whole pushes that crap.
So, while it is not confined to the Tyrant 0bama's actions, his actions show exactly how Progressives operate.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So Obama is a closet homosexual. Not surprising really..

Have you seen his wife?

Seriously.. I agree with the Op. These people are not being picked simply because they are the best for the job, they are being picked for a host of other reasons. Not good. I'm glad I didn't vote for this chump.
edit on 14-6-2013 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Terrorist attacks? The ambassadors are generally being assigned to liberal democracies. The most conservative state there is Spain, with the others being Australia and Denmark.

These are very liberal states where open homosexuals can live peacefully and do not have to worry about terrorist attacks on their communities. Moreover the state and the police are strong and can thwart any threats.

If that is your concern, I wouldn't be worried.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Because it went so well with Ambassador Stevens in Libya, BO is going for a repeat performance. It's either stupid or brilliant, I haven't figured out which yet.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join