Obama Slated to Name Five Openly Homosexual Foreign Ambassadors

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Lots of aspects to discuss with this story ....

Obama Slated to Name Five Openly Homosexual Foreign Ambassadors

On monday, the president announced the nomination of Daniel Baer as ambassador to the Vienna-based Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE). If confirmed, Baer would be the first open homosexual to serve as ambassador to a multilateral institution.

Next on the list is HBO executive James Costos, who together with his boyfriend, decorator Michael Smith, fundraised over $1 million for President Obama’s re-election. He is expected to be named ambassador to Spain as early as this week.

After that, at least three more homosexuals are slated to be announced as ambassadorial picks, including former Office of Personnel Management director John Berry (Australia), former Democratic National Committee finance chairman and Obama fundraising director Rufus Gifford (Denmark), and hedge fund manager James “Wally” Brewster, a high-dollar Obama fundraiser whose assignment is as yet unknown.

- It's a good thing that people are not discriminated against for top spots because they are homosexual. that gets a
IMHO.

- It's NOT a good thing that people are given top spots based on who they have sex with in the privacy of their own home. That should be irrelevant. Don't reward people for their sexual orientation - no matter which way it goes. This gets a
IMHO.

- It's NOT a good thing that these people are being rewarded with top spots based on how much money they donated to the Obama campaign. Obama certainly isn't the only one to do with, but he was supposed to be 'hope and change' and 'different' and 'transparent' etc etc but it turns out he's just more of the same .. paying off big donors with top high-paying high-visibility spots. This gets a
IMHO.

- So far, no openly homosexual person has been assigned ambassadorial duties to a country that has religious rule of law against homosexuality. If per chance an openly homosexual person was to be assigned to a foreign country that discriminated against homosexuals, it could force that country to evolve which would be good.
or it could end in a terrorist attack and death of the person we send.
So this is a sticky area ...

The big thing I see with this story isn't so much that there are openly homosexual people getting positions, but more that there is a payoff by Obama of big donors. 'Hope and change' .. not happening. Instead, same ol' same ol' payoff of bundlers and donors. These just happen to be homosexual.

Washington Post - Gay Donors Now Pressing for Top Spots in Obama Administration

Various supporters of President Obama — the ones who pulled out their wallets and turned out their constituencies for his reelection — will soon be coming to call at the White House. ...

here’s a grand tradition of presidents rewarding their biggest donors with choice ambassadorships. And Obama would have plenty of gay donors (like power couple Michael Smith, the famed decorator, and HBO exec James Costos, who were among his biggest bundlers) to choose from to fill some of the choicer embassies around the globe.

Washington Post - The Influence Industry/Obama Top Fundraisers

A review of Obama’s top bundlers, who have brought in $500,000 or more for the campaign, shows that about one in six publicly identify themselves as gay. His overall list of bundlers also includes a number of gay couples who have wed in jurisdictions where same-sex marriage was legal.

I try to find something interesting to talk about each day.
I thought this would be good for a rainy day discussion.
(yes .. it's another rainy day)

Anyways .... discuss as you wish ....
edit on 6/14/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Greetings, I agree with your sentiments here.

Why though, no openly gay ambassador to highly enlightened nations like Iran I wonder?

edit on 14-6-2013 by AlphaHawk because:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Why though, no openly gay ambassador to highly enlightened nations like Iran I wonder?
reply to post by AlphaHawk

According to Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, Iran has no homosexuals.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

This is not about homesexualism this about paying back the friends of this administration for kissing Obama arse, I wonder how the fundamentalist Christian are feeling about this.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   
These aren't the only 5 ambassadors he is announcing, right? This story just picked out the 5 gay ones and is making a big deal about it. Looking over their qualifications, they seem perfectly fit for the jobs.

How many straight ones will he announce and why are they being omitted? And why does your source concentrate on their sexuality? How many women? How many white guys? How many Latinos? We all know he has a diverse administration.

From your source:

Click "like" if you support TRADITIONAL marriage.

Ah! I see!

I am fine with diversity. I don't see why sexuality is the focus of these ambassador appointments.
edit on 6/14/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Should be some very lively parties.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

I agree, and then comes the scandals from the gone wild parties, occurs that if they only invite people from their circles.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
The real surprise is .....how big is the Gay Islamic community?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Faust100f

You are very misinformed about most homosexuals! I am gay and I have never lusted after a child male or female! Do some research and you WILL find that most pedophiles are straight men!!!!!!!

Get your facts right! Bigot! Homophobe!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This is not about homesexualism this about paying back the friends of this administration for kissing Obama arse, :

Yep. That's why I said that there are many aspects to this story. What stands out the most is that these are BIG DONORS and BUNDLERS for Obama. It's payoffs .. just like all the other politicians through the years. No hope. No change. Just more of the same ...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Progressives are just stupid.
The premise of hiring someone, because they are openly gay is about as moronic as it gets.

The best person for the job needs to be hired. Regardless of race, creed, religion or what ever.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

My thoughts in the opening post ... putting an openly gay ambassador in a religiously backwards country would either force that country to work with a homosexual like grown ups do ... or they'd kill the ambassador. Kinda tricky situation ....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ahh everyone has an agenda it seems, my friend.

Even if its to piss people off, like the bigot above!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
The best person for the job needs to be hired. Regardless of race, creed, religion or what ever.

And these people got hired for the job because they were major Obama campaign donors and bundlers. The Washington Post article stated that 1/6 of Obama's top campaign bundlers/donors are openly homosexual. Being homosexual seems to be a secondary aspect to the story. The main one ... bundler/donor payoff.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Why is this an important verb to the ambassador-ship?

First bi-lateral amputee in space
First military pilot with missing fingers
First openly heterosexual interior designer
First obese CEO of Goodwill Industries

Sarcasm over.

Why is this important? Why does the media insist on making politically inflammatory remarks? Who gives a rat's behind if this is our first black president?

I used to get chapped when folks would introduce themselves. "Hi, I'm Bob, and I'm gay". It sounded like "Hi, I'm Bob and I'm an alcoholic."

What do I care? I'm not cruising for a date. I'm not blind, I know he's handicapped. I see he's black. I may not notice, but isnt that why Tolerance was taught?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Perhaps he wants some reaction from the countries that are known to have closed minded feelings about sexuality and gender orientation, the countries can deny this ambassadors if they desire too.

This should always be taking into consideration if you respect the countries religious traditions but it seems that respect or tradition is not part of Obama's concern.

More like a slap on the face of the citizens of this countries.

That is what I believe if any of these new appointees gets to end in a Islamic country.

edit on 14-6-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by macman

Originally posted by macman
The premise of hiring someone, because they are openly gay is about as moronic as it gets.

I agree. You seem to be assuming he is appointing them BECAUSE they are gay. And that they are not the best persons for the job.

Truth is, he has only appointed ONE of the five and he has appointed others who aren't gay in the meantime. This story is sensationalizing these appointments to manipulate the public. Seems you are being manipulated by the spin of this story.

link   
Self edited because apparently I didn't understand what the poster was saying.
Fog of war on the boards. Nevermind.
edit on 6/14/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by macman

Yes friend!

I will admit that this is my biggest gripe when it comes to equality.

Sometimes some are more equal than others due to their perceived lack of equality.

Does that make sense?

new topics
top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join