It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING- US says it will give military aid to Syria rebels

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Czulkang
WHY N THE HELL AREW WE ARMING REBELS THAT HAVE PLEDGED ALLEIGENCE TO AL-QUAEDA, OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT.

you spell it Al-Qa'ida and no, not all of them, actually very few of them, have sworn the Bay'ah to any senior members of Al-Qa'ida

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
^ To date. These things have a habit of changing rather quickly.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

WHY N THE HELL AREW WE ARMING REBELS THAT HAVE PLEDGED ALLEIGENCE TO AL-QUAEDA, OR HOWEVER YOU SPELL IT.

you spell it Al-Qa'ida and no, not all of them, actually very few of them, have sworn the Bay'ah to any senior members of Al-Qa'ida

There are no moderates in the Free Syrian Army why are you desperately defending them?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

No I am not defending them I have a whole thread were i call out the human rights abuses of the Rebels and another where i argue that one could potentially label them "nationalist terrorists" depending on ones view on the conflict.

So no I am not defending them i am simply pointing out that its a gross oversimplification to call them all a bunch of Al-Qa'ida terrorists.
edit on 15-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

There is no doubt that all parties involved could be described as "terrorizing".

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

USA has helped Al Qaida before too. USA was investing money to buy weapons to them when they were founding Al Qaida.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by teachtaire

There is no doubt that all parties involved could be described as "terrorizing".

I totally agree all sides are guilty of some form of terrorism

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

These guys are worse than the government forces...

U.S. Backed – FSA Rebels Massacre an Entire Christian Village in Syria... They torture, they behead and they rape.... oh and they hate the west too.. Seems like a stupid move to me..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow we should watch for the propaganda here. This bad guys raping and killing women and children line is as old as the hills. Check out old WWI posters...."Huns Kill Women and Children....Tell It To The Marines"....come to find out years later it was simply propaganda.

Now Hezbollah is fighting for the Syrian government. Oh how rich. Anyone who fights against Hezbollah we should support.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

There are no moderates in the Free Syrian Army why are you desperately defending them?

What can we expect. The country has not been "ruled" with moderation.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicQuest
Update :

US arms to flow to militants via Turkey

Media reports say Turkey, a NATO member, is likely to be the transit destination for US-supplied lethal weapons to foreign-backed militants fighting the Syrian government

FYI....it was the Turkish Ambassador that had met with Ambassador Chris Stevens at the so-called "Consulate" in Benghazi, Libya the afternoon of September 11, 2012....where later that evening the deadly attack took place.

IOW....President Obama has been funneling arms to the 'opposition' of Assad for a long time....only now, he can do it in the open.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

This government is out of control and believes that it can do anything that it wants. The old chemical wepons trick again....seriously.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmccracken

Don't be scared, just type it

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Supplying these guys with Javelins will probably be a very bad idea; remember that the FGM-148 is designed to also capable of engaging helicopters. Supplying these guys with MANPADS has the potential of being a monumentally disastrous mistake.

This may be cold but, I say if the Syrians and 'oppositions' want to sling Sarin at each other all day long, let them do so. Inside Syria. What the rest of the world needs to do is make sure that its contained there and that these weapons do not make it out of the border.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
We know he's used chemical weapons.

Are you really buying the whole chemical weapon thing? The US has provided pretty much 0 proof besides their word. I really doubt he would be stupid enough to use a WMD, even a small one, especially when he's winning the war in the first place.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ragingeagles

This government is out of control and believes that it can do anything that it wants. The old chemical wepons trick again....seriously.

Assad hasn't even used chemical weapons...If he had there would be hundreds of videos on LiveLeak.com showing the evidence....Nearly every one in Syria has access to a camera phone and internet......Much more so than in countrys like Iraq...
EDIT: I hope the Russians give Assad state of the art missile defence systems purely to **** israel and america of.
edit on 17-6-2013 by SKUNK2 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join