It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING- US says it will give military aid to Syria rebels

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
Obama is really playing all his cards at once now that he has been exposed for what he really is.

A Muppet Puppet installed from foreign shores who does what he's told to further the conquest of an insecure meglomanic regime that doesn't have the guts to face REAL people.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
THe U.S funded the Taliban in the Afghan war against Russia.
Seeing the U.S financing "rebels" against a Russia backed Syria,dosent seem all that far of a stretch.

I read alot of comments about This administration being "stupid" for getting envolved in this.
Anyone stop and think,this is EXACTLY what the wanna do?

With the U.S,Israel,Russia and China,at some point these dogs were all gonna eventualy be in the same yard.
This war,has been long in the making.
I dont see any reason this wouldnt become ww3.

The U.S dollar is dumping,and countries that try to move away from the dollar,well get war.....errr demmocracy spread to them.

Iran and Syria,are nothing more than pawns on the board.

The only real losers of all this,is going to be people like you and me throughout the world.
Were gonna be the ones who either die,or lose loved ones in these war games.
Soldiers,children,parents,friends,etc.
Those lucky,if you can call it that,will get to pay 15$ at the pump and face inflation,with food shortages.

It will never be the people who start these wars that pay the ultimate price.

People have long since discussed the "end game" TPTB wanted to play out.
Ever think that its happening?Now.
edit on 14-6-2013 by Black_Fox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
And the US tax payer will pick up the bill
i'm amazed citizens aren't climbing the walls of the white house.
edit on 14-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
I'm so confused on what is he trying to accomplish here.

The man has really lost all clear signs of good judgment.

As opposed to Republicans and specifically John McCain who have been criticizing him for not doing anything sooner, before "chemical weapons" were "found"???

Wake up.

this is Libya all over again! They are even suggesting a "No fly zone." aka we fly over you and bomb you.
Do people really not remember that?

This is EXACTLY the same! Except Syria has allies.

Forget playing the blame game, this is a systemic plan!

edit on 14-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager
Sending arms will only escalate the situation.

that's what they want!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
Members may recall a couple of weeks ago i posted that France had confirmed Chemical Weapons in Syria and writing about Obama's failing foreign policy so really this was only a matter of time, Obama had to do something at some point.

Personally, I am not convinced that the Syrian government forces have in fact used chemical weapons. I haven't really followed this but I did read an article saying that blood samples from wounded or sick rebel fighters had been smuggled out of Syria by French journalists to France and tested there by French experts.

I'm not a lawyer but "Skyooze me, yeronner, I object in the most strenuous terms. This story would put my kids to sleep."

It just strikes me as being suspicious that this should become an issue just as Syrian government forces got the upper hand in Qusair and look to be turning the tables on Al CIAda.

Maybe there is more to this that I just don't know about.

Syria has denied having used these weapons.

It strikes me that "cooking up" a fake chemical attack would be easy to do with a few suicidal volunteers willing to dose themselves with a chemical weapon. CIA operatives land in secret, hand out a few vials of poison, non-lethal doses. Rebel volunteers snort them and get taken to the infirmary where blood samples are taken and then "reluctantly" handed over to the French journalists. The "Red Rascal" boards his chopper in triumph having saved the day again for the State Department.
edit on 14-6-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
And the US tax payer will pick up the bill

yeah probably

already sent over $500 million to them

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

A little to Late Mr. Prez. Maybe your new name should be SlowBama. When your controlled by public polls, your actions become self serving. Not like your self serving actions are hard to spot, your timing on this issue is as Self Serving as your inaction was on the issue . Maybe we, "American citizens" can learn something from the conflict over there. Lets not let this administration switch our attention on the same Constitutional Type issues we need to focus on right here. Our own little regime is building against us. Our protest, on our issues, is needed more then ever.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

throwing burka's on the women.

They are already doing that to women in Northern Syria and want to know something to? our media seems to be fine with that.

Um Jaafar (right), a woman fighter in the Free Syrian Army, sits next to her husband Abu Jaafar, a Sawt al-Haq (Voice of Rights) battalion commander, as she undergoes military training with other women in Aleppo on Sunday. The women are undergoing military training to form the Nazek Obeid group to be based on the frontline of Aleppo's Sheikh Saeed neighborhood. Um Jaafar was a women's hairdresser before the revolution. Reuters/Muzaffar Salman

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin

US says it will give military aid to Syria rebels

www.bbc.co.uk

The US is to supply direct military aid to the Syrian opposition for the first time, the White House has announced.

President Obama made the decision after his administration concluded Syrian forces under Bashar al-Assad were using chemical weapons, a spokesman said.

Ben Rhodes did not give details about the military aid other than to say it would be "different in scope and scale to what we have provided before"
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

Serious question now OP.

Where do you think the rebels have been getting theit guns from to fight the Assad forces in the last two years?

When there was an attempted ceasefire, the death toll of government forces rose dramatically.

These 'rebels' were placed in Syria not to protest the government, most of these 'rebels' are not even Syrian, they are there to overthrow Assad by force as was the case in removing Gaddafi from Libya. Who trained them and were have they been getting their guns from for the past 2 years?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Black_Fox

THe U.S funded the Taliban in the Afghan war against Russia.

No a congressman from Texas funded the mujahideen during the Afghanistan war but the origins of the taliban are from Pakistan, and it's ISI.

Not to mention the taliban seized power in the late 90s.

Lots of good stuff here to read :

The Taliban (Pashto: طالبان‎ ṭālibān "students"), alternative spelling Taleban,[6] is an Islamic fundamentalist political movement in Afghanistan. It spread into Afghanistan and formed a government, ruling as the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan from September 1996 until December 2001, with Kandahar as the capita

en.wikipedia.org...

More:

The Taliban movement traces its origin to the Pakistani-trained mujahideen in northern Pakistan, during the Soviet war in Afghanistan

Just for kicks:

Pashtun people (Pashto: پښتانه‎ Pax̌tānə; also spelled Pushtun, Pakhtun or Pukhtun), also known as ethnic Afghans or Pathans[13][14] are an Iranic ethnic group belonging to Afghanistan and Pakistan

en.wikipedia.org...

The US 'help' that is true, but so did other countries although I do have a big problem with blanket statements that say, "the US did it'.

Guess what?

Same people are in Syria ALL of them.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

A Syrian rebel once said: So bombing thousands, murdering children is perfectly fine- but chemical weapons is the red line? Talk about more lies from the West.

^ Even the rebels see through this idiocy.

Sun Tzu would be rolling in his grave at the way we have spread ourselves so thinly.

Of course this fits right within the agenda. Assad will be brought down just like the other warlords before him. The strategy is to then take Iran.
Game = Fin

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
They already are sending arms to the FSA - but here is the thing Obama aka industrial military complex - Syria has allies, namely Russia. They are sending subs and even an aircraft carrier to Syria - this won't be a Libya X 2.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager
Sending arms will only escalate the situation.

We need to NOT get involved, let them sort it out for themselves.

Now that should be the US foreign policy for the entire middle east. Good or bad, let THEM sort things out.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Three hundred US Marines have been deployed to northern Jordan to pave the way for the West to arm Syrian rebels.

www.thetimes.co.uk...

And so it begins. . . . . .

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

All it will take is an attack from Assad like he did with Turkey to escalate that clustercensored in Syria.

edit on 14-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Assad is not a dictator. FSA are al-ciada terrorists the same people who are responsible for murdering and torturing black people in Libya!!! FSA are terrorist Jihadists. The west is staging chemical weapon attacks and blaming it on Assad to justify a future military intervention! Remember we heard all these lies before during the Iraq war.
edit on 14-6-2013 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Syria did not attack Turkey ,more like the opposite

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

Please by all means keep making excuses for the Butcher of Damascus- Assad.

Assad didn't attack turkey eh?

online.wsj.com...

www.businessweek.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I don't defend nor do I have excuses for him,i do however accept him,as do the citizens of Syria who elected him

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join