It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING- US says it will give military aid to Syria rebels

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

So the kids we'll most likely be bombing aren't worth any of Obama's fake tears I guess ?
Oh that's right, it'll be worth it.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I Guess this is a green light for Russia to support Assad With their weaponds. Russia have shown us that they arent going to let Assad fall without a fight.

If the US claim Assad used Chemical weapons already, there will be nothing holding him back from using them this time.

And after Assad is out of the way. We will learn that Assad never used Chemical weapons as stated. These sort of claims have a habit of turing out to be wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:51 AM
link   
One step closer to invade Iran.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
O look how convenient ..... Massive scandal and then a war that would most likley push it to one side....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:14 AM
link   
US have confirmed they will provide military aid to Syria rebels..

Russia say they will continue to supply Syria government with missiles.

This has got some great potential to become something really big.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   

...has decided to begin supplying the rebels for the first time with small arms and ammunition, according to American officials.

Wait a minute here. I thought small arms and ammunition were useless against a nations military?

At least that's what I keep hearing.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Anyone else notice Obama's lisping? I've seen it several times in recent weeks.

When he was trying to justify the NSA spying, that lisp was audible, and now too. Combined with his pausing, and his seemingly obvious inability to answer a straight question decisively, he seems to be lying.

Everyone has a "tell", and I think Obama's is that little lisp.

I agree with pretty much everyone else here, this is a bad decision. There should have been more work in the beginning to bring both sides to a table, to put in a no-fly zone, to openly come out against both sides in this and demand that they both stop. And where the # is the Arab League of Nations in all of this? Are they just sitting back and watching their region destabilize?

I truly think we should all be preparing for the worst right now. Russia is not going to give up their little platform in Syria and be pushed back into their own territory easily. Just as the USA would not allow Russia to infringe upon their strategic placements anywhere else.

This is potentially leading up to the first volley in the new world war. We have Israel vowing to take action against Russian arms to Assad, and we now have the US and UK laying the ground work for arming the rebels. All governments around the world need distractions from their own wrongdoing domestically. Russia is perhaps the more secure out of all of them on that front though.

To add even more risk we have our hero in the middle, exposing the fact that the USA has been planning cyber attacks on China, with both Russia and China likely highly concerned over their own national security in light of it.

Seriously, if I had the time and money, I would probably be looking into investing in a bomb shelter right now.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

...has decided to begin supplying the rebels for the first time with small arms and ammunition, according to American officials.

Wait a minute here. I thought small arms and ammunition were useless against a nations military?

At least that's what I keep hearing.

It is.
But if you're trying to make comparisons between the likelihood of a successful revolution in the USA and this, you would be making a mistake.

An armed American population is useless in the face of US government power, because you have no outside support, no state on your side, a massive system of intelligence gathering and monitoring, massive media manipulation, and factions within the US too, combined with the biggest military might on the planet.

The armed rebellion in Syria has no such intelligence system to fight, no massive media manipulation like that of the US, more clearly defined factions, a smaller army to fight against, assistance from other nations... this is nothing like the notion of the US experiencing a civilian uprising.

The American people rising up against the government power successfully with guns and ammo is as plausible as fighting off an alien invasion with pea shooters.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by lacrimaererum
US have confirmed they will provide military aid to Syria rebels..

Russia say they will continue to supply Syria government with missiles.

This has got some great potential to become something really big.

when you put it like that it almost sounds like 1979 all over again

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Is it really so different? From what I've gleaned from the news the past three years or so the Syrian loyalist media and the comfortable loyalist Syrians and the Syrian network of government enforcers were supposed to have had this all quelled a very long time ago. Did none of that happen? Were those reports from years back all lies? Putin was supposed to help Syria remain stable. All the clout of Russia didnt help much, huh?

Sure, Syria has more borders to smuggle in support. You really dont think any other nation wanting to see the US fall would be getting things in through South America or the coastlines?

Between cartels, the plethora of "terror" groups around the world and the "axis of evil" I'd bet money that at least somebody would back a toppling of the US regime. A regimes who's "biggest military might" dwindles by the day due to cuts and is currently spreading itself out across the globe.
edit on 14-6-2013 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

. . . a golden opportunity to rid the world of a ruthless and brutal dictatorship that has been actively hostile to American interests in the region for more than four decades . . .
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The so-called American interests is really the furthering of the agenda of the de facto US government state religion, which is zionism.
You see it lately coming out that in fact the zionist regime calling itself "Israel" in the Country of Palestine is actually supporting the rebels in their attempted overthrow of Syria.
edit on 14-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
From those who have reported it up close, the rebels don't even speak Syrian, but have foreign accents, like UK ones. They are from what I understand, the very same wedded CIA/Muslim Sharia Brotherhood group, that is PTB controlled, approved of by our evil governments, taking over all the moderate Islam countries and enforcing insane primitive barbaric and ancient fascist practices.

So I really hope Obama is impeached and people insist these decisions are overturned. Because otherwise there is intense karma for doing this to moderates and enslaving them, to theocracies and throwing burka's on the women. And our own governments in the so called free west, doing this around the world!!!!

edit on 14-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The truth gets very cloudy and murky on what's really going on in Syria. We know that Assad is brutal and has been wiping out whole neighborhoods including the children that live there. We know he's used chemical weapons. We know he has terror squads that go around killing hand to hand, raping and torturing. We know that normal citizens, like us, are opposing him and have asked for help. Then it gets murky with terrorists and mercenaries with other agendas joining the fight, political grandstanding from the powers that be and revenge killings. What would you do to the soldiers that raped your wife and killed your children when you caught up to them? I'd be tempted to eat thier hearts.

I think if you boil away all the excess stuff, your left with people that need, want and deserve our help.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

In the choice between Assad or the Rebels it should be up to the people of Syria yes something needs to be done but why does it always have to be the west, why cant the Arab League step in

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
The truth gets very cloudy and murky on what's really going on in Syria. We know that Assad is brutal and has been wiping out whole neighborhoods including the children that live there. We know he's used chemical weapons. We know he has terror squads that go around killing hand to hand, raping and torturing. We know that normal citizens, like us, are opposing him and have asked for help. Then it gets murky with terrorists and mercenaries with other agendas joining the fight, political grandstanding from the powers that be and revenge killings. What would you do to the soldiers that raped your wife and killed your children when you caught up to them? I'd be tempted to eat thier hearts.

I think if you boil away all the excess stuff, your left with people that need, want and deserve our help.

Why cant we just let Syria fix its own problems?

The reason we have all this hatred towards us is because we just have to have a finger up everybodies rear end and tell them about morality.

Picking a side dosent solve a nations issues. It just underminds it.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   
WAIT am i missing something here. He (Obama) and the UK have had days weeks months to do something about Syria and now that this with the NSA he gives them guns..Good way to get of the tracks of that one

Think its just me, am a bit

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Totally agree this is a knee jerk and diversion to the intelligence leaks, and technically treason.

edit on 14-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazing

We know that the media lies, and I followed the twitters when the cia/brotherhood first started the attacks. And someone from Egypt came on and said, this is what was done to them too. They first poisoned the drinking water, then went in and started beheading children and murdering people.

The hospitals were swarmed and crying for help, "who do we treat first" then they were being killed at the hospital by the CIA /REBEL/BROTHERHOOD.

Please google Banna and the Nazi's and understand what our dark hats are all about and who runs the world. They love sharia and burqa's and primitive conditions for humanity, and they get to fly to mars in exotic crafts, like gods, while we all cut each ohters heads off. This is their wet dream, they're that evil satanist, occultists running the world. And this bildenburg group of world leaders, dark hats, like to keep their own priestly hands clean, oh they'/re so far above us, we're just tares, they're all soul and we're like beasts to them. They taunt us with, was Hitler evil, or those who followed.

BOTH!!!!!! You shall not dig pits for others to fall in and in fact, if you're more awake and do that you have far more responsiblity!!!!

Its not ASSAD doing all that, its the CIA/Brotherhood!
edit on 14-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The really sick part about this is, when the media reported on this, early this morning on CNN they made it sound like if we didn't help the rebels then chem weapons would end up in the hands of Al-Queda. The rebels ARE Al-Queda! This is twisted bizzaro world now, seriously this has to stop soon.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by coolcatt

Like i said, nothing like a good war to distract from problems at home

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join