It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why cant we have polls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
why cant we have polls in ATS?
because it would make things more intresting

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
We used to have them but they're breeding grounds for "bad posts" such as "Does the US Suck" where you have to give a set answer from the poll, it's much better to post a statement then request answers about the topic.

Plus I think they're "manipulatable"

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I remember asking the same questions sometime back, and the mods told me that there was some error in the polling system that causes trouble.

Surf

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
We used to have them but they're breeding grounds for "bad posts" such as "Does the US Suck" where you have to give a set answer from the poll, it's much better to post a statement then request answers about the topic.

hmmm...let me think on this............done

why not have a member ask permisson from a mod to start the poll (on;y a mod could give you temperay permisson), if the poll does not meet satifactory standards then it is closed done and that member banned from using the poll function for say 2 weeks.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
hmmm...let me think on this............done

why not have a member ask permisson from a mod to start the poll (on;y a mod could give you temperay permisson), if the poll does not meet satifactory standards then it is closed done and that member banned from using the poll function for say 2 weeks.

Too much hassle for the mods I would think, with the current political mess going around.

I mean we have what 10,000 members, wouldn't it be total chaos if all 10000 members, just speculating, ask at the same time to start a poll?

Surf

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
If I remember correctly, the last poll we had was skewed and there were allegations of cheating. Man that was a long time ago.

BG

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
Too much hassle for the mods I would think, with the current political mess going around.

I mean we have what 10,000 members, wouldn't it be total chaos if all 10000 members, just speculating, ask at the same time to start a poll?

Surf

Good point, never thought about that.

Maybe certain long term members could have the privilage.

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
Good point, never thought about that.

Thank you.

Maybe certain long term members could have the privilage.

The author should contact a mod about it. But the chances are no, me thinks.

Surf

posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
To be honest, polls are sort of Zzzzzzzz. When i joined up, I was pleased by the lack of polls IMHO. Take up space, and debating in the forums is much more interesting anyway.

new topics

top topics

join