It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riots against the increases in bus fares takes the streets of Brazil's largest city

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
good for the people of brazil........here in america the govt can be caught lying to our face, multiple times and lying about spying on it citizens and lying about spying on others around the world..and what does the american public do?? switch to a different Tv show and sit around yelling about how 'of course the govt spies on us ' bs....land of the free and home of the brave........HA! land of the enslaved and home of the pacified....

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Canslli

For the record, isn't Brazil one of the most multi-ethnic/culture, nations on the planet? And this is the nation Hillary Clinton wishes America would emulate?

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

when you're an occultist witch who desires, control, blood, sacrifice in the name of power why not emulate a country that provides just that to their leaders by law.

They want to emulate china as well.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I am Brazilian as well and I can understand perfectly what Canslli is saying.

The Brazilian people is not the one to go out in the streets to riot. We usually label any protest as a bunch of wanna be rebels. We are usually more concerned about how the traffic will be affected than concerned about the reasons people are out protesting.

Today there was a blood bath in Rio de Janeiro. The police started to use non-lethal bombs against everyone - including international journalists. Traffic cameras around the protest were magically turned off and a radio was asked to stop it's transmission.

Something HUGE changed here and I sure hope things will change for better.

I'm from São Paulo and tomorrow I will be in the protest Canslli was talking about. It is supposed to be peaceful but the odds are there will be confrontation. I just hope the local and international media don't turn a blind eye to us.

Peace,
Michel
edit on 16/6/13 by MichelT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MichelT

Play safe mon frère.

I will pray for those in Brazil tonight, please keep with the updates

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MichelT

Glad to hear that you're going MichelT. Many of my friends are going too. I hope nothing bad happens. Stay safe.

----------------------------------------------------

Parabéns ai cara, por ir ao protesto. Se eu tivesse em São Paulo, eu iria também. Eu estava em Campinas hoje e meu primo, universitário, falou que muita gente vai pra rua lá também, na quinta. E aqui na minha cidade também. Vamos ver se tudo isso vai surtir algum efeito. Espero que sim.

Boa sorte amanhã.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by korathin

I couldn't understand what you mean with this question.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by korathin
reply to post by Canslli

For the record, isn't Brazil one of the most multi-ethnic/culture, nations on the planet? And this is the nation Hillary Clinton wishes America would emulate?

It's as multi-ethnic as the US, just in different proportions. When you think of American ethnic background after the last couple hundred years of Slavery and immigration, you might think in the following order: English, Scottish/Irish, Mexican, German, Italian, Sub-Saharan African, French and Cajun, Polish, Chinese...listing off a few more Slavic nations, perhaps Greek, a few Middle Eastern nations, other Hispanic culturesScandinavians, Japanese, Koreans, Indians and Pakistanis, Iranians, Armenians, Ashkenazi Jews/Yiddish-speakers, trailing off in some such order til you get to Native American tribes (though more people may have native ancestry than those who actually claim it...but I'm talking perception).

In Brazil, the same constituent ethnicities are more or less present, but their various levels of prominence are in different order: Portuguese, Sub-Saharan African, Native tribal groups, Germans, Italians, Japanese, Ukrainians, Polish, Lebanese, and Dutch round out their top ethno-contributors...it of course trails off into Turks, other Slavs, other Arabs, other Western Europeans, Chinese, Indians, Greeks and even English and Americans.

So, yeah...that's that. What does that have to do with this again?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Just to update again, a live stream from the protest in São Paulo:

aovivo.folha.uol.com.br...

Just so you know, they are passing through this avenue for more than an hour now, so it is a lot of people.

edit on 17/6/13 by Canslli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Today was a historic day here in Brazil. Protests happened in many cities around the country and around 300.000 people participated.

I'll leave here a link with pictures showing really well what happened today here. There are beautiful scenes of entire avenues taken by the peaceful protesters and horrible pictures of the few vandals that spoiled the night.

Here's the link: g1.globo.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
youtube.com/watch?v=wKqk4iaMHO8&feature=player_embedded … Millions, that's right MILLIONS protesting in Brazil. No msm coverage at all

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I hope the middle east and saudi isn't behind this. And then there is annonymous. Always wondered if annonymous is Saudi.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
soundofheart.org...

This is an enormous amount of people.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Here is another video, this one the people from Brasilia ocuppying the roof of the Congress!

edit on 18/6/13 by Canslli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Just a great picture I found.

Spread the word. A million people. That is progress.

The obelisk in the background....
edit on 21-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: in case you missed it

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
buy mentos and pop to counter act the pepper spray

just a suggestion..

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thank you for the support guys.

We managed to achieve our first victory: the bus fares were reduced. This is not a real deal since the reduction will be subsidized by the government, in other words, we're still paying for it. On the other side, the President announced she will be meeting with local leaders to discuss a national plan for transportation and a few other issues.

The big problem now is that the protests are becoming too vague. Before, we were going to the streets to demand the reduction in bus fares - a clear objective. Now, there is a bunch of demands and, worse, many right wing radicals are trying to take over the protests. Last Thursday, they were burning and breaking some political parties flags. They say there is no space for political parties in this manifestation - which i agree, there should be no specific party here but you can't prohibit it, it's a violation of their right to have an opinion - and are being quite violent with those who disrespect that.

So basically, the big challenge now is to not let the protesters fight against each other, otherwise we're doomed.

whatzshaken: thank you! Gladly, everything was peaceful on monday and tuesday. Some minor groups trying to create problems but everything went out ok.

Canslli: Thanks man! Keep on fighting!

----

Valeu cara! Isso tá sendo incrível! É um momento histórico! Apesar dos problemas, me enche de orgulho! Força ai!
edit on 22/6/13 by MichelT because: (no reason given)

edit on 22/6/13 by MichelT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Aljazeera

Brazil leader pledges $25bn to end protests

Please do not sell out, or be bought off by those who tried to steal more from you.

RT

'Get them to write a big check:' Irish banker pulls bailout figure from 'arse' in leaked tapes

Abstract thinking will not allow you to see the connections and parallels.

They want to you fall victim to the same greed they did.

Suppress oppression.
edit on 24-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join