It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did Americans become the enemy in our own country?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Unless you are a native american, you no longer have your own country. You are an immigrant or descendant of, brought in to feed those behind a curtain you can never touch.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Yes I'm an American. I guess you don't know drones fly at about 12,000 to 18,000ft. There aren't many weapons that can hit a moving target that high aside from a guided SAM. No rifle could hit a moving drone at 12,000ft not even a Barrett .50cal would even come close. There's a little thing called gravity that shortens your firearms range when firing upwards. It's not like these things are flying a few hundred feet off the ground.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by Bassago
reply to post by darkbake

I wish we had Superman fighting the government.
We don't need a superman. We need EVERYMAN. We need real men to stand up and be counted. Why do you think real manhood is and has been under such a devastating attack for decades? The Pussification/Wussification of men in this country is far advanced. Soon there will be no men left to stand.

You can't fight the government. Our current regime was put into power to usher in the end of the world as we know it, and he is busy collapsing the U.S. dollar because a one world currency cannot be established until the U.S. dollar has been devalued into nothing. One good way to do this is by the ordering of the Fed Reserve to mass print money we don't have the gold in the bank to cover. Another way to collapse the dollar is to raise the debt cieling instead of addressing the issue of cutting our insanely huge big government's spending. A 3rd way to collapse the dollar is by granting all these "stimulus" packages to prop up a failing economy, failing banks, failing automotive industries, failing green energy alternatives etc, because it increases the need to print more money we don't have which will in turn further devalue the dollar. Do you see where this is going? Our great-great-great-great-grandchildren will still be paying all this debt back, and they won't even be able to do it, so in the end this country will be bankrupted and it'll happen in under 10 years. We're already almost there. 17 trillion in debt and this fool sitting in the White House has tripled our national debt in his first 4 years to nearly 17 trillion, in another 4 years he'll triple that, and i can assure you, we don't have that much gold on this planet.
edit on 14-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Reading too deeply into comic book schlock is a recipe for neurological disaster.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Taissa

Americans started becoming enemies of their own country during the Whisky Rebellion in 1791, then more people were made enemies of the state by the Alien and Sedition Acts of 1798, compliments of the Federalists (akin to Republicans) and John Adams, and then we had the Espionage Act in 1917, courtesy of Woodrow Wilson and the Democrats. You're late to the party, friend. Where have you been?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa
but they do everything to try and strip our PRIDE. Pride as Americans, pride in our country. It has been destroyed.

I agree for the most part. The government is run by greedy people, who more the most part, don't even care about us. I'm sure some genuinely do, but they would be the minority no doubt.

But one thing i don't exactly agree with, is that we need our pride back. Being proud about anything will just make you feel superior towards other people. And can also lead to nationalism, which can be very dangerous.

You see Mexican pride, Black pride, Gay pride, and so on. But why? Why do you need to be proud about something so trivial as that? We're all humans, and it doesn't matter what country you live in. Pride just further divides us. The only thing we should really be proud of, is being proud to be a human. And I have yet to see anyone be proud of that. After all, we humans have come a long way, and every creed of people have helped us get to where we are today.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Great post OP! I hope this message below will lift your spirits. Our elderly people are still very patriotic!!!

Yesterday I attended a flag dedication ceremony at a local retirement community in my town. The American Legion came in to do the ceremony. A great bunch of guys.... Anyway we had a large crowd of senior citizens who raised $3,000.00 to erect a 30 ft. Flag pole. They raised the money through community outreach hosting spaghetti dinners, bake sales and collecting soda pop cans ( in Oregon we have a deposit on cans) anyway, it took those old folks many many months to raise the $ but they did it because deep inside of them their American Spirit is standing strong.

At the tail end of the ceremony, one of those old gals, she's 86 was so moved she stood up and started a solo that was unplanned and impulsive. She started singing " God bless America....land that I love..... The entire crowd broke out and joined her! I was very moved by this.

So you see, we still have it....we just need to "Wake It Up" once again

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taissa
I agree. But I cannot help but love the ending where he brings down that drone. I think that was a good message. We need to be trusted as Americans. There is no reason why we cannot be trusted. We need to stop being treated as criminals. I'm old enough to know what America was like when I was a child and growing up it was a different place. It has shifted greatly, and it needs to change.
It has nothing to do with being trusted as Americans, it is not a trust issue in that they think we can't be trusted so we have to be watched, it is a "where are your loyalty's, who are you as a person" sort of thing. This is what the people that are fundamentally changing America to there way of thinking need to know in order to achieve a means to an end to there agenda.

They don't care if you can be trusted, they just want to know if your loyal to there cause and if not how do they bring you into the fold and most of all they need to know how many are left that will fight for there freedom and or country.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Protocols of Zion The engine that drives the New World Order .

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I must disagree. We know HOW to fix it. We just WON'T. We won't get off the couch. We won't vote intelligently. We won't accept cut in government social spending. We won't require our LEOs to follow the laws they are supposed to enforce. We won't stop electing people we would not even want around our kids or in our homes alone with our wives. We won't STAND UP and say NO MORE! We just keep our heads down and hope to not get killed by a drone or have a head bag thrown over us as we disappear to God only knows where. We won't stop accepting government intrusion into out private lives. We won't punch a TSA agent in the face for sticking his hands in our daughter's panties.

What's this "we", speak for yourself. I don't do any of those things that you said "we" do--problem is that a lot of people are non-committal and/or ignorant of what is happening, and still others don't know what to do, don't want to do it alone,don't want to die in vain, and aren't organizing.

United we stand, divided we fall.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by RothchildRancor

Well, before I really turned into a newshound and just about made it a primary focus, I was able to watch through the political messaging and not be bothered. I still saw it there, but didn't give too much thought. Since really becoming sensitive to things like subtle manipulation through messaging and media? Well, I just can't watch through that when it's blatant these days. It's not an active dislike as much as it is an inability to enjoy it as entertainment.

How is it political? ugh.... I'm sad the question comes up... This thread wouldn't exist if others didn't clearly see it too.

The first Superman movies I enjoyed growing up, I couldn't really have told you the date or world affairs happening when they were filmed except for the obvious tells like car makes and models or the like. It was meant to be unconnected fantasy in almost all ways. Pure entertainment. Nothing to leave the theater and think 'Wow..that was really meaningful!'. Just something to relax, enjoy and not have to think about serious things for the couple hours. That was worth paying for.

How is it sad that this question comes up...it is a valid question.

You realize how many times Superman has become an enemy of the U.S. military in the comic books?

The military didn't care where he was from, they only saw the destruction he caused to save Metropolis!

So again how if this is a blatant political message, it isn't new because it was in the comic books.
My boss vouched for the movie and he hasn't been wrong about any suggestions as far as entertainment goes.

I deal with people's dumb political views all day every day. Something like that won't kill a movie for me.

Again in the comic books.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Well, I suppose if you sit and look at the script of this movie in 100% and total isolation to everything else happening in the world, Hollywood and trends for Polititainment in the theaters? Your point is a fair one. Personally, I'm just jaded by growing up on Superman movies and watching the 'Man of Steel' when he wasn't portrayed as a 'Citizen of the World', a drunk loser at other times (last movie), and generally, the Man against the United States Government.

See, once upon a time, when Hollywood wasn't trying to be some cute extension of national politics, Superman represented America and it's values down to Mom and Apple Pie. There wasn't much MORE American and proud of it, than Superman. This is corny to current generations....and that alone is a sad sad thing to see.

I'll pass on the total and 100% redefining of the man, story and context it all came from as this movie apparently does. It wasn't enough to simply BUILD on the story line with another crappy sequel to add to the ENDLESS crappy sequels Hollywood pumps out like cookies at a Keebler factory. They had to retell the WHOLE thing from his earliest childhood.....as if to erase all that my generation and those before had known Superman to be and represent.

Personally? It's things like this that start to form a deep deep dislike for Hollywood on all levels. If they hate America so damn much, they can leave it and take their garbage scripts with them.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Well, I suppose if you sit and look at the script of this movie in 100% and total isolation to everything else happening in the world, Hollywood and trends for Polititainment in the theaters? Your point is a fair one. Personally, I'm just jaded by growing up on Superman movies and watching the 'Man of Steel' when he wasn't portrayed as a 'Citizen of the World', a drunk loser at other times (last movie), and generally, the Man against the United States Government.

See, once upon a time, when Hollywood wasn't trying to be some cute extension of national politics, Superman represented America and it's values down to Mom and Apple Pie. There wasn't much MORE American and proud of it, than Superman. This is corny to current generations....and that alone is a sad sad thing to see.

I'll pass on the total and 100% redefining of the man, story and context it all came from as this movie apparently does. It wasn't enough to simply BUILD on the story line with another crappy sequel to add to the ENDLESS crappy sequels Hollywood pumps out like cookies at a Keebler factory. They had to retell the WHOLE thing from his earliest childhood.....as if to erase all that my generation and those before had known Superman to be and represent.

Personally? It's things like this that start to form a deep deep dislike for Hollywood on all levels. If they hate America so damn much, they can leave it and take their garbage scripts with them.

edit on 18-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

Did you see the third Transformers movie?

The part where Sam Witwiki was trying to find a job and he tried flaunting his medal from Obama in one of the interviews, and the interviewer said,"We are mostly republican here. So, yeah...."

I found that to be unnecessary!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join