It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Degrees of Terrorism links YOU to....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Well, i had an interesting conversation today reguarding the "new" revelations of the U.S. govt's eavesdropping programs.

Long story short, the conversation took a path based on the idea that all of the information collected in the month of march alone could link YOU to a terrorist, effectively giving the govt. reason to suspect you of aiding the enemy.

OK, perhaps a bit far fetched but i think its a fairly reasonable fetch given the "un"reasonable lengths the U.S. govt has been known to go to for its own ends. Which leads me to this simple and possibly fun excersise.

The premise is this, 6 degrees of seperation, similar to linking people to Kevin Bacon but a bit more "terrifying"

In the conversation i had it was proposed that anyone of us could be linked to OBL, and that our govt, in its zeal to protect "us" could detain any one based on this link.

so i make this proposition to you: In 6 people or less link yourself to a terrorist.
It could be any terrorist but in case you dont know any(which is probably the case) i have given 3 possibilities...

1) a real terrorist as proposed by the FBI : JOANNE DEBORAH CHESIMARD
2) a possible terrorist : Mahmoud Ahmadinejad
or...
3) a "not so" terrorist : Bradley Manning

you dont have to pick one of these, perhaps you already have one in mind or have thought of a better one...

i hope we can all have fun with this and remember, just because im paranoid, doesnt mean they are not out to get me...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
So its only fitting that i set the pace.
In this conversation i had it was brought to light that i can be connected to the leader of Iran by less than six people...

Me
My father : worked for an undisclosed govt. agency (retired 14 years ago)
John Kerry : took reports from my father while still in the MA senate
Ban Ki-Moon : Met with John Kerry as sec. of state
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad : who also meet with Ban Ki-Moon

ok maybe not a terrorist but i still thought it was kinda interesting

so...the conversation kinda faded with the idea that, if i can make this link...what kind of connections can/will/does our govt make...

are you "terrified" yet?

edit on 13-6-2013 by RadicalRebel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
My sister met Barack Obama. What is that--one degree?

ETA: Oh. Sorry. Has to be officially recognized as a terrorist. My bad....
edit on 6/13/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Using the 6 degrees of separation, anyone can be linked to terrorism.

Nice way to start filling the camps huh?

But wait...This means that each and every one in Govt. can also be linked. Maybe not such a bad idea.

I can think of a few that only need 1,2 or 3 degrees tho...

Peace

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

blindsided me completely, thanks for the laugh

and yes, the people who work in the govt are not exempt, you know what they say about power and corruption....

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

i played baseball with a dude that was cousins by marrige to james vanderbek

vaderbek boned kati holmes

kati holms boned tom cruise

tom cruise met oprah

oprah met obama

obama knows many terriosts

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.

He and I share the same birthday.

Obviously that makes me suspect.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   
I think the most concerning thing about the way these things are thought of by the intelligence services, is that I could be linked with terrorists and terrorism, without my knowledge! I mean, how do you know who is who, and what is what when you are out and about, seeing after your private business?

I may have stood in the same bus queue, in the same line at the bank, or ridden in a cab driven by, or been in the same park, rock festival, or nightspot, as a terrorist, and I wouldnt even know it! I could be conversing with one or two right now!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

then the chances become even greater when you concider some of th watchlists the govt. has created, adding groups like peta and acorn and even some church groups.

concerning is a mild descriptive for the over reaching capabilities of these intelligence agencies.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by RadicalRebel

Concerning is the adjective of choice for me, simply because to state that I find the situation terrifying, or scary, or what have you, just is not accurate. When trucks full of military types drag off every activist of every kind, that I have dealings with or have contacted over the last twelve months, then maybe things will enter that territory, and that is a bridge best crossed when it is arrived at.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I used to live in Saudi Arabia, so this is a short trip for me, hehe....

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

thats cool, growing up i had an interest in visiting and learning abou that entire region and it rich culture that spans a great deal of human history.
Its kind of sad that now i have second thoughts about it...not because i worry about not being safe there as an American, but because of the thought that some people in the US would be suspect of me for going to that region.

although im sure some the ideas and beliefs i express here achieve the same effect....

Also, i remebered another way i can link myself, in 1996 i shook Bill Clintons hand during his re-election campaign.

new topics

top topics

join