It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Treating Their Employees Even Worse

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus

i mean, look at it this way....i've heard some bad things about best buy, target, and costco...but i still give them my money, because what i've heard about them, PALES in comparison to what i've heard about walmart....they're so bad, i boycotted them.....that says something, at least insofar as i'm concerned..

Well, I can respect that. At least you put your money where your mouth is.

If most people heard the stories you’ve heard about Wal-Mart (and believed them) and decided to do what you do and NOT SPEND MONEY THERE then they would start losing a lot of money really fast! The fact that this isn’t happening speaks volumes to me.

We will agree to disagree on the evilness of Wally-World, friend! I appreciate the debate though…that’s why I log in!

edit on 16-6-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
I got one answer for people who dont like Walmart its real easy. If you dont like Walmart DONT shop at Walmart.

Not only do I not shop at Walmart, SamsClub or anyother establishment owned by www.corporateofficeheadquarters.com...

I prefer to spend my money in locally owned mom and pop operations. I'm also not a big fan of franchises but I do like the bar at the Hilton.

Being an owner of 3 small businesses in a small village. I appreciate and cater to every customer that walks in my door with respect and dignity, because I know they could very easily spend their money in a in some impersonal big box and pay less. Great Service and appreciation is our motto with a free hand tied fly in the fly shop [tied by a 70 year old American and not a 10year old Guatemalan girl/child like they sell in walmart] for the gents and a lollypop for the kids. Mention you are an ATS member when you visit us and I'll give you a map to a secret hole where the big fishes live.
edit on 16-6-2013 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Now where is it I mention anything about this link was only for individuals like myself? And I agree it is low to ask that on when youd be back to work. Very low but not illegal.

At the same time you all want to jump me for bringing up the fact that I mention Walmart isn't the only ones doing this type business I don't recall it saying anything in the Thread title or opening post it is a Walmart only thread. Perhaps I missed it though.
What I personally read it to be is the fact they are making all part time work rather then full time. So I will cut out of this thread due to there is nothing that is of interest to me in a all Walmart thread.
Well they could make it easier to get a buggy around in there ok I contributed now I think.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I appreciate your time into researching which companies are trying to reduce benefits costs. I agree with management on this.

Big companies should not be forced into paying benefits for employees. In fact, companies should be able to find a health case insurance policy that if affordable and have a group insurance policy to which ALL EMPLOYEES PAY FOR OUT OF THEIR POCKET!

I had to pay into a policy I didn't see any benefits from a long time ago. But at least I knew I was covered and the company didn't lose its shirt.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: spelling correction

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Connman
reply to post by ezekielken

I don't recall it saying anything in the Thread title or opening post it is a Walmart only thread. Perhaps I missed it though.

are you remedial, or just having a laugh?

don't recall anything in the....READ THE GODDAMN TITLE!

IT SAYS WALMART IN IT!

THE THREAD IS ABOUT WALMART!

sweet screaming jesus, on a whole wheat goddamn cracker....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skywatcher2011
reply to post by seabag

I appreciate your time into researching which companies are trying to reduce benefits costs. I agree with management on this.

Big companies should not be forced into paying benefits for employees. In fact, companies should be able to find a health case insurance policy that if affordable and have a group insurance policy to which ALL EMPLOYEES PAY FOR OUT OF THEIR POCKET!

I had to pay into a policy I didn't see any benefits from a long time ago. But at least I knew I was covered and the company didn't lose its shirt.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Skywatcher2011 because: spelling correction

and that was one of the things i think me and him were not communicating properly between ourselves earlier.....i don't think a company should completely handle the cost of the health benefits it offers it's employees....i think they should offer a plan that employees can afford, which, unfortunately, isn't the case...

their plan is either too expensive for a lot of the employees, OR they don't even bother to offer it, because the employee doesn't qualify....and they're only making it easier to disqualify employees from eligibility..and then when they do that, they tell them to go get medicaid....because hell, it's only the taxpayer's money, right?
edit on 17-6-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

i mean, look at it this way....i've heard some bad things about best buy, target, and costco...but i still give them my money, because what i've heard about them, PALES in comparison to what i've heard about walmart....they're so bad, i boycotted them.....that says something, at least insofar as i'm concerned..

Well, I can respect that. At least you put your money where your mouth is.

If most people heard the stories you’ve heard about Wal-Mart (and believed them) and decided to do what you do and NOT SPEND MONEY THERE then they would start losing a lot of money really fast! The fact that this isn’t happening speaks volumes to me.

We will agree to disagree on the evilness of Wally-World, friend! I appreciate the debate though…that’s why I log in!

edit on 16-6-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

the problem is that people don't pay attention to the world around them anymore....if it's not on fox news, facebook, or twitter, they probably don't know it exists....people (generally speaking), are brain-dead these days....they are glued to their smart devices, are completely apathetic, don't care about the government abusing their rights, and have no empathy for their fellow man.....they don't get mad about the things they should get mad about, and they don't care about people...

it's a sad world we live in....gone, are the days where you could start protesting something, make a case for it, spread the word, and have people from all over the place join you in a boycott....back then, people could make a difference...now, not so much, because there are far less civic-minded people than there used to be, and anything that gets big enough either gets infiltrated, or shouted down and marginalized by the media...too many forces at work to keep the bastards of the world safe..

so it's not a matter of the information not being true..it's a matter of not enough people seeing it, and not enough people giving a damn.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

i think they should offer a plan that employees can afford, which, unfortunately, isn't the case...

It will never be the case for any company with the current rising rates.

their plan is either too expensive for a lot of the employees, OR they don't even bother to offer it, because the employee doesn't qualify....and they're only making it easier to disqualify employees from eligibility..

This has to do with the group plan. This is the downfall of a group plan; it becomes a one-size-fits-all plan which never works out for everyone.

In my company we only offer heathcare for management (10 of our 45 employees). This “50 employees or more” requirement for Obamacare is the reason my company has ceased expansion. My company recently restructured and we’ve put all growth plans on hold until (get this) Obamacare is repealed (I’m not holding my breath). As a multi-unit manager, I get a percentage of profit from each of my locations (currently 4) when they show year over year gains and meet other criteria. The more stores I have the more potential earnings I have. Thanks to this bill being forced down our throats we can no longer grow our business, which we fully intended to do several years ago. All of our locations are profitable and we’ve passed on some amazing deals simply because if we reach the “50 employee” mark we’ll lose our shirt!

Providing healthcare to all employees is simply unaffordable to any company IMO. Obamacare isn’t going to fix that problem. In fact, Obamacare is killing businesses left and right. What our government should have done is fix the numerous problems with our current healthcare system (stop the frivolous lawsuit, outrageous prices, insurance fraud, etc) rather than trying to force more people into this ponzi scheme we have now.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

i think they should offer a plan that employees can afford, which, unfortunately, isn't the case...

It will never be the case for any company with the current rising rates.

their plan is either too expensive for a lot of the employees, OR they don't even bother to offer it, because the employee doesn't qualify....and they're only making it easier to disqualify employees from eligibility..

This has to do with the group plan. This is the downfall of a group plan; it becomes a one-size-fits-all plan which never works out for everyone.

In my company we only offer heathcare for management (10 of our 45 employees). This “50 employees or more” requirement for Obamacare is the reason my company has ceased expansion. My company recently restructured and we’ve put all growth plans on hold until (get this) Obamacare is repealed (I’m not holding my breath). As a multi-unit manager, I get a percentage of profit from each of my locations (currently 4) when they show year over year gains and meet other criteria. The more stores I have the more potential earnings I have. Thanks to this bill being forced down our throats we can no longer grow our business, which we fully intended to do several years ago. All of our locations are profitable and we’ve passed on some amazing deals simply because if we reach the “50 employee” mark we’ll lose our shirt!

Providing healthcare to all employees is simply unaffordable to any company IMO. Obamacare isn’t going to fix that problem. In fact, Obamacare is killing businesses left and right. What our government should have done is fix the numerous problems with our current healthcare system (stop the frivolous lawsuit, outrageous prices, insurance fraud, etc) rather than trying to force more people into this ponzi scheme we have now.

we both agree that obamacare is a bad plan, and isn't going to help anyone but the HMOs....

BUT....a company i used to work for offered a really crappy plan...i stopped paying for it, because it wasn't doing me a bit of good (i didn't get sick often enough to justify the cost of the plan), but for everyone else, it was better than the nothing they had before...

point is, even if the plan isn't "great", it's still help.

but you're right, with obamacare, it's gonna become unaffordable regardless....but as i've been saying, walmart's been doing this since way before obamacare was even an idea, so what's their excuse for not having picked up a lower-cost "maybe not as great" plan, so that everyone could pay into it, and at least get a little help, instead of going whole-hog taxpayer-funded?

they could have done this YEARS ago, and not looked like the full-on, bastard-covered bastards they look like now...

the answer is greed......"why spend a penny more on these losers, when we can just make the taxpayers foot the bill?" ...it's real easy to spend other people's money...
edit on 17-6-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

That is simply not true, friend. Wal-Mart has offered its employees insurance for decades and still claims to have over 50% of its employees covered. It is even trying new things to take better care of its employees by analyzing and attacking the root cause of the increased expense to lower wage employees.

Wal-Mart has become the country’s dominant retailer by exerting relentless downward pressure on prices and costs. That pressure didn’t work with health insurance: The company got a bad name for withholding coverage from low-wage workers, and broad efforts (such as wellness programs) failed to push down its per-person costs. But corporate officials found an unusual trend in their data, according to Tom Emerick, a former Wal-Mart executive who now runs a health-benefits consultancy. Typical employees, even those with chronic diseases, aren’t breaking the bank; the biggest costs come from the small number of employees with very complicated, expensive health problems. If the company could find a better way to care for those workers, the reasoning went, it could improve their health and lower its long-term spending.

So last October, Wal-Mart announced that employees who needed certain pricey surgeries would have the option of traveling to one of the six best hospitals in the country that specialize in those procedures. Cashiers in California and store greeters in Alabama could fly to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota—all expenses paid. The model, sometimes called “centers of excellence” or “travel surgery,” has caught on among a few large corporations and their employees. Unlike in retail stores, where the cheapest item is probably the shoddiest, this program is premised on the idea that cheaper health care is to be found at the nation’s very best providers. “We come at it from the perspective of how can we improve quality,” said Sally Welborn, Wal-Mart’s senior vice president of global benefits. “When we improve quality, often there will be a reduction in waste or unintended or unnecessary cost.”
www.nationaljournal.com...
I’m not sure what more they can do in the current environment.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

That is simply not true, friend. Wal-Mart has offered its employees insurance for decades and still claims to have over 50% of its employees covered. It is even trying new things to take better care of its employees by analyzing and attacking the root cause of the increased expense to lower wage employees.

Wal-Mart has become the country’s dominant retailer by exerting relentless downward pressure on prices and costs. That pressure didn’t work with health insurance: The company got a bad name for withholding coverage from low-wage workers, and broad efforts (such as wellness programs) failed to push down its per-person costs. But corporate officials found an unusual trend in their data, according to Tom Emerick, a former Wal-Mart executive who now runs a health-benefits consultancy. Typical employees, even those with chronic diseases, aren’t breaking the bank; the biggest costs come from the small number of employees with very complicated, expensive health problems. If the company could find a better way to care for those workers, the reasoning went, it could improve their health and lower its long-term spending.

So last October, Wal-Mart announced that employees who needed certain pricey surgeries would have the option of traveling to one of the six best hospitals in the country that specialize in those procedures. Cashiers in California and store greeters in Alabama could fly to the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota—all expenses paid. The model, sometimes called “centers of excellence” or “travel surgery,” has caught on among a few large corporations and their employees. Unlike in retail stores, where the cheapest item is probably the shoddiest, this program is premised on the idea that cheaper health care is to be found at the nation’s very best providers. “We come at it from the perspective of how can we improve quality,” said Sally Welborn, Wal-Mart’s senior vice president of global benefits. “When we improve quality, often there will be a reduction in waste or unintended or unnecessary cost.”
www.nationaljournal.com...
I’m not sure what more they can do in the current environment.

well, here's the thing: up until now, it WAS true...they CLAIM that a certain good-looking percentage of their employees are on the company plan, but i've read the number is actually much lower..kinda like how the federal government cooks unemployment numbers, so it doesn't look as bad as it really is.

and even if they ARE now taking steps to try and do things that civilized people would see as "right", why in the hell has it taken them so long? it's kinda like how it took apple 20 years to finally have a mouse with more than one friggin' button...welcome to the present, you know?

i tend to not believe most of what walmart says, due to their absolutely sterling track record when it comes to telling the truth, but only time will tell, i suppose.....i'm still not shopping there, because employee healthcare is only a very small part of their evilness, and why i refuse to give them my money...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join