It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart Treating Their Employees Even Worse

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Im sorry about my previous comment about a poor foreign country.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominar

They will buy 50 billion in textiles from arab nations and sell them to us to make a 200% profit.

Good for Walmart. Bad for American business.

Don't get me wrong. Arabian textiles can be gorgeous. But they are not the 'Made in the US' that Wal-Mart used to get its foot in the door of every American community. Closing down mom and pop stores in the process.
edit on 13-6-2013 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by PrincessTofu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hey, a plate of fish heads and rice is a whole lot cheaper than what i would get here. The profit margin is a lot bigger than that IMO. 50 cents material, 50 cents labor. $30 price tag....breaks in ten minutes.......

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

Why skimp on employee med benefits, then? It is a huge amt of money. It makes no sense to treat employees so poorly.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PrincessTofu

using my friends account in reply to the thread as a former employee i completely agree i worked for the company for 10 years and in that time I was physically abused by my previous manager and when i brought it up to higher management they said I had to learn to get along with this individual. Then when i switched stores to work at another as a department manager things just went down hill from there as they never gave me staff and threw me under the bus to fail and then fired me under false pretenses.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is the new trend and not just WalMart. It's becoming the American way.
Always so much evil said on Walmart yet you never hear anything good so if I may.
Here in North Florida at least they help foot the bill Life Flight cost here for those that need assistance. They helped cover a friends bill of $20,000 and that flight was a 30 minute flight so where is the true corruption.

Also who is forcing people to work at WalMart? Simply don't like it don't work there. Heard Mcdonald's has a great carrier plan.
edit on 6/13/2013 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

the only way to do this is to get everyone you know to stop shopping there all together and go to the awesome mom n pop shops

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

since you have never worked there you have really no place to comment. Many people that work there have worked for that company for 10+ years and dont have the best education and its all they know so how are they supposed to quit and get another job just anywhere? Especially when the economy is experiencing its highest unemployment rate.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Connman

I think in this economy, people are grateful to work anywhere that is hiring.

My initial post pointed out that instead of giving the hours to internal employees, Wal-Mart was hiring temps at starting wage so as to not have employees work enough hours to get medical benefits

Even gangs do things to help an individual or a murdered member's spouse. It doesn't raise that gang to saint status.

So they tossed a penny at an air-flight to save a life. It wasn't out of the kindness of their heart.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

I'm sorry that you went through that. It really does sound like a nightmare. Nobody should be treated like that.

Hearing what they did to you makes me think even less of them.

Of course we can't expect a company that withholds medical care to care about a single employee that was battered then discarded. Despicable company with no ethics.
edit on 13-6-2013 by PrincessTofu because: typo

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

Originally posted by ezekielken
reply to post by Connman

since you have never worked there you have really no place to comment. Many people that work there have worked for that company for 10+ years and dont have the best education and its all they know so how are they supposed to quit and get another job just anywhere? Especially when the economy is experiencing its highest unemployment rate.

I wasn't aware this thread was for Walmart employees only which I don;t think it is.
Not the best Education doesn't sound like Walmarts problem. And get a job just anywhere like the rest of the US that is out of work and again not Walmarts problem to keep Not the best Educated people working.

You seem to blame WalMart for what the Government is responsible for and has failed miserably.

So these Not the best Educated people working at WalMart are to good to share the time with other not employed Not the best Educated people is what I'm making from this Walmart employee only thread?
And for WalMart to actually sell American made products America needs to actually get back into making them.

I blame it all on the Government as mentioned earlier they are the ones letting Walmart get by with part time workers and WalMart is a business and a business looking for a profit and that's using what the system allows it to do.
edit on 6/14/2013 by Connman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Yes I know exactly what this thread is about and WalMart is not the only Company taking advantage of working part time employees rather then full time.
And Walmart is part of keeping Life Flight going so it's more then a few dollars and more then they need to do as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by ezekielken
Especially when the economy is experiencing its highest unemployment rate.

Not true. The highest unemployment rate was 10.3, in 1983.

Under Reagan...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Im british but i really f**king hate walmart.

Infact, all companies that dont value their employee's. Employers dont have a right to be dicks to the general population. Apparently its more honourable to work for nothing then sit on benefits/welfare and never have nothing.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Thanks to the love of money, the world will turn into the movie Wall-E, if wal mart has anything to say about it. I'm a fan of capitalism, free trade, open markets, but when it comes to treating employees like numbers and not like people, when it comes to knowingly selling rat-poison dog food and dog treats, when it comes to monopolizing and destroying the local economy by buying from the Chinese and and never buying American products, the result is evidence of evil, the love of money over anything else. Sadly the average consumer is similar to the humans in the movie Wall-E, I go to Wal-Mart when I want to feel good about myself, but I don't go there to shop, and if I am forced to shop there I never have a cart or hand cart, always empty handed forcing myself to buy as little as possible, but I usually only go there to rent from redbox, so at least I admit occasionally buying something but I try to support the smaller higher quality markets.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Walmart is not the only company that does this. Back in the 80's, after being laid-off from a local advertising agency, I was hired as a graphic designer/technical illustrator for a large well-known company. I was hired as a "full-time temporary" employee, just so they could avoid paying me benefits and hire me at a measly hourly wage.

I was single and needed work, so I figured I would prove my worth and they would then eventually hire me as a full-time employee. I proved my worth after being given my first design project. A package design for one of their products. My boss and others were blown away by my design, but they continued to take advantage of my design skills. I eventually became the go to guy for literature and package design. I felt bad because they stopped giving all their literature design projects to their lead designer, who was really a nice guy.

I was naive to think that they would have offered me a full-time position, after proving time and time again I was a benefit to their company. After 2 1/2 years hoping, I was approached by a product design manager in the company and was given a proposition if I started my own business they would send work my way. It was better than being paid a rate that barely covered my living expenses, so I quit and started my own freelance graphic design business.

I've had other experience with companies dealing with the same things you describe at Walmart. I don't think Walmart will ever change. Do yourself a big favor and start looking for a company that treats you as a human being and not as as a reduction in their yearly multi-billion profit margin.

...and than there are people who don't think labor needs a voice to protect them or give them a livable wage.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Have you ever been a manager? If you have, then you would understand this...relying on the people you hire to be responsible and show up on time and not call off is difficult in most businesses, but when it comes to the level of intelligence and the average worker at a Walmart you would be crazy to put any of them on Full time. Go through a check out line...I rest my case.

PS....if they don't like the way they are treated, they can go back to collecting welfare.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Which is all why I avoid Walmart and go to Costco. Seems I'm not the only one:

Walmart Pays Workers Poorly And Sinks While Costco Pays Workers Well And Sails - Proof That You Get What You Pay For
In an identical economy, how do we explain Costco’s growth vis-à-vis the failures over at Walmart?

Here’s a crazy thought—might it have something to do with the fact that Costco pays nearly all of its employees a decent living (well in excess of the minimum wage) while Wal-Mart continues to pay its workers as if their employees don’t actually need to eat more than once a week, live in an enclosed space and, on occasion, take their kids to see a doctor? Forbe's

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
not only skimp on the med coverage, but now they have a plan in place
where you have to buy your med's from walmart or pay a higher price.

They have really gone down hill fast.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

One thing encouraging I happen to stumble on a story that said Walmart was not doing too well.
Here is the link to this story: Customers Flee Wal-Mart Empty Shelves for Target, Costco

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 14-6-2013 by Loveaduck because: making title bold

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join