Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

...and this is why we don't believe the Government, folks.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Technically, the front of the wing is touching the hangar

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
It's even worse....the tips didn't even hit.....so what does that mean.....outright nefarious intent

did you know that could happen to anyone

like the video of a big airbus on the ramp almost to gate and impacts the crap out of a md-90 tail. would that ruin someones life....career.. man that could have been me. what do your friends talk about after that.

Or the klm 777 brand new test for the airlines on their ramp, nosed up to a drop-off of 15 feet......run the thrust up to 85% with the parking brake switch on.....stay with me now......find a minor side system fault and reset all the breakers.....which lets go of the brakes and bamm..!!!! isn't that jet liner ruined with it's forward cargo area crunched in about five feet and nose gear hanging in the air?......that could be me....I know.
edit on 13-6-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Some funny thing to point out.

Firstly the block of text that you copied is Riddled with Grammar and Spelling issues. That is funny as hell. The editor needs his @$$ canned.

Also they do not know their @$$es from a Wing on a plane.

I think what happened here was the "Telephone Game".

Ya know?. . That is where the first person says that a plane hit a building, and the second person to pass the information says that a plane crashed into a building, and by the time the story gets to the last person it goes, .. A plane hit a building and broke it wing.

Apparently NBC was the last to get the call.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, WAIT!

Okay, right, FAA didn't quite get there facts straight as a bit more of the plane hit the hanger than the wing......and yah, that would be cause for concern in trusting what government agencies say to the public....

However, at least for me.....this makes me MUCH more concerned about pilots operating aircraft! I'm a bit more worried about that...hehehehehe.

I mean....HELLO! Do you see that large BUILDING in front of you?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

Dude...you are spot-on....I was thinking that but refuse to say it outloud....the quality of workers across the board for the last 25 years.....nevermind...(I shut my mouf now)

No. i gotta say it....the year it changed was....those born after195......I better shut my mouf....
edit on 13-6-2013 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I'm thinking that quote was meant to say:

"The wing clipped the hangar and the pilot lost control crashing into the building"

BUT, some idiot screwed up, either the spokesperson didn't finish their sentence cuz they got distracted by a shiny object, or the reporter left out the most important part of the quote. Either way someone's not real bright. I guess neither the spokesperson or reporter were on scene or at least looked at the damn photos of the scene. Instant information = incomplete information. *shakes head in disbelief*

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Pretty sure this is gonna be the hangers fault. Where's a door when you need one!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
sorry

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey, that's all this was. In seeing your graphic, it just hit me. They meant to do that! Yeah... The sun was too bright or something wasn't comfy to let the passengers out on the tarmac, so what the heck? They just gave them indoor service. Awww... I should have seen that right away. It was a service they performed!

Now those are a couple very considerate pilots when we think it through and realize how accommodating they were.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by eriktheawful

However, at least for me.....this makes me MUCH more concerned about pilots operating aircraft! I'm a bit more worried about that...hehehehehe.

Really you need to be concerned just as much about the maintenance crews working on them.When I worked third shift when work let out we would go to the bar down the street. There were many mornings and early afternoons that we would be drinking with the maintenance crews of a major airline on their break. Once the crew chief even left some parts on the bar.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16

They need to sign up for Obamacare so they can get some new glasses!

Funny
BUT
Obamacare doesn't have any coverage for vision (from what I've heard)!

Just what we need - a bunch of blind air traffic controllers (ok it's hyperbole)...

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i think the TSA needs to be revamped to provide screening for pilot skill. no doubt more lives would be saved and less destruction caused.

in the future:

FAA: "it's just a scratch, nothing to worry about" *both plane engines on fire*

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
Pretty sure this is gonna be the hangers fault. Where's a door when you need one!!!

About 20-25' to the port side. Maybe he was looking to take a shortcut and missed those big ole bay doors. *shrugs*

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx

Originally posted by eriktheawful

Really you need to be concerned just as much about the maintenance crews working on them.When I worked third shift when work let out we would go to the bar down the street. There were many mornings and early afternoons that we would be drinking with the maintenance crews of a major airline on their break. Once the crew chief even left some parts on the bar.

You're absolutely right about that!

Maybe the plane did some how get away from them.

I remember back in 1989, I had a car with cruise control, and I was on the freeway. I splashed through a rain puddle and something that shouldn't have gotten wet did, and suddenly the cruise control turned on, and the gas peddle floored itself.

Was very unnerving as it felt like the car had come alive and decided it was going to see how fast it could go. Only moving to the shoulder and shutting the ignition off saved me.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

The FAA told media the jet's WING hit a hangar.
Are you sure about that?

No, of course. I forgot, the media always gets the fact straight.
www.latimes.com...
edit on 6/13/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

And, finally, a direct quote:

“The plane was chalked on the ramp area while undergoing an engine run-up test. At some point, the plane jumped the chalks and ran into the hangar. There were three mechanics on the plane, but none was injured, the plane was not intended for flight,” FAA spokesman Ian Gregor said in a statement.

ktla.com...

The correct spelling is chocks.

edit on 6/13/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Guess LA Times has a time machine. They posted that from the future, 10:05pm. It's only 9:25pm in LA right now.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by EViLKoNCEPTz

By Robert J. Lopez

June 13, 2013, 7:05 p.m

www.latimes.com...

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join