It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The three unclean spirits

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by Akragon

Hey, if you and the OP want to go the way of the Israelites that didn't understand who Jesus was, so be it.

I understand who Jesus is. He is EhJeh delivers. Jeh-oshea. God manifest in the flesh, to reconcile His people to Himself.

You are the one who misunderstands who He is. Jesus is not Baal manifest in the flesh.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

You might want to learn what that verse means.

God sent out out a perverse spirit to the people of Egypt.

It does not say that God is that perverse spirit.

Bible study goes a long way.

Remember, God has control and power over everything in heaven and on earth.

edit on 15-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

The Bible versions that I use do not have "YHWH" in them.

I believe in most Bible translations, YHWH is referenced as LORD in all capital letters in the English translations.

"LORD" is translated from "Adonai", not "YHWH".

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Let's keep this a decent discussion.

Again, Pastor Reckart is not involved in this discussion. He is not the foundation of the Church, just one of the pastors.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by truejew

one were the writing of "YHWH" does not match the rest of the writing in the source.

What is your evidence of this? Do you have a scan that demonstrates it?

Because there is a logical flaw in your claim and a reasonable explanation for it, if it's true. The logical flaw is that the scrolls can't really be tampered with after the fact, because there wouldn't be physical space to put in an extra word.

The reasonable explanation is that YHWH is a different sort of word, being the name of God, so it seems reasonable that it WOULD be written differently -- either in a special script, or perhaps it had to be written down by a priest, while the rest of the text could be written by an ordinary scribe.

You can find the scan by doing an Internet search.

Okay, so your answer is "no" -- you have no evidence for your position, and we're just supposed to take the word of someone who has no evidence over actual evidence that is contrary to your non-evidence. Think I'll pass, thank you very much.

And, since you've ignored a direct request three times, I can come to the conclusion that you have no evidence for the claims made in your opening post, either. Next time you think you have an "insight", do try and think through what a critically thinking person is going to find wrong with it.

Sounds like something that the Pharisees would say to the prophets and Jesus.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Okay, so your answer is "no" -- you have no evidence for your position, and we're just supposed to take the word of someone who has no evidence over actual evidence that is contrary to your non-evidence. Think I'll pass, thank you very much.

And, since you've ignored a direct request three times, I can come to the conclusion that you have no evidence for the claims made in your opening post, either. Next time you think you have an "insight", do try and think through what a critically thinking person is going to find wrong with it.

No, it sounds like something any rational person would say to someone who makes things up, pretends that he has proof when he does not, and expects people to agree with him for no reason whatsoever. As usual, your own words in this thread are sufficient evidence of the ridiculous nature of your claims. Only the brainwashed or terminally clueless accept outlandish claims backed by absolutely no evidence.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

You might want to learn what that verse means.

God sent out out a perverse spirit to the people of Egypt.

It does not say that God is that perverse spirit.

Bible study goes a long way.

Remember, God has control and power over everything in heaven and on earth.

I did not say that the verse says that. Stop twisting what I say.

I said the name "Yahweh" is made from the name of the Egyptian moon god "yah" and the Hebrew word "ahveh" which means "perverse".

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

No, it sounds like something any rational person would say to someone who makes things up, pretends that he has proof when he does not, and expects people to agree with him for no reason whatsoever. As usual, your own words in this thread are sufficient evidence of the ridiculous nature of your claims. Only the brainwashed or terminally clueless accept outlandish claims backed by absolutely no evidence.

I said where to find the evidence of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

The evidence of the three groups being the three unclean spirits is seen throughout history and in current events.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Show me a link to your source, since your batting average on statistics and sources appears to be dropping with every post.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by truejew

I said the name "Yahweh" is made from the name of the Egyptian moon god "yah" and the Hebrew word "ahveh" which means "perverse".

When I asked you for a source showing that the name Yahweh meant some kind of moon god, all you linked was the meaning of the word ah'veh. I'm not twisting your words, you are!!

I'm still waiting for your source since you failed to provide the correct one.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

John 14:13
And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

. . . how many verses in the Bible do you need to understand that Jesus is God . . .

The Son is in the Father, you can't separate them.
Obviously they are related to each other but that doesn't make them the same person.
In this verse, the word translated as "in" is the Greek word, ἐν, transliterated as, en.
To quote the NAS Exhaustive Concordance,

Word Origin: a prim. preposition denoting position and by impl. instrumentality
biblesuite.com...
so the verse is saying that God will be glorified through the instrumentality of Jesus, not that one person is "inside" literally another person of the godhead.
edit on 15-6-2013 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I said where to find the evidence of the Dead Sea Scrolls.

No, you didn't. You said to "go find it on the Internet". That is not evidence.

The evidence of the three groups being the three unclean spirits is seen throughout history and in current events.

That isn't evidence, that's just a random statement.

The text says that the spirits will be created and introduced to the world in the future (if you believe it is prophecy,) so you are rejecting the Bible and relying on your own opinion instead.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

reply to post by truejew

When I asked you for a source showing that the name Yahweh meant some kind of moon god, all you linked was the meaning of the word ah'veh. I'm not twisting your words, you are!!

Welcome to the twisted world of "truejew".

You will never receive your requested source because it doesn't exist.

"Yahweh" means "moon god" because "Yah" means something in some other language. He cites Strong's, but only in an invalid context, because of the syllable "Yah", and the Strong's number on Yahweh or Jehovah (H3068) is ignored because it doesn't mesh with what his cult leader teaches. Thus, the exact same source, Strong's, is shown to be valid in one instance ("Yah") and completely invalid in another ("Jehovah").

He does the same thing with the Bible -- it's valid when he agrees with it, it's "perverted" when he doesn't. Good luck arguing with that logic -- I've been trying to knock some sense into him for months, you can see how much good that's done, lol.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The Joker - Jack Napier

The Riddler - Edward Nygma

The Penguin - Oswald Chesterfield Cobblepot

I can take a guess who one of them is.

Edward Nygma - Enygma

Looks like a monks cloak.

Curious the Pope got weak and resigned at the same time the meteor hit.

They've had 1,000 of years to follow the Biblical command to marry, be fruiftul and multiply and stop putting children at risk of sexual abuse by suppressing desires which are not forbidden.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Miracula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

Show me a link to your source, since your batting average on statistics and sources appears to be dropping with every post.

Any credible Bible scholar will tell you that LORD is translated from Adonai. All the credible Hebrew Scripture sources that we have says Adonai or EhJeh, not YHWH.

The "Jews" try to say that they replaced YHWH with Adonai, but there is no credible evidence of that change, only their word. I do not trust the word of those who crucified Christ when they have no evidence. Especially when the name of YHWH is connected to demons in witchcraft.

edit on 16-6-2013 by truejew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:51 AM
link   

reply to post by truejew

I gave you the evidence for the second half of Yahweh, the part that means perverse.

If you want evidence of Yah being a moon god...

Iah

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

It is well known that Jehovah only dates back to 1270AD. Strong's is wrong on the name Jehovah, especially since it is shown that Jehovah means God of ruin and destruction in Hebrew.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Learn what the Tetragrammaton is...

The term tetragrammaton (from Greek τετραγράμματον, meaning "four letters") refers to the Hebrew theonym (Hebrew: יהוה‎) transliterated to the Latin letters YHWH. It may be derived from the verb that means "to be", and is considered in Judaism to be a proper name of the God of Israel used in the Hebrew Bible.

While YHWH is the usual transliteration of the tetragrammaton in English academic studies, the alternatives YHVH, JHVH and JHWH are also used.

The most widely accepted pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton (YHWH) is Yahweh, though Jehovah is used in many Bibles, but in few modern ones. The Samaritans understood the pronunciation for the Tetragrammaton to be iabe. Some patristic sources give evidence to a Greek pronunciation iao.

As religiously observant Jews are forbidden to say or write the Tetragrammaton in full, when reading the Torah they use the term Adonai. Christians do not have any prohibitions on vocalizing the Tetragrammaton; in most Christian translations of the Bible, "LORD" is used in place of the Tetragrammaton after the Hebrew Adonai, and is written with small capitals (or in all caps) to distinguish it from other words translated "Lord".

en.wikipedia.org...

Now read that last paragraph again. The term "Adonai" is a reference for YHWH (Yahweh)!!!

edit on 16-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

Sorry, the Egyptian language isn't the same as the Hebrew language.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by truejew

It is well known that Jehovah only dates back to 1270AD. Strong's is wrong on the name Jehovah, especially since it is shown that Jehovah means God of ruin and destruction in Hebrew.

Well known by who? The author of some strange book you're reading?

Once again, you have no sources. Not that it matters because the ones you have supplied have all failed anyway.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join