It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Obama Authorizes Arming Syrian Rebels After Conclusive Chemical Weapon Evidence Found

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Source

WASHINGTON—President Barack Obama has authorized sending weapons to Syrian rebels for the first time, U.S. officials said Thursday, after the White House disclosed that the United States has conclusive evidence President Bashar Assad’s government used chemical weapons against opposition forces trying to overthrow him.

This is breaking now and I can't find much reported but if you look at this forum you'll see Assad is being blamed yet again for using chemcial weapons so the rebels, or as I call em, Al Qaeda, are now to be armed & supported by Americas finest. I wonder if our military will be upset about supporting Al Qaeda this time around?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Yes arming a potentially dangerous group has worked in the past...

Oh wait!

Give it 10 years and we will be back in Syria just like Iraq to topple the next government that decides to use force against its own people.

It's Iraq 2.0

history is repeating itself.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Personally I want to see a presentation of evidence at the UN with proof only this time without the mockups and cartoons that Powell used drumming up support for Iraq.

I don't believe our intelligence for a second.

But that is just me... the world is a circus and apparently the US is a Ringmaster.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
Personally I want to see a presentation of evidence at the UN with proof only this time without the mockups and cartoons that Powell used drumming up support for Iraq.

I don't believe our intelligence for a second.

But that is just me... the world is a circus and apparently the US is a Ringmaster.

The "proof" will probably be unable to be presented because of National Security

Oh boy what a world we live in these days.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Somebody give Obama another Nobel peace prize.
These are the same allegations of WMD that was used as a pretext for meddling in Iraq.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Proof? Wee don need no steeking proof! Looks like they will "keep congress informed."
Also they are considering bringing Syrian refugees to the US. Great huh?

Obama Admin Considers Resettling Thousands of Syrian Refugees in U.S.

I am really tired of the "Hope and Change" agenda.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
From what I understand, there is independently verified proof that chemical weapons WERE used in Syria (verified by french UN observers I think?). The problem is that there is no proof it was the Syrian army that used them. Yet we have video evidence of rebels gassing rabbits and telling the world that they would be used on people next. It's unfortunate that TPTB take our stupidity for granted. I suppose it's our own fault.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Anybody who believes the party line BS from the Obama admin is an idiot. This whole thing stinks of CIA and NSA. And whether or not somebody is killed by a bullet or by toxic gas makes not a bit of difference. The government is using CNN and the rest of the pandering media to propagate their obscene lies and start another disruption in the world. I don't even care what the motive is, be it oil or bananas. It doesn't matter. The US has absolutely no business sticking their nose in these situations, and moreover, I'm almost convinced it was a CIA caused situation in the first farking place.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
From what I understand, there is independently verified proof that chemical weapons WERE used in Syria (verified by french UN observers I think?). The problem is that there is no proof it was the Syrian army that used them. Yet we have video evidence of rebels gassing rabbits and telling the world that they would be used on people next. It's unfortunate that TPTB take our stupidity for granted. I suppose it's our own fault.

That's as I remember as well with a leaning to the "rebels" being the ones using the chemicals.

Don't think TPTB think all of us are stupid, just powerless to stop them. After all our Congress abdicated power to Bush after 9/11 and they never had the will to reclaim it. The Executive branch has wielded that power ruthlessly since and I doubt they're going to give it back.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

Last I read it wasn't Fench UN observers but French journalists.

Yeah, I really trust these so called journalists.

Meanwhile, even the UN acknowledges the "rebels" have and continue to use chemical weapons.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Because arming opposition definitely worked in Libya....Seriously this is a bad mistake by the administration, the people clearly and vehemently against any type of intervention. We are already seeing the proliferation of more sophisticated weapons in N. Africa, al Queada's new breeding ground, that are capable of taking out more modern weapons systems. TPTB are seriously mocking us with this bold move.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Of course he authorized sending weapons to the so called rebels...deep down we all new this was coming.The arms industry has to keep rotating their stock, bombs and bullets are no good just sitting on the shelf, War is a business people. All the bull about who started what and who's doing this and who's using that, its all just a well crafted script to keep all the drooling brain dead people who watch the CIA run mainstream media content in their little bubbles.None of these never ending CIA run proxy wars mean anything to anyone,except the fat cat CEO's of arms companies that make up the Military Industrial Complex, and all the crooked politicians in Washington, making billions off of death and destruction.
Meanwhile millions of innocent people are caught up in this big sharade and murdered every single day just so a few people can get filthy rich selling weapons for never ending phoney wars.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Additionally it sure is convenient to start a new war just as the NSA SHTF. This administration will do anything to take the focus off the scandals they've caused.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
No surprise there. History repeats itself afterall. And these are the same people who recently murdered an entire village (not even the women and children were spared), for simply being Christians. Possibly(probably) with the very same weapons our government provided them.

But then again, who am I to question President Obama? Afterall, he won a Nobel Peace Prize. And in his words: "If you can't trust the government, we're going to have problems."

In any case, is there any solid evidence of Assad actually using Chemical Weapons? Or could they have been used by the rebels and blamed on Assad's army? Afterall, I distinctly remember hearing reports of rebels gassing rabbits in the past.

My condolences to Wrabbit and Beezzer for their lost kin

edit on 13-6-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This is very troubling, indeed. I wish we would just stay out of the Syrian situation and let them sort it out for themselves. I frankly don't care about the FSA and SAA killing each other, Iranian agents in that mix, as well Hezbollah fighters - not to mention all of the militant Islamist jihadis who the FSA has thrown in their lot with.

From where I stand, when so many of your nation's so-called 'enemies' are going at it betwixt themselves, maybe that's one you should sit out and watch from the sidelines.

edit on 6/13/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   
On the day the U.N. release the death count at over 90,000 and thats seen as wildly conservative....This is an absolute disgrace and sham.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bassago
Additionally it sure is convenient to start a new war just as the NSA SHTF. This administration will do anything to take the focus off the scandals they've caused.

Classic wag the dog all over again.....

Des

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

You have no idea how true your statement is this no just Rebels this is the Muslim brotherhood that is trying to take over Syria and the news are calling them "Rebels" they are not even from Syria most of them, I guess is payback to Obama brothers in arms.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Wow, the Republicans finally got what they wanted: US weapons in the hands of Syrian terrorists.

John McCain will be delighted. All his schmoozing up to the terrorists has finally paid off.
edit on 13/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Greetings friend.

Other news sources are saying that Obama has not said yet if they are going to directly arm the rebels:

...Mr Rhodes did not say if the US was moving towards directly arming the rebels battling Mr Assad's regime, but said Mr Obama "will be consulting with Congress on these matters in the coming weeks"...

And also, if this is all made up, then Russia will play a role in it, it seems:

In a conference call with reporters, Mr Rhodes said Washington had shared its information with Russia about the use of chemical arms, but that Moscow had not yet agreed Mr Assad should step down.

www.abc.net.au...

edit on 13-6-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join