It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Department of Homeland Security - Post Sequestration 2013 Budget Plan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Ho Ho Ho and Merry Information Day! Interesting information seems to be the norm for coming out recently and let me add a little to the stack. Oh, nothing classified here and I don't handle such things anyway. No, but I do have a very strong interest in all things budget related. So.......

DHS Post-Sequester 2013 Budget - Department Line Items
(PDF File)

It's an overview as far as line item detail goes, but it's plenty to get a good feel for how almost 50 billion will be spent between now and the end of 2013. It makes for an interesting look over, anyway. They are busy spending, morning, noon and night after all!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
It just makes me sick, all of Obama's flaky sequestration BS, and NOW he is off to safari in Africa spending 60 - 100 million of our hard earned $$$$. Expect much more of this as his term comes to an end.

$60 - $100 Million
edit on 13-6-2013 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
That is not all remember the furlough to the government workers that started this month, is so nice to cut people's salaries because the government needs money but they go around on spending spree for vacations.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by whywhynot
It just makes me sick, all of Obama's flaky sequestration BS, and NOW he is off to safari in Africa spending 60 - 100 million of our hard earned $$$$. Expect much more of this as his term comes to an end.

$60 - $100 Million
edit on 13-6-2013 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

DHS appears to be the new cliche of "spending like drunken sailors." Apologies to any drunken sailors.

On an up note looks like the safari got cancelled because Obama needed a crack sniper team to accompany them in case of a lion or cheetah attack. No lie.

Obama Safari Canceled

Edit - Wrabbit did you notice what they budgeted for ammo?
edit on 13-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by Bassago because: head not on

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

Can you "drone" a lion? Got to love it!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It's not broken down in quite that way. Not to that fine a level. You have things like Procurement or Research and Development / Training for different departments within the DHS.

Secret Service, Coast Guard, TSA and others have their own tables and pages but the breakdown comes at the department and section level not the individual purchasing.

It would be a giant document to have all that and I'm just guessing but I'd say that fine level of detail is classified or at least restricted.
edit on 13-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
This just won't do they need that 3 billion, stupid sequester! How can our leaders be expected to destroy...um fix the American economy without that extra money to spend? (end sarcasm)

The flood hazard and risk assessment program, what is that?

It sounds like to me they're spending 90 million to make maps of flood zones. I could do that for them for a hell of lot less.

I think 10 million sounds fair...

top topics

join