Arnold Schwarzenegger confirms 'Terminator 5' role

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Now here is a sequel I can get into, depending on which direction they go with it.

Arnold Schwarzenegger will become The Terminator once more when Terminator 5 begins shooting in January. That's according to the actor and former governor himself, who spoke to fan site TheArnoldFans.com about his upcoming plans. "I'm very happy that the studios want me to be in Terminator 5 and to star as the Terminator," he said. Schwarzenegger's participation was already known, but exactly what role the 65-year-old would take on was less clear.
Source

I think it's safe to say he won't be the top billed action star doing all his own stunts or anything. Still, back in the world of acting and not politics? I rather like his style. This should be something to watch for. I've read books that follow two very different possible timelines that carry it past Judgement Day. Salvation took it part way but still hasn't really committed to the direction they go from there.

I'd be really curious to see them run off in the direction of meeting up with the future point where the machines and resistance fighters are sent back. Perhaps as the end, since Terminator 1 stated that came as the war had already been won and the Skynet was doing it from pure desperation and out of spite to a lost cause.

Anyway.... Filming starts in January, so I'm guessing plots and story line leaks ought to be out by Christmas.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Come on though..

My nostalgia is literally doing jazz hands right now.

Can't wait for that.

I heard Cameron is writing/directing as well?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think it's safe to say he won't be the top billed action star doing all his own stunts or anything.

He could play the part as the inventor of the Cyberdyne Systems Model 101.

"Yes, I know it was a bit egotistical to make it look like me, but I could never know that the Skynet computer would take control of it and turn it into something horrible..."

edit on 13-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, I guess they didn't actually run this in the movie so it doesn't quite count for story line to keep straight...

Still good for a laugh tho!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

This is great! Terminator is an awesome franchise and Arni is the cornerstone!

Even though it is a very popular movie, all these sequels might be overkill - I hope not... Terminator is on a completely different level than 'The Fast and the Furious', but TF&TF's recent installments have done well to maintain the intergrity and fanbase. It would be great to see T5 follow suit.

I think Arni and Stallone should go toe-to-toe, in homage of 'Predator v. Alien' and 'Freddy v. Jason', with 'Rocky v. Terminator'!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

That's old news. Arnold himself said "he'll be back" many times.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
There was a 4th Terminator movie?! I think I might have "time slipped" or something because I don't remember living in a reality where Terminator 4 came out

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Whoa! Hold a second. There is going to be a Terminator 5? Yes! Yes! Yes! Thank you God. I love the Terminator franchise so much that I have every movie, the shows, the animated show, the shorts, etc on my computer. Dear God I'm happy today!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

The only one we didn't care for, and many of the movie goers as well it seemed from their negative remarks, was the 3rd one. The story line wasn't all that great IMO or maybe it was because of the director. It just didn't grab us like the others did.

But we did like the latest one.....Terminator Salvation.

You still can't beat T1 & T2........excellent!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
There was a 4th Terminator movie?! I think I might have "time slipped" or something because I don't remember living in a reality where Terminator 4 came out

This.

I can't recall a 4 either.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

This one is set in the future where John is grown (played by Christian Bale) as he attempts to organize a human resistance force which could prove to be mankind's last true hope in the war against the machines.

Terminator Salvation (2009)

It was pretty good.....

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

OMG YES! Terminator 3 was okay, but it could have been way better. The T-X wasn't even a threat because Arnold could just stun her and then blow her away. Where our heroes would take off and run away. Come on now! Let's have some action! The 4th film was way better. Even the animated series which served as a prequel/hybrid of the story from the 4th film. Anything Terminator is awesome.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

I'm sticking with my "time slip." I don't remember it
...that must mean you're all wrong!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Here is the first episode of Terminator Salvation The Machinima Series.

terminator the sarah connor chronicles bloopers

Terminator Battle Across Time.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

Just wanted to say, your avi is funny....the expression that is.
Can't help but laugh when I see it!!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

No problem. It makes me happy. Some say you can see her eyes glow red indicating she's a Terminator.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   

I'm sticking with my "time slip." I don't remember it
...that must mean you're all wrong!

Just don't drink the tap water.....
The memory is the first to go, "they" say....

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I guess it's a good thing they didn't end Terminator 2 with the one they'd also filmed for it.

and for those who don't recall Salvation, here is the trailer to jog your memory. It was pretty far beyond the first 3 for layout, scenes and flow so it's not surprising it may not have registered if someone hadn't watched the movie itself.

(I found the long version for everyone to enjoy
)

Agreed on T-3 being the lesser of the series. It almost felt like a 'gotta make something to explain this time gap'.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Oh yeah I did see that one, it was like a reverse terminator.

You know, human heart and all that jazz.

When it comes to Terminator, I do enjoy some Ahhhnold.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
They'll probably CGI him in like they did in 4....

If you forgot.....

new topics
top topics

<<   2 >>

join