It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to back Syrian Rebels.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Sounds about right!

2nd

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I thought your boys are coming home ?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Our military needs to stand down - and put gas masks on obozo, valerie jarrit, eric holder, frankenstien, pelosi, mccain, and the rest of those idiots - duct tape them and drop them into syria to fight their dirty war all by themselves.

Leave us american people out of this bull#.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 0zzy

Originally posted by 0zzy
I'm surprised we are getting involved, considering that even Israel has publicly said they won't take sides. My guess is that the end goal here is to weaken the influence of Iran in the region by removing Assad.

What Israel says publicly, and orchestrates behind the scenes have long since been proven to be 2 different things.

Take a wild guess what Israel really wants.
edit on 14-6-2013 by Watchfull because: Quote added

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Unfoortunately there will be no standing down from the current trend to subjugate the entire Middle East. And the wars will not be televised...

Next chess pieces in place in Jordan (bordered with Syria)

Patriot missiles, F 16 fighter jets and troops to Jordan

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:14 AM
link   
So let me get this straight:

Rebels Massacre an Entire Christian Village in Syria
Rebels are using chemical weapons
Rebels kill a boy that dared to insult prophet Mohammed in front of his parents
Rebel eats a soldiers heart

And US to back rebels?

LOL???

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by BobM88

Brilliant! Okay, let's call it.

Fox, CNN, specials on Sarin gas in. . . oh say . . . a week?

You're not thinking big enough.

With everything going on, and more people than ever needing distracting, it has to be public, massive and shocking. Simple TV scares won't cut it anymore.

It'll need to be Assad himself, flying a chemical weapon laden aeroplane into the Hoover Dam and wiping it out to be a big enough distraction. Something on that scale.
edit on 14-6-2013 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

What I'm concerned about is how they will sell the idea.

Our government uses fear. We HAVE to do. . . because. . .

We HAVE to do this or THEY will get us!

They treat us like children and create boogiemen so they can "protect" us from them.

How will they instill fear into the US population in order to "sell" this new war?

The time for "selling" wars is over. The populace is powerless. They will march into Syria with or without the public consent.

The military, whose lives will be on the line, will have to be the ones who say enough, because the American people will not.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
From what I can gather even outside of ATS the majority of the UK (and US as well? I can't comment on that as I live in England) do NOT want to get involved in any more wars sending our soldiers out to die in the name of oil, greed and power. Many people talk with words about how much the system has wronged them but most of those are not prepared to take action and physically protest against it due to being subdued by the newest iPhone or whatever distraction is present at the time. Words without action means nothing.
edit on 14-6-2013 by Wulfric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

I'd have to say you're probably right.

News this morning stated that only 25% were in favour of a Syrian intervention, yet the president doesn't care.

Caveat; the president should not legislate or command based on opinion polls.

But he should be doing the right thing. Regardless.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
How does the US fight 'terrorists' when the FSA are made up of 'terrorists' ?

The Syrian rebels are primarily made up of radical Islamic jihadists Assad is secular.

But of course in the ME the new boss is the same as the old boss.

Most people are ignorant of the FSA origins. Theyre controlled and funded primarily by the sunni Muslim Brotherhood and it's loyal oil shiekhs that has wanted Assad dead for a while now.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Syria has dismissed as "a caravan of lies" claims it used chemical weapons after the US said it would give the rebels "direct military aid".

I know they would say this If they have or not...but that is their response.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

reply to post by supremecommander

I'd have to say you're probably right.

News this morning stated that only 25% were in favour of a Syrian intervention, yet the president doesn't care.

Caveat; the president should not legislate or command based on opinion polls.

But he should be doing the right thing. Regardless.

So he going to go with the double whammy....

Doing the wrong thing, AND against the wishes of the people.
What a smart decision.
He's awesome!
Where can I get one of those 'Hope and Change' T- shirts?

edit on 14-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
There's nothing about war that's sacred, or just, or honorable -- nothing!

American foreign policy is nothing more than self-serving corporations, stealing what's not theirs.

Jihad battle cry "Allahu Akbar" is nothing more than a blood thirsty kiss-ass expression.

Zionist Israeli agenda is nothing more than the self-centered plans of spoiled children.

Your judeo-christian-islamic "gods" don't exist, but your demons damn well do.

It's time to simply allow people, all people, to live and let live.

Peace on Earth

edit on 14-6-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
The ONLY policy that makes any sense in Syria is to just stay out of it.

We have NOTHING to gain by this. Plus, we should be sending Assad a card saying "Thanks for gassing my enemies" vs. providing aid to known terrorists. Just how exactly does this fit in our war on terror? No doubt Assad's a bloodthirsty dictator, but this only reinforces the fact that NEITHER side appeals to us, nor do we have anything to gain from being there.

Not to mention, we're totally peeing in Russia's corn flakes here too. Is there any other potential superpower we can tick off this year? I guess we'll see if our handling of NK can tick off China.....

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Greetings ATS

I dont think this is a very bright decision , this will only fuel the sectarian violence , this will most likely lead to a point where the " we are sorry we didnt know they where using these weapons against civilians" line will pop up.

How can you even think about arming people who commit war crimes on a massive scale , and what do they think will happen in the aftermath , they really think these weapons wont be redeployed by some terrorist faction operating from a Lawless country ?

This will make Somalia look like a nice day in the park , you have Truckloads of different religious/etnic groups wanting to have power over syria , and they will never be able to work together.

And even with Assad gone , i doubt Hezbollah will just stop , so the country will most likely be attacked by this terrorrist group even after the armed conflict.

And how about Iran and the Future Syrian government ( if there will be any the next 10 years ) No doubt Iran would not Agree with a western focused Government deployed in Syria , then the enemy would have landed in their backyard.

So they will even extend their support to Hezbollah , who then in turn maintain to destabilise Syria.

TheGreazel

edit on 15-6-2013 by TheGreazel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

I thought that was the overall plan? Foment insurrection, incite hatred among sects, fuel it with weapons, and pillage the resources.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join