It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to back Syrian Rebels.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm surprised we are getting involved, considering that even Israel has publicly said they won't take sides. My guess is that the end goal here is to weaken the influence of Iran in the region by removing Assad.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Tell that to the people of Syria and it's elected government whom is still in power I might add , or Afghanistan,Iraq ,Libya,Iran and they will tell you that you are flat out wrong.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Covertblack
reply to post by Telos

Now they will provide military support.

well the USA UNCLE SAMS "RAPE OUR DAUGHTERS CLUB"

Can join n in the RAPE CLUBS of SYRIA,

And MEASURE EACH OTHER UP...

Wonder which side will RAPE more? thing is,

Muslims rape Enemies, US MILITARY and their REP PIMPS both dems and Repubs RAPE THEIR VERY OWN

And AMERIKKKA CHEERS! USA USA USA

I say, to Hell with Women victims crying for JUSTICE, SISTER IT AIN'T NEVER GONNA HAPPEN

START CASTRATING NOW

They want us to FIGHT THEIR DIRTY WARS

FINE

FIGHT AS EUNUCHS! That's the DRAFT message EVERY DAUGHTER NEEDS TO HEAR!

And if it's being put into the Brig,

FINE

They'll be dick less, JUST like their enemy Scum.

www.politicususa.com...

I for one am Sick to Death of these Militarized Glorified Murderous SCUM...Politics and all, and Their CHEERLEADERS,

I say ENOUGH!

It's Beyond good evil, it's bottom line Humanity against those bastards who would destroy us all...I say TO HELL WITH THEM

Kokesh is right,

absolutely.

It's Too bad so many Americans Drink the Kool aid to their Voluntary Grave while these Power Whores laugh to the banks....
edit on 13-6-2013 by ThreeBears because: Addition

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
reply to post by neo96

Tell that to the people of Syria and it's elected government whom is still in power I might add , or Afghanistan,Iraq ,Libya,Iran and they will tell you that you are flat out wrong.

Hilarious not much 'regard for human life' before as to 'elected governments' even more hilarious.

Considering religious fundamentalists, aka as radical islamic extremists are all vying for control that is not going to be a beacon of 'freedom or democracy', that is going to be nothing but fascist religious theocracies.

edit on 13-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by all2human

I would say Russian back Assad and his usage of chemical weapons are the ones losing.

When your 'winning' you don't use wmd's.

Last I recall, it was the rebels that used the chemical weapons.

Syria militans use Chemical Weapons

Syrian Rebels are Responsible for using Chemical Weapons

CIA Says Syrian Rebels Used Chemical Weapons

Of course, since the White House decided to make up this little story, the MSM has been flooding the net with the story.. so all these 'older' reports are getting pushed further back in the search results.

Pray tell.. is the Obama administration going to offer up any proof of this? Or are we supposed to "take his word for it" just like the NSA stuff?

The so-called "rebels" are the same ones who a few years ago "hated us for our freedoms". Yet now we are going to arm and fund them?! These are the same "rebels" who have been kidnapping and executing Syrian civilians at alarming rates. These are the same "rebels" who posed with traitor McCain, and then were found out to be some of the actual kidnappers.

But hey... Obama wants his distraction. So why not copy his best buddy Netanyahu and start pulling out the "red line" crap.

I really am growing so tired of this Administration, Congress and Senate. It is painfully obvious that they do NOT represent the people of this country.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DerekJR321

Well, if people want to play woulda,coulda anyone can do that like:

Assad used chemical weapons to frame the FSA so he could get more cash from Russia, and Iran, and use world opinion to 'justify' his brutality.

There are many aspects to warfare world opinion,and politics is one.
edit on 13-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah, that crossed my mind also.

As Murtaugh always said in Lethal Weapon: "I'm too old for this..."

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

As hilarious as the American (who lived in Texus until early this year) who's been installed to lead the FSA and ultimately Syria, against the wishes of his own party
Representing the will of the Syrian people? ,i think NOT
www.nytimes.com...
www.islamicinvitationturkey.com...
edit on 13-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I hope everyone currently registered with the Individual Ready Reserves is making their arrangments for a possible call-up. If this thing goes sideways quick, I don't believe the U.S. has the troops currently available and prepared to move in the numbers needed without leaving other critical areas without cover or reserve of their own.

This has really made me think...this is something I should probably make my own thread on...but would I go? I'd love to just simply refuse to go, I've been over there 3 times already, I've had plenty of war to last me for this life and the next. But...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

reply to post by boymonkey74

My guess is nothing. Just like Afghanistan.

As putin had probably pulled W off to the side and,
"Go ahead.. knock yourself out." The USSR did.

This is just another long, nice and expensive proxy war
designed to get more expensive (profitable). The Obama
bunch are just kicking in a couple more chips, "Whatrya
gonna do about it?" while everybody at home goes hungry
out in the snow. Typical..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
So now they back them in 2-3 years they will complain about a new radical enemy, I really think this is the plan

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

It is a great speech indeed.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Given that we can't even really lie to ourselves and say this is justified for the loss of more lives? I'd sure hope people would consider standing down and in numbers to bring some safety to the whole for the action. I've never actually advocated U.S. Military to refuse lawul orders, much less deployment orders before.....but this ain't no game. Syria has Chemical Weapons (REAL ONES ...not this home made crap their talking about here) while Israel has nukes ......and rumors persist that they aren't the only regional power which does.

I've got a bad bad feeling about the survival of men who go to this one. We may not see them back again, even as bodies after falling in battle. Keep in mind, as I'm sure you know better than I from training? An irradiated or slimed body may or may not be deemed safe to bring back to the states.

Those who die there, if it all goes to hell, may not even rest in peace within their own soil again.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by derfreebie

reply to post by boymonkey74

My guess is nothing. Just like Afghanistan.

As putin had probably pulled W off to the side and,
"Go ahead.. knock yourself out." The USSR did.

This is just another long, nice and expensive proxy war
designed to get more expensive (profitable). The Obama
bunch are just kicking in a couple more chips, "Whatrya
gonna do about it?" while everybody at home goes hungry
out in the snow. Typical..

Perhaps that's what he was talking about in this unguarded moment near a hot microphone? I think many of us have wondered since, just what flexibility he meant to be transmitted to Putin for a message. War in Syria for reconstructing the region and profit for both Russia and the US? Who knows....but it does make me wonder.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I understand, believe me...it's *my* rear end!

But it's true, what you hear or read...its not about geo-politics, its about your guys. Never, ever, once did I hear anyone say "Man, I love being in Iraq, I'm glad we're here, this place is great!" We all wanted to be out of there and back home. But you have to be there, and you're there because your bro is, all of them, and you watch each others back...even if you don't really like the guy, he's your brother there. So it would be difficult to turn your back on him, (him in the royal sense), and just stay home, you know?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
What I'm concerned about is how they will sell the idea.

Our government uses fear. We HAVE to do. . . because. . .

We HAVE to do this or THEY will get us!

They treat us like children and create boogiemen so they can "protect" us from them.

How will they instill fear into the US population in order to "sell" this new war?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We'll probably hear about how easy it would be to use Sarin against us here in the "Homeland"...They'll have "news" specials about how deadly it is, how easy it would be to get here, how many people would be killed if it were to be used in Times Square...same we heard in 2002 about Saddam's mustard gas and VX and anthrax and smallpox, and whatever else we accused him of cooking up to unleash on us at the time.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Keep in mind, as I'm sure you know better than I from training? An irradiated or slimed body may or may not be deemed safe to bring back to the states.

I've always planned on being cremated and left in a mass grave anyways.

Sorry, sort of my brand of gallows humor.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BobM88

Brilliant! Okay, let's call it.

Fox, CNN, specials on Sarin gas in. . . oh say . . . a week?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join