It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to back Syrian Rebels.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by all2human

I would say Russian back Assad and his usage of chemical weapons are the ones losing.

When your 'winning' you don't use wmd's.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So guys obviously the UK will be dragged into a war If you guys go, so do you agree with it? Is this a just war? (If indeed we goto war).
Personally I think we are arming the wrong people here...the muslim brotherhood.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Think both Eastern and Western governments both should stay the hell out of Syria.

Fat chance of that happening.

link   
Turkish police 'arrest 12 terror suspects' in raids

Bit curious about why they're going after Assad for "possibly" using Sarin nerve gas when it's a documented fact that a Syrian rebel associated group has been arrested in possession of chemical weapons or at least the precursor chemicals. Is the US really talking about backing groups that use nerve gas ?
edit on 13-6-2013 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Covertblack

Correct.
He (and the status quo) needs to be stopped

Things will stay the same until we have had enough. Until we stop voting for individuals because they have a D or an R in front of their name nothing will change. We need to wake up and start voting for each other.

link   
reply to post by neo96

I agree with you, this is a civil war we have no right being involved.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

That is the problem. Sometimes the quick solution comes back to bite us.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I wonder if people realize that this rebel group has allied themselves with Al-Qaeda, or maybe nobody cares. Here's a question. What's to stop this group from funneling funds and arms received from the U.S. to other areas in order to fight the U.S.? And nobody is talking about this as a strong possibility?

A Syrian rebel group's pledge of allegiance to al-Qaeda's replacement for Osama bin Laden suggests that the terrorist group's influence is not waning and that it may take a greater role in the Western-backed fight to topple Syrian President Bashar Assad.
www.usatoday.com...A moron can look at this and see something is wrong.

link   
Wrong, just wrong.

Our troops are stressed due to fighting with one hand tied for over a decade, little to no support from DC, miscommunication from DC, erratic signals and over-all mission goals.

And we're getting involved in a civil war, siding with terrorists (oops, sorry, in Syria they are the good guys!) The Muslim Brotherhood, (who is doing a bang-up job in Egypt!) against another tyrant who is using chemical weapons.

And is this going to make us forget;
High unemployment
Lousy economy
IRS
Benghazi
NSA
Failed foreign policies
Failed domestic policies
Obamacare

What the hell, man! What the hell!

link   
reply to post by neo96

I could say the same of the Al-(fsa)Qaeda,i don't see chem weapons dropping down on Israel, we all know who the real regional threat and supporter of terrorism is

edit on 13-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by neo96

I agree with you, this is a civil war we have no right being involved.

They got involved in Libya, they got involved in Egypt, they are involved in Syria, before that they were involved in Iraq, and Afghanistan.

They are currently involved in Africa, they are involved in Asia.

Eastern,Western, other ME governments,and Asian governments so the 'we' loses much of that meaning.

Everyone should stay out at let them sort their own crap out.
edit on 13-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GD21D

That's the problem. We are aligning with individuals that hate the United States. Is this the less of two evils? When has Syria attacked us?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Nice trolling there as the topic is Syria where there has been chemical weapons usage.

Care to address that ?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Well get your marching boots ready people, we have to support our troops by saying "NO Not this time" let them sort it out themselves, why should our boys blood be spilt again on foreign soil when it is not our fight?.
Yes help both parties sit down at a table and talk but to back one side when that side is for everything we stand against.....
I will march for No war.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I thought the Syrian rebels ( and foreign mercenaries, probably) were getting enough support from the Sunni muslim states of Saudi and Quatar. At this rate they'll be turning up to battles in bentleys, smoking cigars and dining on the finest caviar.

What always fried my noodle was the way women are treated in Saudi and other middle eastern countries - how about a war to liberate them from oppressive regimes.
edit on 13-6-2013 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo

link   
I just hope no one says anything without thinking it through with these guys. They seem prone to....rash action.

When a 14-year-old boy from the Syrian city of Aleppo named Mohammad Qatta was asked to bring one of his customers some coffee, he reportedly refused, saying, “Even if [Prophet] Mohammed comes back to life, I won’t.”

The rebels waited for a crowd to gather; Qatta’s parents were among them. Speaking in classical Arabic, they announced that Qatta had committed blasphemy and that anyone else who dared insult the Prophet Mohammed would share his fate. Then, the shirt still wrapped around the boy’s head, the rebels shot him in the mouth and neck.
Sourc e

I'm sure they have their charming and warm side too....but then, I'll bet all the great tyrants of the past had a mother they kissed on the cheek at some point in their lives.

Wonderful people we've elected to support here. Oh yes... What could possibly go wrong?

link   
reply to post by neo96

www.telegraph.co.uk...

"Everyone should stay out at let them sort their own crap out" 100% agree with you Neo

edit on 13-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Didn't a rebel eat a dead guys heart a couple weeks ago. Yea let's back those guys........

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

And the point is ?

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Neither side is worthy of anyone's support.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

That's the truth right there. Neither side seems to have much regard for human life. Whoever wins it's bad news for the average citizen.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join