It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Optical Displays in the Skies Harbinger Of Changes Within the Earth?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Ok I'm seeing these rainbow cloud effects now, at 1 pm PST, looking south towards US. Border. I'm in Canada.
Its very pretty.

I've taken to photos with my iPhone.

Will upload later, but I can't promise they are as beautiful as west coasts pics. There's a contrail in my pics.
That has dissipated now but the rainbow prism of colours cloud effect is increasing in vibrancy, but going behind the trees moving west like the sun is, so it seems its an affect caused by the sun. There's a halo around the sun above it and this seems like a wider, outer ring around that , that's only showing a portion with this rainbow effect.

Anyways its not anything I've ever seen, wouldn't really have taken another look if not for this thread.

Will be back in a few hours to upload my pics.
edit on 15-6-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2013 by violet because: Changed east to west

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkmistandtreeswww.atoptics.co.uk...

These amazing natural phenomena are around us all of the time. The more we look, the more we notice--just like anything.

I'm going to have to disagree. I've been looking up with wonder and fascination my whole life, partly because I'm hoping to catch a glimpse of a UFO. Though I've never seen a UFO, lately I've been seeing a lot more moon circles and fireballs. I live in the deep south where sun dogs and halos have typically been quite rare, but I'm seeing them a lot more now.

So no, the amount of time I spend looking hasn't changed. What I'm seeing when I look has. The parhelic moon circle took the cake and even scared me a bit. I thought the Mayans were off by one day.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
photos taken today, June 15, 1 pm
looking south, Canada US Border

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Okay....does anyone here believe in fate???

I am telling you, it's been a weird day.

This morning, on my way back from an errand I was thinking about the halos. Although I thought it way too early to see a halo, I looked up anyways. Sure enough...there one was. It was only about 9:30 when I took my first pictures...and just to prove a point, I had a little fun:

I then had to go to a parade (I was taking pictures), and it ended up being the perfect spot to continue getting shots of this magnificent sun halo. It was all over the news as it was seen from North of me at the Canadian border, and way south (past Seattle)

(if you look closely, you can see I wrote todays date on the note)

It was really the brightest one I have taken a picture of:

After the parade, as I was driving home, I noticed that a fire rainbow was starting to form below the halo!!! I was pretty excited. Positioned myself near my home facing open fields. This was looking pretty much due South...

Couldn't forget my ATS friends!!! I believe these clouds are what are referred to often as earthquake clouds...they were so mesmerizing as they brightened and changed shape!!

Here is a close-up of the fire rainbow...keep in mind that I have changed the brightness and brightened the colors (obviously) in all these images, but extra on these next two:

So I had literally taken a few hundred pictures already, and honestly I didn't want to take anymore!! BUT...I had a feeling that this display wasn't over yet. It was about six now and the sun halo was still there as it began to set. I figured a tangent arc might develop so I headed back out and walked a bit down my street. What I saw form above me was simply bizarre. I honestly have never seen anything like this in person or on line. Best I can describe it is this: A SECOND sun halo formed around the first one, then BOTH sun halos got sun dogs, and finally....the top halo got a tangent arc!!! I was pretty much standing there in the field with my mouth open...mosquitoes eating me alive. (really)

An explanation of it all:

You can see the top, 2nd sun halo best in this picture

Another parting picture of the halo today:

So....here you go. Call it fate, a sign, just stupid plain luck. I don't know, but like I said...it was all over the news, so obviously isn't considered common.

Bizarre stuff

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
So gorgeous! The 'earthquake clouds' although beautiful, freak me out a little as those ones (despite editing) are BRIGHT and really really obvious! They almost look like an opening into something, the way they look kind of like stars - if that makes any sense? Lets hope your theory doesn't become proof with all that's only just happening!

- The parts I mean so I don't sound crazy. excuse the left handed circles

edit on 16/6/2013 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by bkaust

Ha! I agree.

The parts that you circled...I think they look like birds. In the other picture, it looked like a 3D square box. They didn't seem like clouds that were highlighted, but as if they had a life of their own. I was calling people and telling them to go outside as I was taking pictures!

Here is some video I got. I really wish the color was better. While it was a little bit hazy (which is why they were there), it wasn't that dim. They really were bright. So yes, I enhanced the pictures brightness and color, but I really just tried to bring it to its true image. I didn't add anything, only enhanced.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Great pictures again!

So we both saw the same display. I'm just a little north of you across the border.

My pictures don't do it justice. The colors look washed out in mine. I was tempted to enhance them well I had them in photoshop to resize. The green in it was a pretty mint green.

The halo was there all day yesterday. Should be again today as well since its looking to be a nice sunny day with the wispy clouds. As I said though its there almost every sunny day. I'm always looking at the sky during the day to see where the sun is. Its become normal for me to see it now. Except I've never noticed the halo having rainbow colours

How is it the area within the halo looks dark though? I didn't read your links explaining it. Yesterday it cracked open, with a break going from the centre out to the edge of the halo. I didn't get a pic of that. My phone was charging. I only have my phone camera to use.
edit on 16-6-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

another photo from yesterday I enhanced

edit on 16-6-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I agree, that there is most likely a correlation between the earth and what is occurring in the outer atmosphere.

That being said, what has happened to St. Elmos Fire and the "plasma ball" of fire, that often was seen centuries ago? Many of these, have been explained as electrical discharge in the air, on chips and airships. The plasma ball (forgot it's name), being the most notorious ...

What all these phenomenon have in common, is that Civilisation either took a leap, forward or backwards ...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Clearly, the sky is changing - the channel of mountains here in PA are moaning a bluish hue.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Gibraltarego

I was up early today and so far haven't seen the chemtrails or contrails, so will see if the rainbow lights happen again today. There's no halo yet. Hoping to get some more pics.

Anyways I hope this isn't a harbinger of a big quake or volcanic eruption on the west coast.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

I want to be very open about the halo pictures: ALL of them have been enhanced. The very nature of the sun halo makes it quite hard to photograph, and harder to photograph well. In the ones I just posted, all I did (besides cropping on a few), was to darken the image (scaled down the brightness) and then increased the color. I have a Nikon editor program, very basic. I didn't add any color or what I would call 'photo shop' any of it. The images are real, but because of the hazy skies very, very bright background it washes out the color in the image so they have to be darkened to bring them back out. I try to stop at the point that it is surpassing the original 'naked eye' image, except on the two that are obviously saturated past that point so that all the spectrums can be seen.

A couple of the images, I did have to open in paint to erase some dust spots. It was a horrible way to find out my lense was dirty! I am going to have to take it to a camera shop I guess. I tried to clean it myself but it made it much worse. other than that though, I didn't manipulate anything else.

Not sure what you mean about the dark center? The brightness of the sun in the very center tends to make the rest of the sky between it and the halo look dark when you adjust the brightness. Perhaps that is what you mean? This halo was definitely the most colorful, bold one I have ever seen. People normally don't even realize they are there because they tend to be so faint, but many people at the parade I was at yesterday were looking up. I did a little experiment and pointed it out to several people and explained what it was, to see and try and gauge how aware others were. Out of about 20 only three or four knew what it was and that they were occurring a lot more lately. (they ALL said that)...the others had no idea. I don't know if they were all from this area or not, though.

One look at King 5 (seattle) news, and you can get an idea how rare this type is though. It was all over the news. For it to be seen a span of a couple hundred miles tell you how big and bright it was.

Now...while the halos are becoming more common......the other phenomena I recorded are NOT. I have NEVER seen clouds before (in person) like the ones under the halo. I have NEVER seen a DOUBLE halo, with triple sun dogs AND a tangent arc. The only pictures of this I have found on the net look like they occur in very cold conditions (snow covered hills or the North pole). I would love to speak with a weather person about it.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

I didn't think you altered them much except to bring out the colour, to how you saw it.
Mine look washed out so I enhanced the one to bring out the colour as I really saw it. I don't have my digital camera to use, so just used iPhone.

I only saw the halo today, no rainbow clouds. The halo formed at 12:40 pm.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

With my DSLR I shoot exclusively in RAW - which, I'm assuming you know too, is just a collection of data and to make it look like what you see IRL you have to do some editing! You can't really add colours that aren't there if you're doing a basic edit of highlighting, sharpening, and you can see in your vid that the colours are vivid enough to pull the colours out in your pictures! But I'm a HUGE photo editing geek, so I prefer edited shots ;p It's like finishing a work of art halfway when it's not edited (unless you shoot in jpeg, which usually does a lot of the work for you in camera)

I just know when we eventually get to PNW I'll have to make the mr drive because I'll be too busy looking up!
- *conspiracy alert* Maybe thats why we aren't supposed to look at the sun, they don't want us to see these things, but now it's getting too often to hide it in certain areas ;p

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Those are the most beautiful, amazing pictures. You have been truly blessed to have witnessed mother nature doing her thing. Just breathtaking

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Hmm, could it be something todo with the Cascadia Fault?

The BBC did a documentary on about predicting Earthquakes I watched only a couple of days ago, that had something relevant to this, I doubt being so new I can post links, but it's on youtube... watch?v=FAOa9LXHLrE

Watch from 41 minutes in.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Saw this thread the other day and this popped up on one of my subreddits.

Weird. One of the guys in the thread mentioned that upon moving to WA he sees stuff like this all the time now. I think a lot of it may be you paying more attention and also the area. That being said, interesting theory and I'm really impressed with your photography. Come down to Bellevue and teach me how to use this new camera!

OP you might have a good time HERE

It's a sub for atmospheric phenomena. Lot's of cool pictures.

Not sure why the thumb isn't showing, but the link works. Space Needle with a halo.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

That's a cool picture of the space needle.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I know this is off topic, but I saw you said you use a Nikon editing software. What kind of camera do you use to take these pictures?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

It's a Nikon D7000

Love it!

Oh....and yet another sun halo yesterday.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join