It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Optical Displays in the Skies Harbinger Of Changes Within the Earth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Here is one of my moon halo pictures. This was taken 11/26/2012

I want to stress that I DO understand the physical mechanics of rainbows, sun halos, sun dogs and moon halos. I realize it has to do with water/ice particles in the air and the variable temperatures at the different atmospheric levels. If you read into what my theory involves, and the linked articles you will (I hope) understand how and why I think it POSSIBLE that these displays are being affected, or their occurances increased due to the possible atmospheric changes brought on by the electromagnetic process.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This was an AWESOME thread, the pics were incredible, Excellent work my friend

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Great images!
I hope some of the interesting and beautiful things you've seen are not harbingers of impending doom.
Thank you

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

Very nice images of naturally occurring weather phenomenon. Nice..

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Very interesting about radioactivity from radon gas possibly causing ionization about the air. I don't know anything about the ionosphere, just that Tesla was going to use it to make unlimited free energy for everyone.

The squeezing of rocks reminds me of piezoelectric materials. In piezoelectric materials, when you apply a force, you get a current (and vice versa). So, do rocks naturally act like piezoelectric materials? If so, would there be some way to harness this energy?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Your pictures are beautiful!

I see sun halos almost every sunny day. I thought that was normal. No?
I've seen some double or triple rainbows as well. I'm just not a picture taker.
Living on the Wet Coast with plenty of rain, rainbows are quite common.

I've pretty much seen the same as all of your pictures except the upside down rainbow or whatever its technical name.

Then again I live in the same region as you. You are south of me. I live near Vancouver.

Your theory is interesting, aren't this quake lights clouds prisms of colours? Although I hope we aren't due for a big quake or volcanic eruption.

We are getting lots of solar flares lately so the magnetosphere must be putting on a show. I would lean more towards it being the magnetosphere , but I'm not scientific minded so I don't really know. At any rate the coincides with earthquakes some think

edit on 14-6-2013 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

A friend of ours who a few years back, lived out in the country, had no city lights to spoil his view of the sky etc. saw a Moon Halo and has forever wondered how such may have happened.

At a guess we both assummed that a sky clear - practically - of clouds could still cause this if moisture was in the atmosphere. Since then a more regular sighting of Rainbows creates question 2. We - in our childhood years - were simply told how raindrops ie water, helped create a sort of prism that split the colours and gave us a rainbow. Trouble is, the furst thing seen in a perhaps Oily puddle, or off coast oil spill also displays a sign of rainbow colours. Is our atmosphere now more scathed with oil polluted moisture ??? or are we looking at things from a wrong angle?? Does seem to explain the present result of Chemtrails though... or does it ??

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You all sent me on a hunt for my own rainbow photo! Taken some time in 2011 at Miami Beach on Queenslands Gold coast. There was a rain storm behind and to the right of the photo, only just got into the car before getting soaked!

edit on 15/6/2013 by bkaust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Simply breathtaking photo's!!! Thank You for sharing them with us...I think its amazing the beauty that one can see by simply looking UP more...Its as if the sky knew it had an admirer and started showing off its beauty just for you!!! AWESOME!!!

Here is one of my rainbow pics...it was taken with my ancient cell phone camera...

edit on (6/15/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
very beautiful

;l

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
THIS I have seen before and wondered. In my case, the sun was still out and it was just like in your picture although the sky wasn't red, it was the normal blue but the light was coming from behind a mountain in shafts like that as well. I believe that I may have seen it another time as well, and it was certainly perplexing to me to think of what it could possibly be (especially in the case with the sun being in a different part of the sky so as to rule the obvious explanation out). I also see sun and moon halo's on the regular now, something I either didn't notice before or didn't happen as much. I never gave that one much thought, though I do enjoy the spectacle of them.

Interesting theory you have, one which I couldn't begin to either confirm or deny nor make much of a case for either way since my knowledge in such areas not to mention aptitude of understanding those kinds of subjects is not my strong suit though I do find it fascinating all the same.

btw, I tried to respond after the quote, but something is askew with the way the posting mechanism works on this site. Sometimes it shrinks my letters down as well. Annoying, but I digress. What I am referring to is the picture and quote below obviously.

I should mention also that my witnessing of this; 'shafts of light through clouds in the sky that wasn't the sun' phenomenon in British Columbia as well.

Then I started noticing other things in the sky. This picture was taken a couple of days of the 6.6 quake just off-shore Vancouver Island on 9/10/2011 (on my street)
(taken looking NW, towards Vancouver. I know many will say it was shadows from the sun on clouds....but I am certain it wasn't.)

edit on 15-6-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Really loving the pictures of those double double rainbows btw.

And that's it, only comment I wished to make; but here it is, the proverbial second line.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Runciter33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Somebody may have already replied with this website, but I really don't feel like dissecting this entire thread.

www.atoptics.co.uk...

These amazing natural phenomena are around us all of the time. The more we look, the more we notice--just like anything.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

Thanks again to all responding, and for sharing so many wonderful pictures! I love to see them.

I just want to respond in regards to this particular picture you were referring to. The sky was not that red, at least not so deep. I messed with the contrast to bring out the 'lines' more. It was certainly an orange/red hue, and the lines were a deep blue color. Such a weird thing..the sun was well below the horizon and while it may be hard to see in this image, the rays were going horizontal, or towards me, vs up into the air as you would expect if it were the shadow from the sun.

It took me some searching, but I found some similar pictures taken by others and it has to do with (again) the atmospheric conditions being just right to basically reflect the shadows onto just the right kind of cloud coverage.

Also, to the few comments suggesting these are all just the norm and I am simply more aware...you may be right. It could be similar in affect to when you buy a new car and then all of a sudden you notice that same car being driven all around you. However, some of these things are just so big and brilliant, I don't see how I could have been missing them before. Many of these sun halos are HUGE and glorious, the sun dogs stunning and the other things....well, just hard to miss. I am not the only see noticing them, either. Many people have been taking pictures around here and commenting, just not on the point of WHY are we seeing all of these so much recently? I dunno. We may never know!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   
As a weather watcher of 50 years I've never seen more than a handful of solar halos and maybe 10 double or triple rainbows. I have a theory that is partially what you've said and also due to increased solar radiation penetrating our atmosphere. It's fact that the Earth magnetic field is growing weaker which may be a precursor to an upcoming flip of our magnetic poles. Strange lights have been reported in sky before earthquakes for centuries. Are the 2 connected? I believe so.
The weather has grown odd over the last couple of years. Something is going on that wasn't for the preceeding 40 years I've been sky watching, that much I know.
Beautiful pictures you've captured. My favorite is the halo around the dandelion seed head. Gorgeous!

It was my honor to give you your 100th flag.

edit on 15-6-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Beautiful pictures and i think you're right about our atmosphere changing. On December 22, me and my friends witnessed a parhelic circle next to the moon. I scoured the internet the next day looking for examples to go with my thread about it, but I could only find about 3 pictures of the phenomenon in existence. About 50 miles from where we saw it, someone reported seeing the same thing except there were 3 small circles near the horizon as well.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

You must not have understood what I said; in morning and evening the solar radiation is greater (than it was in the past).

You really are pulling at gnats hairs. A rare phenomenon has become common DUE to chem spraying. Empirical evidence is quite easy to get, all you have to do is spend some time outside. Anyways, some more proof that these chem 'trails' and subsequent chem 'shield' alters the climate: during 9/11 when all flights were grounded temperatures spiked 5-15 degrees nationwide.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
So I watched OZ the Great and Powerful last night...

Of course it is covered in Rainbow sheen clouds.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Nature is beautiful and interesting! It, also, obeys the only universal law; all things are probable, impossible is a null concept in the Universe. Example; take an animal weighing about four tons. Freeze it so fast, that green grass is found in the teeth and its last meal is undigested. Now, call it a wooly mammoth. Flash frozen meat and, just recently, blood that hasn't congealed and deteriorated. The Indonesia Christmas earthquake changed the diameter of the Earth, it was measured. Oh, least we forget, a NEO, an asteroid, with its own satellite.
So, nature probably sends signals of events. After all, major earthquakes cause electromagnetic changes in the surrounding atmosphere. Dossiers are probably called by, the spirit of, the minute electrical field generated by flowing water. We must never forget, we are part of nature and must abide by its rules and structure.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hello neighbor,

I don't know if anyone else has noticed but there would appear to be a few other anomalies in a couple of those pics. Aliens?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join