It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rare Optical Displays in the Skies Harbinger Of Changes Within the Earth?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Chemtrails.
Seriously.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Very nice pictures
I have seen some beautiful rainbows but never have took a picture of one. I think the electromagnetic buildup in the rocks is a better theory than the radon. Crystals store energy and release it in some weird ways. Most Rocks are made of crystals but their bonds are often different.

I feel that there are a lot of things that are still unknown, I think they can get a good pre-quake predictor set up but the problem is that it won't always predict the size of the quake. ten harmless small quakes may have the same overall signature as one large one when predicting quakes. Can't have people panicking for nothing.

S&F for the pictures and theories.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Reminds me of something along the way of earthquake lights

Look into the research of Friedemann Freund.
Here's a link of his papers "Rocks that Crackle and Sparkle and Glow"
www.isfep.com...
excerpt from the paper's conclusion

For over a hundred years geoscientists have been trained to think of oxygen anions in natural materials as O2- and nothing but O2-. To introduce O- as a new variant, but at the same time point to the fact that O- is not an ion but an electronic state with unusual properties, most appropriately discussed within the framework of semiconductor physics, requires a level of rethinking for which most geoscientists are ill-prepared.

Lastly, once fully told and understood, the story of p-holes is basically so simple that many mainstream geoscientists are left to wonder why it has taken so long for them to be discovered. If they are so ubiquitous as they appear to be, why did p-holes go unnoticed for over a hundred years? Confronted with this question, by a twist of logic, many mainstreamers succumb to the impulse to reject the p-hole concept out of hand.

The difficulties encountered in the connection with p-holes are similar to others that have punctuated the history of science. The discovery of the p-holes as dormant, yet powerful charge carriers in the Earth s crust calls for a new paradigm in earthquake research and beyond. More often than not, any call for a new paradigm elicits opposition. Therefore, I close with a quote from the philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer who ventured to say: All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

I am also in the Puget sound area and have noticed a lot of the same phenomena you mention, and your theory resonates with me very much. That is a unique take on it all, and seems like one of the more plausible things I have read about our area to date. I believe everything you wrote about could indeed be the reality of it all, and thank you for putting it all together like you did. Very interesting...

EDIT: Amazing eye for photography you have. Beautiful pictures thank you for that.
edit on 14-6-2013 by Coopdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Awesome to see a few folks from the neighborhood here. Howdy all!

2nd

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
S & F OP.

Riveting photos!

I also noticed the sundog (?) or ufo in image 12! What in the world is that?

Absolutely stunning.

Cirque

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I call them 'chembows', because this rare phenomenon commonly occurs during periods of heavy 'spraying'.
People can say what they want but every morning when the sun comes up there is a grid of 'chem trails' that don't dissipate but spread out throughout the day creating a hazy sky and many times these 'sun dogs' and 'chembows'. It's pretty obvious when these 'high wispies' are only being laid down where the sun is coming up so that the angle shields a large metropolitan area from reaching high temps in the early morning. It is also heavily sprayed in the evening virtually everyday, but that's because in morning and evening the solar radiation is greater; but even so there are many many days where the spraying goes on all day. I heard a rumor that not only do these particles reduce solar radiation but they are used to induct cold fronts but heating these particulates so they rise up and suck in cold air (relatively speaking) into the area.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Absolutely amazing pictures. And I'm completely with you on this, I also noticed this and I saw this very day a sun halo or sun dog or whatever they are.

When I see them I also take pictures and I also see them on regular basis. also double rainbows are the ones I see more frequently .

The last one I never fully understood what to call it?

But it sure is very strange weather changes , and I don't really know what's causing this?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gibraltarego

I have seldom seen such a heaping pile of posting dung in the time I have been surfing the internet and reading these forums...
On the one hand we have this statement...

I call them 'chembows', because this rare phenomenon commonly occurs during periods of heavy 'spraying'.

and this one on the other...

People can say what they want but every morning when the sun comes up there is a grid of 'chem trails' that don't dissipate but spread out throughout the day creating a hazy sky and many times these 'sun dogs' and 'chembows'.

So, we are to believe it is a rare phenomenon, that occurs every day...
Oh, but wait...there is more shinola...

It's pretty obvious when these 'high wispies' are only being laid down where the sun is coming up so that the angle shields a large metropolitan area from reaching high temps in the early morning.

You have any data to back up this claim? You do know as the sun traverses the sky throughout the day, it is going to get warmer?

It is also heavily sprayed in the evening virtually everyday, but that's because in morning and evening the solar radiation is greater;

Solar radiation is received by the Earth at a virtual constant...Solar Radiation

I heard a rumor that not only do these particles reduce solar radiation but they are used to induct cold fronts but heating these particulates so they rise up and suck in cold air (relatively speaking) into the area.

Well, whoever told you that rumor did a great disservice to not only you, but the rest of humanity...not only are you incapable of discerning false information, it appears you are tremendously capable of spreading it...

Contrails, along with cirrus clouds, are harbingers of cold fronts...plain, pure, and simple...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
Hello westcoast,

I read your book and loved it. I had a hard time putting it down. You kept me courious. Bravo!
Great work!
With that said, maybe your next book should include the sights many are experiencing,
like in your pics.

Back on subject:
I am quite the sky watcher, both day and night and have seen more sun-dogs in the last year &1/2,
than I've seen in the 7 yrs before that.
I am surrounded by forest so rainbow is scarce.My distance view is mostly up.
I've seen quit a few moon-bows too, now tha I think about it.
I have had friends and family comment about rainbows,sun-dogs and moon -bows
more than I can ever remember.

I do tend to think it has to do with the methane overload in the air. With credit given to the rapid
melt of the Arctic ice releasing more methane than ever recorded.
edit on 14-6-2013 by azureskys because: corrections

edit on 14-6-2013 by azureskys because: corrections

edit on 14-6-2013 by azureskys because: (no reason given)

Wow....spend the afternoon cleaning, and look what happens?! I can't believe all the responses. Just like old times.

Thank you so much for the feedback on my book!!! It really means a lot. Aside from photos, writing is my other passion. I hope to someday incorporate them both into something.
The sequel will be done before the end of summer!!

Okay...back on topic!

You know, you are correct about the moonbows. I had seen them in the past, but this last year they were very frequent. To the point that people who don't even pay attention were noticing. I have a picture of one on here somewhere....at least I thought I did. Not seeing it in my uploaded images. When I have more time later I'll add it.

You could very well be right about the methane as a part or all of the reason. I, of course am geology minded so always think of that first.
I was just so fascinated by the reports on the radon release/ or electric discharge and how it interacts with the atmosphere that it.....seems part of the bigger picture to me.

Okay, gotta read through the rest of the responses!!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ismail
Off subject, but have you identified the object in pic number twelve ?

Wondered if anyone would recognize that one.

I think the general conclusion was that it had to have been a drop of water on the lense, and because of the depth of field, focus it caused it to look like it did.

What do I think? I am still open, but agree that it is most likely the most obvious drop of water.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

All's I know is that I would love to move to your backyard.
Beautiful pictures, thanks for sharing.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Personally, I have started noticing the rainbow colors on the edges of clouds, I'll try to get some pics. We do get a lot of chem-trails over us (central Wisconsin) so I figured that was the cause of that.

But it would make sense that if there is movement underneath (below the earth) the gases released could either be an effect of that as well as a warning/ indicator of pressure needing to be released.

Cause and Effect are never separate.

edit on 14-6-2013 by MindpurelyMind because: spelling

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It can be explained in one word "HAARP".

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TWILITE22

Originally posted by Char-Lee

The huge double rainbow we have seen twice and one thing you didn't mention, we saw huge lightning strikes on the hills with no thunder. We actually jumped in the truck and tried to get closer it was so very strange. The strikes were thick and wide but no sound at all.

I've been seeing the bright flashes of light on the east coast. A few weeks ago it was a clear starry night
and saw the flashes right above me at first I thought it was heat lightning, I'm not so sure that explains it there was no sound at all and estimate 20 to 30 seconds in between flashing. I checked the weather and no storms systems in our area, so if someone has an explanation I would love to hear it.

I forgot to mention we had no clouds also. Definitely not heat lighting here...never heard of that before, we rarely get over mid 70's. I reminded us of the terminator when he appears!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

Beautiful pictures my friend.

Where I live I don't get to see things like sun dogs, noctiluscent clouds and aurora.

You should be thankful to see such sights, not fearful.

Thank you!

I am very thankful for each and every display I have seen. I find them beautiful and fascinating at the same time. While I am curious, I am not fearful....just inquisitive.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

We are on the North end of the Oregon border area. We have been seeing every single thing in your pictures, like you I have not seen any of these things but a few times in my life, but now we consider some of them "common" especially the circle around the sun.

The huge double rainbow we have seen twice and one thing you didn't mention, we saw huge lightning strikes on the hills with no thunder. We actually jumped in the truck and tried to get closer it was so very strange. The strikes were thick and wide but no sound at all.

I seem to have all the same interests as you, unfortunately I broke my good camera and have only a small one and have not been taking any pictures they always are so bad.

It is so fascinating to find others that have noticed the same thing. I really don't think these things were this common before...I mean, I grew up in Eastern Washington. Can't remember EVER seeing sun halo, other than in a picture and I have always been a sky watcher. I have lived in Western Washington for over 20 yrs now and the first time I remember seeing one was a few years ago. Then, all of a sudden they are a common occurance.

I am not saying that my theory is the right one, but that our observations are accurate and I think warrant a discussion as to WHY.

I haven't seen the dry/soundless lightening you described. Maybe that is next? Of course, the experts say that when the subduction zone goes, it is most likely to start in the south (of the Oregon coast) and work its way north.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven

Looks like you may have also caught a UFO in this photo (did anyone else notice?):

And this one is set as my new desktop picture
Great photo!

Don't know If you guys will notice my earlier post, but I actually had this picture up for discussion on a thread when I originally took it and noticed that "orb".

Generally conclusion was that it had to be a drop or water or something on the inner lense (I had a filter on) and due to the depth perception and focus it turned out that way.

I'll admit that most of the time the most obvious answer is also the correct one.
(or is it?
)

Oh...and glad you liked the pics! Cool to think someone has my picture as a desktop picture!!

edit on 14-6-2013 by westcoast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
A thought occurred to me ,OP, maybe the solar maximum is doing part of the alterations to our sky?
perhaps there is some subtle influence there which is prompting the changes?
I am at loss to explain this flash however....but the changes are definately real....
Maye we could look back at the intervals of maximums and examine older photos/stats of those years?
just a thought, ill never follow up on however.....................

That is a good possibility. This would also help explain why we are seeing more auroras here too.

Looking back at intervals and for correlating, visual data would be a big job and quite interesting. At least you are honest in admitting you are not the one for the job!!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

Thank you for sharing your pictures!!!

And to everyone else who has shared, thank you to you too. It's this kind of collaboration that I really enjoy here on ATS. If nothing else, we now have a record of our observations.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join