It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Live Feed on Turkish Protest on Taksim Square. Erdogan promises 24 hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Turkish protesters gather on Taksim Square despite PM Erdogan’s promise to end demonstrations “in 24 hours” and clear the Square of “troublemakers”.

rt.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Im not sure if things are heating up or not. But it seems that police/riot staff are gathering to the left corner! Call me paranoid!

edit on 13-6-2013 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

I was thinking exactly the same thing! If they try to break it up now then wow, this is probably the most peaceful protest I can think of at this moment in time. If Erdogan's bite is as bad or worse than his bark then you can bet that the protests will intensify ten fold at least..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
There wasnt that many polices like 10 minutes ago (If they even are police but seems so?). They have doubled of tripled!
edit on 13-6-2013 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by RhinestoneCowboy

I'm not too sure either myself but they seem to all be in black and near the police vehicle so I assume they are police! The question is why would they need so many just to be on standby for something as peaceful as this? Here's to hoping the protesters don't get intimidated

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
When stuff like this happens ( protests ) nations tend to use private security firms... Cyprus did so Greece did so to.

It has something to do with law, a company like say G4S is backed by the european council, and hasn't got to follow the policy/ rules of said country.

I'v been watching this for the past few days, its an amazing protest really, dancing singing, piano, artists playing.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
doesn't seem like a bad place to be at the moment. There are some police coaches that just pulled up but I cant see if there was anyone actually on them.

Do you think they would start anything now? It is coming up for 3am there..

It can only turn bad if the police makes it bad.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
They cut the feed just as a crowd of police started to form.
Anyone know of any other feeds? I know most of the cams have been turned off though..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Elpasdo

reuters.livestation.com...

this is the one I`ve been watching

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

Thank you. I really shouldn't be staying up to watch this, but also don't want to miss anything.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
SOMETHING CRAZY IS HAPPENING NOW!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
RIOTS POLICE FIRED SHOTS!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
SHOTS FIRED POLICE RUNNING!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Are there any more current live cams for taksim square? rt isnt working for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
All I see are folks mealing about and I hear organ music but I see no monkey.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What has happened over there? No people at all, no music?? Has Police forces stiked??? What is this?!? Lots of sirens and trucks. Something is definetely happened?!?
edit on 15-6-2013 by RhinestoneCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
FOCKING BASTARD I SWEAR TO FOCKING FOGGOTS

Ankara, Turkey (CNN) -- Turkish riot police used water cannons and tear gas Saturday to clear protesters camped out in an Istanbul park that has become ground zero in anti-government demonstrations targeting the policies of Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan.

CNN.com

new topics

top topics

join