It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edward Snowden Tells South China Morning Post: U.S. Has Been Hacking Hong Kong And China Since 2009

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Huffington post, Snowden says NSA hacked Chinese mainland,

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Is this story the NSA racking up a gear on Snowden? I'm inclined to think so. I see no sense in why Snowden would say this at this juncture. On the other hand The Huff is part of AOL, or affiliated. Ah well, it's near time for me to bye bye AOL anyway.

This is the link to the South China Post story, www.scmp.com...

I'm having difficulty in finding a reference to mainland hacking so far.
edit on 13-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wasn't AOL founded by Rupert Murdoch?

When ever AOL loads, inside the little animated logo it appears that the earth is being swallowed by the pyramid.

Didn't know that about Huffpost though...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Whether Snowden told South China that is anyone's guess, but I imagine it's probably true regardless. I'm pretty sure all of the big players have been hacking each other ever since we entered this age of technology. If they didn't they would be idiots not to take advantage of the gains available to them by doing so.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
Wasn't AOL founded by Rupert Murdoch?

When ever AOL loads, inside the little animated logo it appears that the earth is being swallowed by the pyramid.

Didn't know that about Huffpost though...

I did say affiliated because that is what I thought, in fact AOL owns The Huff. What is bothering me now is exactly who owns what. The NSA? is money no object in intelligence? have a look around, the palace of MI5/6 wtf, in London, the Pentagon, all this crap costing trillions, just like Saddam's palaces. Go out a little not even into the sticks and you'll find crumbly schools, wobbly road structures, and OMG, poor people, just like in Washington.
That's just in your own country, never mind all the stuff going on elsewhere. It's all crazy.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   
You are late 24 hours
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by smurfy

Whether Snowden told South China that is anyone's guess, but I imagine it's probably true regardless. I'm pretty sure all of the big players have been hacking each other ever since we entered this age of technology. If they didn't they would be idiots not to take advantage of the gains available to them by doing so.

That's the point, the hacking is just modern terminology, the same idea has been pursued for god knows how long, with only the technology changing. 32 years ago the BBC was profiling employees/new employees for everything you could imagine courtesy of MI5, because it was forced on the BBC by our government of the day. Before that it may have been even easier, for no particular reason. Snowden, has come out straighforward, no fecking about and said what is happening, something we all really knew about as regards the internet, or rather internet technology as it is now, an open source, anywhere from the ground up.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
You are late 24 hours
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Must be the time zones then, another miracle, since the story I was using from the South China post was dated 14/06/13 in the AM, that's actually today here. Anyway I'm on a different tack, but thanks anyway.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Which explains why he's in china.

He figures they will probably offer him some sort of asylum if they have beef with the US over this.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by smurfy

Which explains why he's in china.

He figures they will probably offer him some sort of asylum if they have beef with the US over this.

~Tenth

He's in Hong Kong IMO, leave the man alone, remember he is CIA, NSA, never mind an intelligence 'contractor' ? he's walked the walk and it is all bull, and he at least knows it.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The South China url has changed to here,

www.scmp.com...

I would appreciate if anyone can see a reference in the China Post links to hacking in China/AKA China mainland, otherwise the Huff Post story is incorrect.

Update, I now see that page has been updated to order.
edit on 14-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

new topics

top topics

join