Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Breaking: US officials: US concludes Assad used chemical weapons against Syrian opposition

page: 1

join

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Source

WASHINGTON — US officials: US concludes Assad used chemical weapons against Syrian opposition.

Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Breaking news! It's official the US has accused Assad of using chemical weapons so now we can expect NATO & no fly zones. It's okay for the rebels to use chemical weapons but not Assad...

I personally don't believe he used said weapons but what do I know...
edit on 13-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SwillsIt's okay for the rebels to use chemical weapons but not Assad...

I don't think that's what anyone is saying.

UN action will most likely prevent BOTH sides from using them.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Good luck! The Russian warships are all over the Syrian coastline. No fly zones have no chance in hell.
edit on 13-6-2013 by solarstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Would these be the same ( or similar) tards that thought there were WMDs in Iraq, BinLaden was in afghanistan and that Israel was a good place to send all the USDs?

starandflag Swills

what an effed up world we live in

say is GE and Tepco's fucushima the same as using chemical weapons on your own people?
edit on 13-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yes!!!!!! Now we have our reason to get involved in another war #EndSarcasm

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Hmmmmm, very interesting.

Bill Clinton calls out Obama for not wanting to get more involved with the situation in Syria.

It hasn't even been a day and Obama has now found a reason to get involved.

Oh brother, I hope we don't go to war because of a d!&k measuring contest.

Mind you that:

"There is no reliable evidence that Western-backed rebels in Syria have used chemical agents"

but

"Following a deliberative review, our intelligence community assesses that the Assad regime has used chemical weapons, including the nerve agent sarin, on a small scale against the opposition multiple times in the last year"

and

"Our intelligence community has high confidence in that assessment given multiple, independent streams of information."

No proof, just a lot of people saying a lot of things.

PS: OP link is broken
edit on 6/13/2013 by scojak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by scojak
PS: OP link is broken

This should work:
wapo.st...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

I know that's not what the UN is saying, that's what I'm saying. Time & time again the rebels have been accused (only after Assad was accused first) & found guilty of using chemical weapons yet the west continues to support them with monies and god knows what else. The very same rebels are also known terrorists. So it's okay if they use these weapons, the money will still flow (& weapons) but as soon as the US states Assad uses the weapons it's game over, here comes NATO, just like Libya. Assad, in my opinion, wouldn't use chemical weapons because he knows once he does the west will invade. Hell, Assad has been winning the war against these rebel/terrorists so why jeopardize that now with chemical weapons?

Or maybe the rebels/terrorists/west are framing Assad so the NATO invasion/bombing campaign can begin?

edit on 13-6-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Of course, right on cue...The Government needs a war to distract the people from their crimes. !!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by RocksFromSpace
Of course, right on cue...The Government needs a war to distract the people from their crimes. !!!!
my feelings exactly. Wont be long before the battle of meguido. Rise up americans and stop causing wars.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I don't believe Assad used chems either. Why? Because of G.W. Bush, we didn't find any WoMD in Iraq and the SCUD's Saddam did have were totally empty of chems. Wouldn't be the first time someone in the W.H. told lies to support his own private agenda, except this time that someone in the W.H. is embroiled in 5 scandals and he's desperately trying to get out of the spotlight and this rumor about Assad using chems is the perfect thing to get that spotlight off of him.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

say is GE and Tepco's fucushima the same as using chemical weapons on your own people?

They purposely built a nuclear reactor on a fault line in the Ring of Fire. You tell me? I thought the japanese were supposed to be some of the smartest people in the world. I guess stupidity should be classified as a WoMD.
edit on 16-6-2013 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join