It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: U.S. Military Plan Sees No-Fly Zone in Syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Just seen this on twitter:-

WASHINGTON—A U.S. military proposal for arming Syrian rebels also calls for a limited no-fly zone inside Syria that would be enforced from Jordanian territory to protect Syrian refugees and rebels who would train there, according to U.S. officials.

Asked by the White House to develop options for Syria, military planners have said that creating an area to train and equip rebel forces would require keeping Syrian aircraft well away from the Jordanian border.

To do that, the military envisages creating a no-fly zone stretching up to 25 miles into Syria which would be enforced using aircraft flown from Jordanian bases and flying inside the kingdom, according to U.S. officials.

The White House is currently considering proposals to arm the rebels in Jordan, according to U.S. officials. White House National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden declined to comment on the details of those deliberations.

online.wsj.com...

This could be interesting. I no fly zone withing 25 miles of the Syrian boarder sounds to me like a way of getting syria to fire on US interests in the region so then there could be a esculation of US involvement.
edit on 13-6-2013 by jroduk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing. Looks like it's almost "game time" in Syria.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jroduk

ughhhh.
why are we training rebels?
most of them are eating their enemies and a few are radical islamists.
Are we trying to destabilize that area of the world on purpose
?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
For every dollar spent training rebel alCIAduh and destablizing other countries ten thousand USDs stick to fingers along the way...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Iran put their fingers in it. (a truth that many people here fail to recognize )

No surprise that the west would do likewise.
We shall see what we shall see...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
so now we see Jon McCain on CNN harking about how we are going to arm the 'rebels' with anti tank weapons (as if we haven't already) and how the RED LINE has been crossed, with no proof we're being shown of course, but whatever lets get involved in another armed conflict! hooray!. This all happens the morning after the CIA stepdown, the NSA leaks...Russia has repeatedly said they have Syrias back...

Things are getting creepy. I'm just getting that sickening feeling, the wheel's are beginning to turn faster and faster

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Iran put their fingers in it. (a truth that many people here fail to recognize )

the west is funding al cia duh
no suprise Iran (probably as accurate an obsevation as the statement that there were wmds in Iraq
) put their fingers in it

funding alciaduh
get it?

eta
Harper, come on now fess up
is that ewe?

edit on 13-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReverendGreen
so now we see Jon McCain on CNN harking about how we are going to arm the 'rebels' with anti tank weapons (as if we haven't already) and how the RED LINE has been crossed, with no proof we're being shown of course, but whatever lets get involved in another armed conflict! hooray!. This all happens the morning after the CIA stepdown, the NSA leaks...Russia has repeatedly said they have Syrias back...

Things are getting creepy. I'm just getting that sickening feeling, the wheel's are beginning to turn faster and faster

well john mccain sang like a bird in viet nam and is considered a traitor by his peers
so that tells you what kind of support the rebels have

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Well I have a front row seat to the action. Gonna be fun...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

We don't fail to recognize it, we are glad they have. Can't wait for Russia to step in and put you down once and for all. You and yours started it, but someone else is sure as hell going to finnish it. No disrespect to American civilians. But the mechanism at the top needs to go. Canuck? O.K your a Canadian.However your defending the non-defendable.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Neither of us are on the ground.
So spare me the "matter of fact" attitude on this.
The rebels have some terrorist elements. A number I heard was 10% That sucks.
Assad is a dictator who has used chems on his own people. That's bad.
Two sides, two attitudes, to think that the side you choose is "righteous" is fine but don't try to stuff it in my face and claim that Assad is Santa freaking Clause.
He's had enough time to "work it out"
He failed.
And Russia intervening?? Don't count on it.
edit on 14-6-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jroduk

If the United States and Britain actively setup a no fly zone over the Jordanian border, train Syrian rebels, arm them then point them in the direction of Damascus does this not justify a Syrian response against US and UK targets?

scary.. I really hope the USA is aware of the depth its getting itself into here. This isnt Iraq or Afghanistan, this is the entire middle eastern structure.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Allah Akbar, we hate the evil west and former colonial powers and want to see their down fall, but in the meantime can you provide us with weapons and a no fly zone to help us in our independent Islamic revolution?

edit on 14-6-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Of course Iran put their fingers in Syria. Because when (not if) Syria falls, next is Iran. It will happen sooner or later. Iran is just buying time.
NWO is on the way. And people of the world are too dumb to do anything about it.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Pitons

Maybe Syria was designed to suck Iran in?
Why would we fight Iran on its home turf when they have so many years to set defenses?
Israel borders Syria so there's an entrance.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
What we have here is possibly a confrontation between Russia and the West..... a previous thread debated this if i remember....

Russia is supplying Assad with stuff, UK and France have wanted to supply the rebels with weapons for a while and the POTUS has just agreed this yet the rest of europe is hesitant to do so because the rebels are made up of a mixed bag of islamists, fanaticals and freedom fighters.

A no fly zone means that the west will try to disable runways etc however the newly delivered Russian SAM's will be pitched against that....

then there is Iran.....FFS its a complete mess and shamble......what to do what to do ??

PDUK

new topics

top topics

join