It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird TV shows from the past

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

H.R. "Puff" n Stuff..... just what do you think they were "puffing"?
Yeah, those shows definitely had some writers that were on something....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

I loved the flying nun. I was in elementary school then. Also Gillian's Island, Bewitched, I Dream of Jeannie (had a big crush on Larry Hagman), most shows today IMHO are basically re-dos of Friends. No real imagination. I rarely watch network TV anymore except for the local news.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

There are occasional gems though. Big Bang Theory, for example. One could call it a reboot of Friends, but I wouldn't call that fair. The nerd angle is a completely different take on the ensemble comedy.

The Following was another rare treat. A suspenseful horror TV show? Completely loved this first season.

And those who've never seen Vampire Diaries are quick to dismiss it as Twilight for TV. Far from it. These are some ruthless vamps. It's more like True Blood Light. And Klaus is a grade A villain.

On cable, there is even more promising fare....

The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, True Blood, and Dexter are all fantastic shows. And there are many others.
edit on 17-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Some more from the memory vault....

Out of this World (this one used a lot of Buck Rogers footage, hehe)
(I thought the gal was cute)

Bring Em Back Alive

And, the show I always used to get it mixed up with....
Tales of the Gold Monkey

Remember when shows actually had INTROS!!!

edit on 17-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There was a show that I remembered from the mid-seventies called Ark II about a family of scientists that went around in a giant vehicle trying to restore the Earth after a nuclear holocaust. Jonathan Harris guest starred and there was a talking monkey named Adam.

I can't pass up mentioning this scene from the show
:

www.youtube.com...

There was also Fantastic Journey that featured a group of people that got lost in the Bermuda Triangle and they ended up on a strange island that was split up into different time zones that had people from different times and planets in them. Ike Eisenmann and Roddy McDowell were in it. Roddy McDowell played kind of a "Doctor Smith" type character.

Another one that I just remembered was the short-lived series called "Supertrain", that took place on a giant high-speed nuclear powered train.

A more recent weird show that I remember was from the 90's called VR.5.
edit on 18-6-2013 by Junkheap because: The reason is... look behind you.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I just thought of a few more fun ones...
Gomer Pyle USMC, The Beverly Hillbillies, The Munsters, Hogan's Heroes.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Those were all kind of mainstream though. I mean weird ones, like this...

Electra Woman and Dyna Girl

Isis

Land of the Lost (my favorite from Krofft) - the effects are SO, SO bad....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Two other Sid and Marty Krofft T.V. shows that I just thought of were "The Lost Saucer" starring Jim Nabors and Ruth Buzzi and "Far Out Space Nuts" starring Chuck McCann and Bob Denver.
edit on 18-6-2013 by Junkheap because: Spelling (since posting on the Internet with bad spelling is worse than murder).

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Junkheap

I remember the Lost Saucer, but not the other one. (though I probably would if I saw it)....

Lost Saucer

Oh yeah!

Far Out Space Nuts

Not as old, but one of my favorites... Covington Cross (like a Game of Thones, Lite)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Maybe I'm too old to remember really weird stuff

I do remember a daytime soap called Dark Shadows. I remember it because I never really liked daytime TV but this came on right after school. It was about a family of vampires. The Collins family I as I recall.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by maybee

Yep, there have been a few different incarnations of it. Years ago, the Sci Fi channel aired all the episodes, and I caught most of the seasons. It was pretty good (and way ahead of its time in subject matter). In was remade in the early 90s, but didn't catch on.... There was even a pilot in 2004, but it was never picked up. And of course, the film made by Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, both big fans of the show, but eh...the movie was OK....

Original

90's Reboot (wait till you see who the kid is!)

edit on 18-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

OMG he must have done that before 3rd Rock from the Sun. Hey... That's another good show.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I've been slowly trying to acquire these on DVD, which is tricky. But these days, I could likely download, but a LOT of work. I've watched many now, years later. Otherworld holds up pretty well. Phoenix? No...not so much. Sledge Hammer? Still cracks me up though.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Nice thread. Good to remember the old classic tv shows. I remember I didn't see anyone of yours, but I did remember some of the titles though,
but the one I briefly watched one episode of it out of curiosity was the Flying Nun some one else had posted that one. Good thing to think back on those times.
edit on 22-6-2013 by 1loserel2 because: add

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I remember USA the way it used to be, now its nearly all just Law & order and NCIS. While they are both good shows makes me wonder how did USA's program director get so lazy? I liked Tales from The Dark Side too.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

Weird, I didn't even think USA channel even existed anymore. It hasn't been in my basic cable listings in ages. But then again, I haven't had any kind of cable TV in a good 4-5 years.

I watch Tales From The Darkside episodes on youtube

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Sledge Hammer!...That's what it is. I been trying to think of the name of that show for years now. Thanks for posting that.

If you really want a weird show it doesn't get much weirder than "My Mother The Car." A guy's mother comes back from the dead to communicate with her son as a car.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by kijne

Yep, that's exactly the kind of one-off offbeat show this thread is all about!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join