page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
How about Sigmund the sea monster...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I think this was USA's (remember that channel?) answer to the Mighty Morphing Power Rangers

(By the way, Sally Field was hot back in the days of the Flying Nun and Gidget. I liked her. I realllly liked her
)

And one of my favorite shows forgotten through time:
edit on 13-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Some great additions! (and I watched all of those, except the tattoo beverly hills thing...what the heck?)

Does anyone remember the show "Nowhere Man" starring Bruce Greenwood? I missed the last season and I was never sure if all that was really happening to him or if he was just insane. Does anyone know?

It was all really happening to him. The final episode actually wraps it up pretty well.

Nowhere Man is the story of photojournalist Thomas Veil, who discovers that his life has been abruptly "erased": his friends claim not to know him, his wife claims not to recognize him and is living with another man. His ATM cards and credit cards no longer work. His best friend turns up dead. His mother, recovering from a stroke, is incapable of confirming his existence. In the course of a single evening, every trace of Tom's identity is gone.

Tom believes this is a conspiracy related to a photograph he took a year earlier, depicting four men being hanged in South America by what appear to be US soldiers. The only evidence Tom has of his past are the negatives of that photograph. A mysterious organization covertly pursues Tom in search of the negatives. The series revolves around Veil's attempts to get his life back by trying to find out more about the organization, while also trying to keep the negative safe.

It is revealed that Tom had been captured by the organization prior to the events of the series' first episode, and that all his memories of his life, including his marriage and even his name, had been implanted as part of a brainwashing experiment known as Project Marathon. He learns that he is actually a covert government operative codenamed "Gemini", and is part of a secret task force called "Heritage House" which was formed to investigate the organization and Project Marathon. He also learns that his copy of the "Hidden Agenda" photograph, as well as his memories of having taken it, have been altered, and that the original negative shows that the four men being lynched are actually U.S. senators being murdered by the organization.

In the final episode, Tom questions the "number two man at the FBI" at gunpoint, but the man commits suicide rather than risk revealing information under torture. The series ends with Tom watching a videotape that had been in the FBI man's possession, a film that finally explains everything.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

Oooohhh nice!! Never heard of theses shkws before :]

You can probably find most on youtube. Even the full episodes. Some hold up better than others. Others are just so cheesy, you just have to laugh....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Fish Police ! I was really sad when it was cancelled . And I miss Reaper .

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
UK kids TV used to be full of the weird and wonderful. The Moon dial was actually quiete scary for after school kids TV. It was good though.

The story deals with a young girl, Minty (Siri Neal), staying with her aunt after her mother is injured in a car accident. Minty spends much of her time wandering around the grounds of a nearby mansion, and is drawn to a moondial that enables her to travel back in time, where she becomes involved with two children, Tom (Tony Sands), who lives in the Victorian era, and Sarah (Helena Avellano), who seems to live in "the previous century" to that, and must save them from their own unhappy lives.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Sounds interesting....

To another:

Fish Police

??? I have never heard of that one...
Has a ton of famous voices though...

Definitely weird....

A couple of other faves of mine....(as I'm remembering these)....

The Wizard

The Charmings
edit on 14-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you sir !!! One of the great mysteries of my life finally solved. I owe you one.

Can you give the link for that? Maybe I can track down some episodes to watch. Thanks again.

Also, another great show, "Night Stand with Dick Dietrich" starring Timothy Stack. Good stuff.

edit on 14-6-2013 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Can you give the link for that?

You'll kick yourself...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The Master

Automan

Manimal

Werewolf

Wolf Lake

There were also all of the super vehicle shows. Knight Rider and Airwolf are the most mainstream. There is also Blue Thunder (mainstream due to the movie), but also Street Hawk (motorcycle), Tropic Thunder (boat), and the Highwayman (Truck and Helicopter) that were pretty obscure.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I loved this show through the first few seasons..before someone was turned into a little kid!

Friday the 13: The TV Series

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Me too ! I was going to say it after my first post ,but got distracted. I have the whole series .

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

It lasted a season . I have it all on VHS I taped off tv . It was fun !
I loved Hotl Baltimore too .

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Insight

This show was on for a long long time. It was usually the last thing on our local station's weekend playlist.
After this came the national anthem, then a test pattern. If you poke around, you'll see that a lot of famous names in the episode lists. It was a sort of Christian Twilight Zone. Not really morally pushy. Just a little thought provoking.
But I was a kid, and it was late, and the music was weird..So, to me it was creepy. And I loved to watch it.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I watched the same line-up on Saturday mornings...They were pretty strange heh??? Here is some of my strange T.V. shows...My favorite martian
Lost in space
The Sixth Sense

No wonder I joined ATS...hahaha

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
reply to post by VictorVonDoom

Can you give the link for that?

You'll kick yourself...

en.wikipedia.org...

That's why I come to ATS. There's always someone here that can make me feel like a total idiot. It helps keep my over-inflated ego in check.

I still owe you a double shot of 1800 tequilla.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The theme song to misfits of science is enough to stop me from watching it. Wow, can music get any crummier than that? No wonder I do not remember it. However I do remember Sledgehammer. What a riot!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you sir !!! One of the great mysteries of my life finally solved. I owe you one.

Can you give the link for that? Maybe I can track down some episodes to watch. Thanks again.

Also, another great show, "Night Stand with Dick Dietrich" starring Timothy Stack. Good stuff.

edit on 14-6-2013 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

Awesome thread, some serious blasts from the past!

I thought "Night Stand" was hilarious. Timothy Stack also did a show "Son Of The Beach", a parody of Baywatch, produced by Howard Stern. Supposedly actresses got paid more if they had a kissing scene with Stack. Funny stuff

The Sid and Marty Kroft stuff brings back a lot of Saturday morning memories. You can't tell me those shows weren't the result of indulging in a whole lot of pharmaceuticals.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join