It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple People Shot at Business in St louis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Hello

I just saw this breaking so not much info yet . will update

fox2now.com...

ST. LOUIS, MO (KTVI) There are multiple shooting victims on the 2700 block of Cherokee street in St. Louis. Police say that the shots were fired inside the Cherokee Place Business Incubator. The fire department has been called to the scene to treat multiple victims.

edit on 13-6-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

eta
rt is saying 4 dead

Four dead in Missouri shooting

KTVI was reporting that two men and two women were shot dead, with emergency personnel treating several other victims on the scene

rt.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   
other sources are reporting 4 dead and no active search for the shooter, so I'm assuming the shooter is one of the 4 dead

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I wonder if this is business related (family going broke and indebt over their heads)? Recently here (a bout an hour and a half drive south of St. Louis) there was a shooting in a home that had a business ran out of it. The father shot his wife, his son (who was home from college), and himself. Both the wife and son are dead. No news as to the why yet but I am suspecting the failing business/debt related depression pushing people over the edge.

I hope some more information comes up on this. I am very curious as to the why, and less interested in the how.

Raist

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

www.ksdk.com...

St. Louis Police Captain Michael Sack said the victims were two women and two men, all in their early 40s to mid-50s. The shooter worked at the business and got into an argument with the three victims prior to opening fire.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Yeah I read the shooter might have been a owner of the business. I am not sure if they are implying that there is more than one owner or if a single owner though.

An update from 7 minutes ago says this

Fight breaks out near scene of Cherokee shooting. The St. Louis Police Department arrests two.

I wonder if more family showed up? It seems this might have been boiling for some awhile, speculating of course.

Raist

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
As far as mass shootings go, this one is nothing special. Condolences to the friends and families of the victims. Other than that, I've got nothing more to add.

This is all becoming so generic.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I would not even consider this a mass shooting.

Also while shootings that are mass or even murder/suicide are becoming a more seen/known about occurrence, I think the real issue here is the why.

As I said there was a recent event very much like this not far south of St. Louis just last week. I think this shows what is starting to happen in the Midwest. This is an area that often sees the effects of the economy last if at all when there are problems. In the last two years we are seeing houses being foreclosed on when other areas of the U.S. were seeing it years before this. I am almost certain that money/debt was the reason for the shooting that took place here. I also believe it has something to do with this shooting as well. Of course this is speculation, I will not deny that. However, looking at what information we have it seems logical to start looking in that direction.

Of course not long ago St. Louis was considered the most dangerous city in the U.S. However, in recent years there have been a steady increase of CCW permits issued. The classes are often filled very quickly.

All that being said and back to my original point, I think the real issue here is we are seeing the Midwest seeing what other parts of the country have been seeing for years. The country as a whole is becoming more unstable as the jobs fall away and the economy goes deeper and deeper. Add to all of that the growing unrest about government overstepping their bounds and the public looks to be on the verge of a boiling point.

I am starting to wonder if we will start seeing on a large scale what we are seeing in other places with rioting and protesting. Those in the top might be smiling now, but I wonder if in the backs of their minds they are feeling that they are soon to be ripped from their posts.

Raist

top topics

join