It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden Leak | 'Only Tip Of The Iceberg' - Rep. Loretta Sanchez

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Rep. Loretta Sanchez on CSPAN talking about how much bigger the issue really is. She was briefed on further information and can not talk about it herself but says that it is much larger than what is in the news at the moment.

Rep Sanchez CSPAN

The federal surveillance programs revealed in media reports are just "the tip of the iceberg," a House Democrat said Wednesday. Rep. Loretta Sanchez (D-Calif.) said lawmakers learned "significantly more" about the spy programs at the National Security Agency (NSA) during a briefing on Tuesday with counterterrorism officials. "What we learned in there," Sanchez said, "is significantly more than what is out in the media today."

Edit: Found a shorter clip on YouTube for embedding.

edit on 13-6-2013 by ohiwastedmylif because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Looks like some more of that "transparency" that Obama promised. Yep, you can see right through these idiot's schemes and realize who really needs to be "monitored" more closely. It sure as hell isn't your average citizen. Welcome to East Germany except the technology to "keep tabs on you" is light years better. The snitch on your neighbor program should ramp up any time now since they laid the groundwork already with the "see something, say something" Homeland Security crap.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I'm hoping that someone throws us a bone with a bit more meat on it soon.

This one is meatless and fairly dry.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Oh, oh, this thing is starting to snowball. I'll have to grab some popcorn and watch how government officials weasel out of this one.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
You know I'm sick and tired of all the "it's just the tip of the iceberg but I can't talk about it BS." If it's that important we should be talking about it.

Once these spooks get our congressmen behind closed doors they slap a gag on them and that's it. This is really a lot what's wrong in this country. Start treating people like adults.
edit on 13-6-2013 by Bassago because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ohiwastedmylif

Well, .. .. I suspect before that information can be released there has to be a Serious Damage Control Plan.

They have it, They Know it, and They Know that Everyone is Going to Find Out. It is Only a matter of time.

I am sure that they have had to approve a Budget, approve Satellite Time, and approve overtime for the guys trying to hunt down the "Criminal".

I really hope everything comes out before he is Shut Down.

I usually do Not condone Criminal Activity, But, I am Rooting for the Criminal in this Case.

Good Luck and God Speed Mr. Snowden. ... .. ..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
Well, .. .. I suspect before that information can be released there has to be a Serious Damage Control Plan.

They are in damage control mode right now. Hopefully the EU and China can put this administrations feet to the fire over this. "We the People" just don't have enough clout anymore to bother these criminals.

Agree, Go Snowden!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yeah damage control
Right now
Hard drives are being destroyed....
Files are being shredded and burnt.....While the dust is still in the air

Oh and keep an eye on the obituaries

edit on 13-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: Added

edit on 13-6-2013 by Neocrusader because: Auto

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Maybe just maybe its time for the whole house of corruption to come down.........
maaybe its time for the American people to step up and demand the government cease its attacks on the Constitution......
maybe make a law which says anybody proposing laws that betray the Constitution in spirit or in fact....are themselves guilty of a capital Offense...

new topics

top topics

join