It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House criticizes Republican's rape comment?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

...and that will be our last message back and forth. That's the last one liner (T&C's cover that.. check them sometime) to jab, poke or twist words I'm going to tolerate against me, personally. I've asked and I've asked for you to debate, if you are going to reply to me.

It's not asking much. Back your own positions and if mine are wrong, well, explain why. I've been known to completely change a position on something when proven wrong and it doesn't take a World War to get me there. Just the showing of logical basis with support that makes sense. I don't like eating crow. It doesn't taste like chicken, believe me. I do it when I need to though. This won't be one of those days, as I can see.

You have a good day and enjoy the thread. Post away...I'll not be replying to you again on this or any other thread, on any subject again. Period. It's certainly not "my" thread to lord over though, so make yourself at home so long as we're both clear that our side debate is at an end.

*No intention to kill the thread guys.. really.. Just disengaging from one of two side chats before it gets totally out of hand.

(hops off and promises to mother over things no more.
)
edit on 13-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I am fully aware of the T&C's, thank you...my last post, even though it was just one line, fully complies with the T&C...

I tried debating the context of the OP with you...

5 percent of any 100 percent population would not receive an adjective of "significant," in any other study, unless it was being used to politicize or further an an agenda...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
* * * * * * * * A T T E N T I O N * * * * * * * * *

Please discuss the topic, the information and not each other or other personality conflicts.

Thank you
edit on 13/6/13 by argentus because: unnecessarily large banner

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Your "Guam Capsize" card?

If you truly cared whether or not what you say is true than you would have looked into the Congressman that said that before you pulled that card.

He in no way thought that Guam could actually capsize.

If you knew anything about him you would know that he says things like that often and on purpose, just to see people's reactions.

Johnson was actually making a stab at the enormous amount of military personnel on the island but partisans ran with it and did everything they could to make him look like a moron.

I hate partisans but comparing that to a person who is woefully ignorant of the 32,000 rapes per year in this country that lead to pregnancies is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by megabytz

We each have our opinions. Yours and mine disagree. I read the way Hank Johnson states that quite differently than you have and posted the clip in the thread for others to have their own listen and take on it. Thanks for stopping by and tossing your views in with everyone else's though.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by Sankari

I really had meant that about not going all partisan on this. Stupidity isn't a Republican trait and not EVERY single thread on ATS has to devolve into Dems vs. Repubs or Libs vs Conservatives

Long post, but just an FYI...This first sentence is what made me immediately click the star button.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Just wanted to add this...

GOP Lawmakers Escalate their War on Women

By health advocates’ latest count, state legislators have introduced more than 300 bills to limit abortion access this year. Dozens of measures—some flagrantly unconstitutional—have been signed into law, and more are in the works, including a new congressional crusade for a national 20-week ban.
In truth, less than 2% of U.S. abortions occur after the 20-week mark, and many involve women facing extreme health risks or carrying fetuses with catastrophic birth defects. As Planned Parenthood notes in a statement on the Franks act, states with 20-week bans have forced women and families into “heartbreaking and tragic situations—needing to end a pregnancy for serious medical reasons, but unable to do so.”

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Wanting to limit the number of abortiosn carried out is not a war on women.

Neither does the opinion abortion is killing children one that has to come from some kind of extremist religious view.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WilsonWilson

Originally posted by WilsonWilson
Wanting to limit the number of abortiosn carried out is not a war on women.

I agree. I would also like to limit the number of abortions.

However, taking away women's choices and autonomy by making laws that force unnecessary medical treatments and limit her medical options IS a war on women.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join