White House criticizes Republican's rape comment?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by resoe26

Woman sues after Lynnwood police didn’t believe she was raped

How many are accused of lying and pressured into recanting a charge.....just to be fully vindicated later and proven correct by the sex offenders continued victimization of other women? In that case, the scum even admitted to having raped the girl when caught later. Turns out that was was a serial rapist to use the term which fits. Ouch.....

Tho it really isn't all that related to the topic, to be realistic.

I can compare this to the MSM reporting ONE instance of a shooting just to uphold thier preposterous ideals.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

hat study revealed that among women aged 12-45, pregnancy occurred in 5% of victims of rape.[

en.wikipedia.org...

Then there is pharmaceuticals 'abortion' pills, and others so pregnancy resulting from rape ARE low.

Even more so now that they are sold OTC to anyone.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

And MY POINT was there is a helluva LOT that LIE about it.
Not all women are effin angels and effin helpless. or are they? (equal rights is an effing joke. because once # gets too difficult or dangerous, they want to be poor ol scared helpless women) am I wrong?

yes...you are wrong...on so many counts...in so many ways...

There is nothing satisfying about falsely claiming rape. A rape trial is humiliating and traumatic for a victim and thier personal lives are attacked, thus the reason that false claims center on genuine mental illness or celebrity or wealth.

The same reason that only 16% of actual rapes are reported to the police is the same reason there are so few false claims of rape.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5
Could it be that Jay Carney was relieved to throw a punch rather than take a hit given the recent plague of scandals? AND that this guy who said pregnancy from rape is no big deal is an idiot?

That's the point. What was said about rape resulting in pregnancy seldom was stupid. But at the same time, for the White House to spend the time on this small time incident rather than on things that are HUGE .. like IRS-Gate, Benghazi-Gate, NSA-spy-gate, etc etc ... just looks like they are desperate.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I can compare this to the MSM reporting ONE instance of a shooting just to uphold thier preposterous ideals.

That cracked me up...Your response was to take the topic FURTHER off the tracks???

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

...is provably false to the degree either side can be proven. That would be by study and studies have been done in proper ways with controls to insure it's as accurate as such things can be. They have shown, as quoted, the PER rape incidence is significant, not "very rare" or what this politician claimed. You chose to reply to my thread in, seemingly, making light of Todd Akin's comments.

If you are going to hold that 5 percent of the 100 percent measured is NOT rare, then I do not know what to tell you...5 percent of 100 percent is RARE!!! You do know the meaning of the word "significant," right? I find highly SIGNIFICANT that only 5 percent of the 100 percent measured demonstrated this characteristic...I was expecting more...

(The human body of a man and woman hasn't changed since 1996. Your reference to the date a study was made is baffling. This was 1996, not 1896, where differences in medical knowledge or understanding may be different enough to take into account)

I chose to highlight the date of the study because I used a LATER STUDY that included your study. As to whether the human body has undergone any changes within the past 10-fifteen years, I think you need to read up a little...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Could it be that Jay Carney was relieved to throw a punch rather than take a hit given the recent plague of scandals? AND that this guy who said pregnancy from rape is no big deal is an idiot?

That's the point. What was said about rape resulting in pregnancy seldom was stupid. But at the same time, for the White House to spend the time on this small time incident rather than...

Show me the transcript from the press conference? I am open to being wrong, but suspect he was pitched the question...should he not answer? And I suspect it was amongst a tonnage of less comfortable questions.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Not all women are effin angels and effin helpless. or are they? (equal rights is an effing joke. because once # gets too difficult or dangerous, they want to be poor ol scared helpless women) am I wrong?

yes...you are wrong...on so many counts...in so many ways...

There is nothing satisfying about falsely claiming rape. A rape trial is humiliating and traumatic for a victim and thier personal lives are attacked, thus the reason that false claims center on genuine mental illness or celebrity or wealth.

The same reason that only 16% of actual rapes are reported to the police is the same reason there are so few false claims of rape.

You don't think there are CRAZY ASS women out there that do that #? Are you a women?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

reply to post by resoe26

Woman sues after Lynnwood police didn’t believe she was raped

How many are accused of lying and pressured into recanting a charge.....just to be fully vindicated later and proven correct by the sex offenders continued victimization of other women? In that case, the scum even admitted to having raped the girl when caught later. Turns out that was was a serial rapist to use the term which fits. Ouch.....

If you want to make a statement like ..

Then by ALL MEANS, please DO support that and show the basis by which you've come to believe it. If you can support that, I'll consider it a new thing learned ..because right now, I simply don't believe reliable material exists which CAN support it. However, I'm always open to new perspectives and new ideas if they have solid basis. Supply it and I'll respect your position. At this point? Well......

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

That cracked me up...Your response was to take the topic FURTHER off the tracks???

Negative, but I'm like for real? ONE example?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

just a simple google search... now take your pick
Lies about Rape

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

If you are going to hold that 5 percent of the 100 percent measured is NOT rare, then I do not know what to tell you...5 percent of 100 percent is RARE!!! You do know the meaning of the word "significant," right?

Take your argument up with the National Institutes of Health. I didn't call it significant. They did. I just happen to respect their history, science and background as reliable sources on matters of medical and health issues. This is both and so, well within their area of expertise.

I don't write these sources, I just relay them when I find them credible enough to share. I do in this case.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

hat study revealed that among women aged 12-45, pregnancy occurred in 5% of victims of rape.[

en.wikipedia.org...

Then there is pharmaceuticals 'abortion' pills, and others so pregnancy resulting from rape ARE low.

Even more so now that they are sold OTC to anyone.

Rape victims don't get up the next day all cheery and skip over to thier local pharmacy..The pill needs to be taken within 24 hours to be fully effective and even then has over 10% chance of not working if taken near immediately.

I think many women who have been raped aren't thinking in those terms during the first 24 hours...
edit on 13-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I think the Commander in Chief's had more rapes under him in his military than any other Commander in Chief.

Entire military's treating females pretty bad and lots of bad stuff going on right now withing Obama's tiny military.

He's lost full control of the situation and hasn't been holding people accountable.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

So which one did *YOU* use to form *YOUR* opinion...and which one do *YOU* believe has basis in fact and credible background for how the conclusions were reached? Please don't troll my thread. I welcome debate....but this isn't.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   

No...I will take this issue up with you...It is your interpretation of the word significant which is being questioned...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

ape victims don't get up the next day all cheery and skip over to thier local pharmacy..

No one ever said they did kudos for the 'drama'.

I think many women who have been raped aren't thinking in those terms during the first 24 hours...

Really thought it would be the first thing thought about.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Trust me, I'm not trying to derail your thread. I was just simply throwing in a FACT that many women do lie about Rape. off topic? probably. if so, my apologies!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   

You don't think there are CRAZY ASS women out there that do that #?

Yes...2-8% of reported rape cases, like the link YOU provided showed.

Given that 84% of rape cases go unreported...and the 2-8% of those cases that are reported and found false are centered on financial gain from celebrity or wealth...I see that stat as tiny...For car theft...10% of reportees file a false claim..and that is a Felony.

Are you a women?

I can spell "woman"...does that count?

And WTF does that have to do with anything?...Have issues much?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by totallackey

I'll say the same thing to you which I just did to the other.... Don't troll my thread. It sure feels that way for the attack attack attack with twisting what people say around against them....and not offering much, if anything of your own to contribute in support of your own position.

Now, having said that. Let me then make this very clear. Crystal. I am not interpreting or trying to define what the NIH study I quoted came to for conclusions. I'm not a Medical doctor as the authors of that study are. It was produced by the "Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston 29425-2233, USA.", to quote the credit line of the study itself.

I do, in fact, find that a reliable and solid study. If you'd like to attack the source, have at it. However, making this personal is uncalled for and out of line. There is no need. Tell me why you find an NIH sourced study to be faulty or unreliable for quoting in a thread like this? (outside your own personal opinion, if you don't mind too much)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join