It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOT (Latest update for Glenn Beck Scandal) Rumor: Glenn Beck; NSA Used to Blackmail Chief Justice Ro

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
reply to post by NavyDoc

Owwww,a retort from a doctor ....nonsense , yet its done all the time. Tut tut .
Give me a break . Pharm reps go to all the doctors offices and hospitals with free samples and gifts because.....
Schmooze schmooze schmoooze ...
How many DEADLY drugs are on the market ,and even MDs have said should be off,are still prescribed daily,mostly to the elderly ,as ...well they're going to die soon anyway ,so....let make money on this crap while the patent is still good .....,and yet there are a dozen safer drugs that do the exact same thing on the market .
Uh huh ......
Wanna see my moms death certificate ? It says cause of death AMIODARONE TOXICITY .
Because her caridiologist ,despite my protests claimed she needed to be off the toprol ,and on this killer,instead .
Not to mention my mom had a previous 3 pack a day history ,for 50 years,and mild emphysema .
WHAT KIND OF MORONIC PROFESSIONAL PUTS AN ELDERLY PATIENT ON THAT DRUG ,IF NOT FOR SOME OTHER REASON .
Uh huh . Try again .

www.thelocal.ch...

Novartis has suits against it for said practice. They were unlucky enough to get caught . They all do it .

ww1.aegis.org...
And its not just the USA .

Drug companies have long kept secret details of the payments they make to doctors and other health professionals for promoting their drugs. But 15 companies have begun publishing the information, some because of legal settlements. Use this tool to search for payments. Read more about the data »

projects.propublica.org...
edit on 6/15/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

Nonsense. As a thoughtful prescriber, I know for a fact that you are disseminating untruth.

Surely you understand that a hired spokesman is a lot different than secret kickbacks to prescribers. In fact, by law, such kickbacks are illegal and hired spokespeople, also by law, must disclose that they are hired spokesepeople whenever they give a speech. You either do not understand or are being intentionally misinformative.

Also you don't seem to understand the risk vs benefits of various medications. You mother's issues likely derive more from a 150 pack year smoking history than anything else.

You don't understand and are bitter so you create this evil conspiracy in your mind. Sorry, the truth is that you are incorrect.

And, since you brought it up, sure let's see your mom's death certificate.
edit on 17-6-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

If you knew what you were talking about, you would have known that amiodorone was first developed in 1961, was off patent, and therefore was not given due to your alleged big pharma kickback scheme.
edit on 17-6-2013 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

Surely you understand that a hired spokesman is a lot different than secret kickbacks to prescribers. In fact, by law, such kickbacks are illegal and hired spokespeople, also by law, must disclose that they are hired spokesepeople whenever they give a speech. You either do not understand or are being intentionally misinformative.

What about a 'highly informative' seminar at a country club in Arizona, all expenses paid by the pharmaceutical company to let the doctor know just how the medicine works? When they could just do it at the doctor's office???

There are ways around the law. Let's whisk you away for a vacation. You have to listen to a one hour spiel about the drug and how much we want you to prescribe it to as many people as possible. Oh, side effects? They're listed on the paper in the box that contains the free sample.... the one that we use to get the patient hooked on the drug.

It's not complete nonsense.

edit on 17-6-2013 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by NavyDoc

What about a 'highly informative' seminar at a country club in Arizona, all expenses paid by the pharmaceutical company to let the doctor know just how the medicine works? When they could just do it at the doctor's office???

There are ways around the law. Let's whisk you away for a vacation. You have to listen to a one hour spiel about the drug and how much we want you to prescribe it to as many people as possible. Oh, side effects? They're listed on the paper in the box that contains the free sample.... the one that we use to get the patient hooked on the drug.

Not done anymore. I've never been on one. The pharma vacations are a relic of the MadMen era. I read an article where it was alleged in India, but in the US, this practice has been banned for decades. You can find articles about people getting caught and companies being fined but that is because these practices are now illegal. The medical industry is one of the most regulated industries in the nation with a large amount of scrutiny and oversight.

My biggest beef with the poster is that he said that we were all in on it and that it was common. Both are flat out falsehoods.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Glenn Beck lies.

No surprise.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Not done anymore. I've never been on one. The pharma vacations are a relic of the MadMen era. I read an article where it was alleged in India, but in the US, this practice has been banned for decades. You can find articles about people getting caught and companies being fined but that is because these practices are now illegal. The medical industry is one of the most regulated industries in the nation with a large amount of scrutiny and oversight.

My biggest beef with the poster is that he said that we were all in on it and that it
was common. Both are flat out falsehoods.

I find it amusing that we have a physician that has led such a sheltered life. At an earlier time in my life, I was the VP for business and finance in one of the largest medical schools in the US.

I was invited by physicians who go on bird hunting trips sponsored by drug companies, and I even heard about the % allocated to the physician's account who prescribed certain drugs being pushed by "detail" men.

As far as Medicine being the most regulated business in this country, that is a joke. You will never know how many surgeons reworked patient billings before signing off on them, where they broke down CPT and ICDA codes into numerous procedures instead of the one assigned by the University since they were not only salaried but received a % of fees generated.

Medicine is the only profession where incompetence can be covered up by burying the patient upon who the mistake was made. I reviewed the malpractice claims in our organization, where "the Marcus Welbeys" of the day, thought they knew how to remedy a problem, and ended up burying their patient.

Going into a hospital today is one of the most dangerous places to be in our society. We have "dumbed down" support staffs on duty who lose x-rays, do not know how to intrepret test they administer (because the goal is to run up the medical costs as high and as fast as possible).

In the United States I find it amusing, that physicians are refusing to care for Medicare patients, (the oath of More Money takes precedence over the oath upon graduation from medical school and also the philosophy "do no harm".

What we have are a nation of doctors who view patients in the same way a farmer views his cropland, something to be exploited and farmed as long as possible. As a result, we have a group that believes the good old days still exist. They will either see patients and accept assignment of the negotiated insurance fee from Medicare or the Insurance Company or they may all have to become plumbers where the real money is made today.

The days of having three or four ex spouses receiving alimony, and a dozen kids that must be educated are coming to an end. I watched these guys for 14 years and have a pretty good insight into medical practices and billing procedures, and there are a few "humanitarians" in the group, but most are motivated by money instead of doing a great job on a patient in a surgical room. Adios Amigos. John

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by NavyDoc

My biggest beef with the poster is that he said that we were all in on it and that it was common. Both are flat out falsehoods.

Okay, it must be done under a different guise now, but I had a doctor (not that long ago) tell me about a junket that he took. It was four days of fun in the sun.

I am certainly not blaming all doctors for doing it, because I am sure that they all don't.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Faust100f

When did you stop working? The 1970's? Things are a lot different now than they were and we work under an extreme amount of regulation and accountability and litigation.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Found this on facebook....I believe its from Beck's tv channel. Can't deny the man being interviewed plus Sen. Lee is referenced. That's two members of Congress.... anyway FWIW:

Rep King Drops Bombshell

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

This is interesting.
A lawmaker is leveling accusations.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

The giveaways aren't needed if they put the Dr.'s on the payroll as field researchers, which is how they were getting around it 10 years ago.

I worked as an RN from 89 to 03, and it was common knowledge that the drug reps would "hire" MD's and advanced practice RN's to get around the gift laws.

I still have a drawer filled with drug company crap, stethoscope's, models or organs, 2 foot tall skeletons, etc...

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
reply to post by NavyDoc

The giveaways aren't needed if they put the Dr.'s on the payroll as field researchers, which is how they were getting around it 10 years ago.

I worked as an RN from 89 to 03, and it was common knowledge that the drug reps would "hire" MD's and advanced practice RN's to get around the gift laws.

I still have a drawer filled with drug company crap, stethoscope's, models or organs, 2 foot tall skeletons, etc...

Again. That relationship must be disclosed, by law. "Common knowlege" is not the same as common practice and they now cannot give away so much as a pen.

And, if you review the topic, the poster who set off this entire debate said "they all do it" and "kickbacks." Even you experience of a few paid researchers and lecturers does not support his claim that we all get kickbacks.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

Suddenly, new revelations prove this to be true. Russ Tice, a Bush-era NSA analyst-turned-whistleblower has sounded the alarm on the true depth of the NSA's surveillance abuses. In an interview on the Boiling Frogs Podcast, Tice stated:

They went after -- and I know this because I had my hands literally on the paperwork for these sort of things -- they went after high-ranking military officers; they went after members of Congress, both Senate and the House, especially on the intelligence committees and on the armed services committees and some of the -- and judicial...

They went after lawyers and law firms. All kinds of -- heaps of lawyers and law firms. They went after judges. One of the judges is now sitting on the Supreme Court that I had his wiretap information in my hand. Two are former FISA court judges. They went after State Department officials. They went after people in the executive service that were part of the White House -- their own people.

YouTube Fmr Agent Russell Tice Accuses Obama, Nsa Of L…

We must now assume the NSA is in charge, not elected representatives

These revelations are absolutely explosive. They reveal exactly what I feared (and publicly warned about) -- that the true group running things in the U.S. government is now the NSA, not the White House and certainly not Congress.

With its massive spy grid system in placed for years, the NSA has gathered dirt on everyone in a position of power. Anyone with a secret is now compromised and can therefore be controlled. This even includes President Obama, who can be safely assumed to be nothing more than a charismatic puppet.

As Tice explained in the podcast:

Here's the big one... this was in summer of 2004, one of the papers that I held in my hand was to wiretap a bunch of numbers associated with a 40-something-year-old wannabe senator for Illinois. You wouldn't happen to know where that guy lives right now would you? It's a big white house in Washington, D.C. That's who they went after, and that's the president of the United States now.

In reading this, I hope you realize that the only people who are still left standing and telling the truth are people who the NSA could not corner with compromising dirt. And because the vast majority of U.S. Senators, in particular, are perverted, deviant, power-hungry monsters with all sorts of disgusting secrets involving under-age children, they are very easily compromise and controlled.

Remember: Natural News was the first news organization to publicly state that the NSA had been used to alter the Supreme Court decision on Obamacare. Almost no one picked up that story other than Glenn Beck. The media ignored it.

People had better wake up and realize that the things you read here on Natural News very often come true with frightening accuracy. I'm the guy who publicly predicted the Bitcoin crash, for example, less than 24 hours before it happened.

More recently, I have publicly predicted something far more concerning: the rise of "Skynet" via commercialized quantum computers now being used by Google to create self-learning machines. The NSA spy grid will eventually be turned over to these systems, and at some point they may decide that all humans are the enemy.

Here's my interview on the Robert Scott Bell Show where we discuss this very topic:

YouTube Skynet is REAL

While the world is focused on Lady Gaga, the NSA is destroying humanity

Not one in a thousand people is aware of the issues I've outlined here. Most of the world is focused on celebrity gossip, tabloid news, sports entertainment or just trying to survive to the next paycheck. Almost no one understands how the entire future of humanity is being placed in jeopardy by the combination of a global spy grid infrastructure and highly-complex quantum computing systems.

This is potentially a civilization-ending mistake. It's in the category of a mass extinction event such as giant asteroid slamming into the planet. And if we proceed with this mistake, giving rise to a race of hyper-intelligent machines that decide to eliminate humanity, the machines will write, in their own history books, how the only purpose of humanity's existence was to give rise to the machines. Once that was accomplished, humanity served no further purpose and was therefore "erased."

After all, any rational look at humanity right now would have to reach the conclusion that humanity is a danger to the planet (and possibly the universe). Human civilization has the technology of an advanced race but the ethics, morality and wisdom of an infant. The human race destroys life, pollutes a precious planet which is extremely rare in the galaxy, sets off nuclear bombs in its own atmosphere, poisons its own children (mercury, fluoride, vaccines, etc.) and worships materialism and fame rather than happiness and purpose.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join