It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost guilted and threatened into allowing a smart-meter to be installed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by fictitious

I know in certain states you can get a restraining order against police officer if you feel you're being arrases. If you can get a restraining order on those guys and have them come around only when they have notified you in advance and supervised. Never know it might work.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
We don't have gas, but got a smart meter on our electric (literally) out of the blue one day.

I was in the bathroom (go figure) and Mrs. Frogs was not home. I think I hear a car in the driveway. *Pop* the power goes out. Now I'm sure I hear something outside. I..umm..finish up as quickly as possible as the power comes back on. I head outside. As I open the door a power company van is pulling out of the drive and down the street and I have a shiny new smart meter installed!!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Well huge massive law suits would work. Get some local groups for action to wake the rest up and local radio shows with interviews run by students, natives and grass roots people, disabled etc. And kick butt!
Id be asking for trillions jointly shared for their fascist harm to us.

But in a while after we move, will be attempting to build a few of the friction heaters I have plans for, and the heat can turn stirling engines, another project I want the boys on this next year or so. I think a small room, two friction heaters wtih shelves of stirling engines, each capable of turning out 300 watts, translating heat into electricity, so I'd say, making 20 or so of them, should be tons of offgrid electricity!
edit on 13-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Buy a pit bull then see if they jump the fence.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

I know in certain states you can get a restraining order against police officer if you feel you're being arrases. If you can get a restraining order on those guys and have them come around only when they have notified you in advance and supervised. Never know it might work.

I don't even know the guy's name, and I wouldn't want to hurt anyone's possibility of getting a job or anything, ya know? He was about my age but seemed like one of those "take orders" people. He probably isn't aware of the world around him, for that matter. I see where you are coming from, but I don't want to adversely affect someone's life because they do a job without questioning why they are doing it.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

Isn't it crazy that they can do that? Call me crazy, but besides it being able to data mine, which is a huge problem in itself, my biggest theory is that they might be suddenly installing them in mass amounts to keep the population down. I'm one of those people with "unexplained infertility". Why? I can't get answers, and I'm not the only one of my circle of friends with this issue. It's so wide spread it is crazy! I'm in to natural medicine, don't take prescriptions like the rest of america, eat pretty healthy, etc. What better way to mess up people than by invisible radiation connected to the side of your bedroom?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I know it only takes one to assemble an army, but I really don't know anyone in real life who even care about these issues. Everyone is a little interested when I talk about stuff like this, but it is quickly forgotten. As long as people have their comforts and conveniences and free government assistance, they don't have a spirit to fight.

Anyway, I've never heard of that type of electricity generator. I'll have to look it up. Sounds pretty cool. I love building things, so I should do something like that for fun.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimpachi
Buy a pit bull then see if they jump the fence.

I have a crazy Catahoula who is the best watch dog and is pretty freaky with her glass eyes, and I have a 1/2 pitbull 1/2 lab who is the world's most worthless dog. He won't even walk to the grass to go to the bathroom. He would open the gate for an intruder haha.

My Catahoula was the one barking when the guy showed up. I couldn't see his van through the woods, but somehow she did. I had to walk outside and around the house before I could see anything. She definitely lets us know what is going on.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Not only is it dangerous in the ways that you described.......

But it costs those meter readers their jobs when they are replaced by one guy in a truck driving by your house.

That's why I sent the guy on his way when he came by to install one in the place I was renting, but the stupid guy who owned the house, being the pushover he is let them install it even after I pointed out the unemployment issues it would worsen, even if it is just a little tiny bit, and some of the other issues too.

The other risk I see potentially, is that we would be forced to pay our gas and electric according to the market rate, like we have to with gasoline already, gotta love it.

Yeah, something happens in Syria or Israel, and your gas bill doubles in a day....Hell Yeah!!!.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
That's weird that guy acted like that. It almost sounds like he got offended because you didn't want the smart meter. When we declined our smart meter, they didn't make any kind of deal about it at all. They put a sticker on our old meter that says "Opt-out Customer" and they still check it every month. They charge $10 extra per month because someone has to come out and check it, but it's worth it to me.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MyHappyDogShiner

Yeah, I thought about the employment issue too. I get that from the company's stand point, but we have to be able to supply jobs, and everything has been going toward automation. It is funny because some of the pioneers on the technology front though that automated processes would simply increase our leisure time, not jobs or pay. Basically they thought the work day would be decreased but the work force would be perfectly stable. If only that were true.

Good point about market prices. That never crossed my mind. Ugh.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeramie
That's weird that guy acted like that. It almost sounds like he got offended because you didn't want the smart meter. When we declined our smart meter, they didn't make any kind of deal about it at all. They put a sticker on our old meter that says "Opt-out Customer" and they still check it every month. They charge $10 extra per month because someone has to come out and check it, but it's worth it to me.

I wish it was that simple here. As far as the $10/month because someone comes out, I think most people would be willing to text/email a picture every month into the company. It has a serial number on it after all.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Here's what happened to me:

I'm taking my maintenance guy friend to lunch - he's been working outside all day so my 5 dogs are penned.
I have a 7 foot fence to keep them on the property.
I get this call on the phone from the electric company saying they want to install a smart meter on my property. I tell them NO they do NOT have my permission, they are NOT to trespass, and I'll be home in half an hour they can wait until I am on property. So when I get home there is the new smart meter installed.

At that time, I had 5 dogs - including a 150# great dane/rotweiler/doberman mix that would kill anything in the yard and frequently did (except for the rest of my existing pack he grew up with from a pup). Unfortunately, my pack was cage up in the house instead of their outdoor kennels. If they had been outdoors, this guy would've been lunch, whether the dogs were in the kennel or not.

No recourse with the power company - they were going to charge my big time for replacing the smart meter with my old meter, even though their agent committed trespass to install the smart meter.

ganjoa

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I can't believe it. I never look at my metor. I just waked outside and its a smart metor - just like in your linked pictures! It used to be one of those with a needle last time I checked. Is there anything I can do to get them back here to change this thing back? That's not ok. Where's my old one and why didn't they ask first.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Those studies were partly funded by cell phone providers. The Italian supreme court ruled that they were in fact not independent and ordered their own studies. Their results showed that it is very likely a health risk. The world health organization has increased the risk level for those types of emissions with further studies being conducted which will in all likelihood show them to be cancerous and as such a major health risk. Right now we have strong evidence that they are which is why they reclassified them. When they conclusively know these emissions to cancerous to humans instead of just animals we will see a crap storm of law suits.

You did good.

Hold it down.

edit on 14-6-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The anecdote about the census guy doesn't ring true to me. Census employees don't have the power to arrest anyone, so it's highly unlikely that he would make this claim in the first place. The whole scenario sounds bogus.

Anyway, why would you have a problem with being included in the census? That makes no sense at all.

Originally posted by fictitious
I tell him that I've read plenty about them emitting wayyyy too much radiation

You've read wrong. They don't. You'll get more radiation from your car stereo.

I had a smart meter installed for my solar panel system. It's absolutely fantastic; much better than the old meter. Finally I can see exactly how much power I'm using on an hour-by-hour basis. Makes it easier to keep track of my spending and reduce my cost of living.

They installed it free of charge, too. Can't complain about that.

I really hate how all governments seem to be involved in so many sects of our daily life. We all know that privatized companies usually do a better and more efficient job at pretty much anything.

If privatised companies do a better and more efficient job, why are you complaining about the cost of your services? After all, they're provided by a private company. So what's the problem?

The cost of services always go up whenever they're privatised. Government can always provide them more cheaply. Didn't you know this?
edit on 14/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   

my biggest theory is that they might be suddenly installing them in mass amounts to keep the population down.

Why the hell would they do that? It would be economic suicide. The US economy would collapse if the population didn't keep growing. That's why they have an immigration program in the first place.

I'm one of those people with "unexplained infertility".

So even if the government wanted to sterilise people, it wouldn't be interested in you, would it? Because you're already infertile.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out what zedvszardoz says in this thread.

He is a smart, talented, awesome sexy Guy.....LOL.

No really though, all the facts are there.

Hold it down.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check out what zedvszardoz says in this thread. He is one smart sexy Guy.LOL.

No really though, all the facts are there.

zedvszardoz is hilarious. He knows as much about smart meters as Whacko the Wonder Chicken.

Pretty crazy that a private company can dial up the cops to arrest someone for refusing a smart meter. Absolutely appalling. But hey, when you sell off government assets and privatise everything on the grounds that 'private companies always do it better', that's what you get.

Enjoy your privatised services and rent-a-cop thugs. Remember, this is what you asked for.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I agree he really is something else. He is also correct in his assessment of the reason for smart meters being pushed ahead of the supposed technologies they are meant to support.

Carbon emissions taxes. Running too many blenders and computers will be highly taxable one day.....and such a racket deserves a speculative market where nameless and faceless people can gamble on with public money for losses and private hands for profit.

it explains all the lobbying by big money, no?

But heck, they say we asked for it right?

Try us. We are not our parents generation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join