It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Justice Department Snooping Excludes Mosques, Missed Boston Bombers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Well now it seems that the Justice Department has some kind of secret panel that mandates "they" give approval before any snooping takes place in a Mosque.

Apparently this came as a result of extreme pressure from Islamic groups that evidently are "friendly" with the current U.S. Government.

The identities of this panel are very secret.

I wonder if terrorists can get inside info about whether or not any specific Mosque is under surveillance ?
That would make it easier to plan attacks.

This claim is coming from an editorial article at investors.com.

Makes ya wonder eh?

Homeland Insecurity: The White House assures that tracking our every phone call and keystroke is to stop terrorists, and yet it won't snoop in mosques, where the terrorists are.

That's right, the government's sweeping surveillance of our most private communications excludes the jihad factories where homegrown terrorists are radicalized.

Since October 2011, mosques have been off-limits to FBI agents. No more surveillance or undercover string operations without high-level approval from a special oversight body at the Justice Department dubbed the Sensitive Operations Review Committee.

Who makes up this body, and how do they decide requests? Nobody knows; the names of the chairman, members and staff are kept secret.

We do know the panel was set up under pressure from Islamist groups who complained about FBI stings at mosques. Just months before the panel's formation, the Council on American-Islamic Relations teamed up with the ACLU to sue the FBI for allegedly violating the civil rights of Muslims in Los Angeles by hiring an undercover agent to infiltrate and monitor mosques there. ....................

Obama's Snooping Excludes Mosques, Missed Boston Bombers

Hmmm.

and here's another, stronger "opinion":::

An Investor's Business Daily opinion piece makes the claim that mosques are excluded from the massive dragnet surveillance operation of the US Government. "That's right, the government's sweeping surveillance of our most private communications excludes the jihad factories where homegrown terrorists are radicalized."

Considering that the pretense for all this "necessary" surveillance is to stop terrorism, it seems unusual to exclude mosques from examination. What is going on?
Are Mosques Excluded from The Digital Snooping Dragnet?

I wonder IF any snooping has taken place in Christian Churches or Jewish Synagogs ?

Are those "off limits" too?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
So they'll listen in on my phone calls to my husband at work telling him to bring home a gallon of milk ... but they won't listen in on the mosques, many of which are at the very least sympathetic to what the Boston bombers were all jihadi about?

Someone tell me ... who the heck is flying the plane?? :shk:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Heck... We're at war in multiple nations with radical Islamists who cite Islam ..in their own warped version of it...for their primary justification in all they do.

Why would we want to do such a hateful thing as keep an eye on Mosques which may have a reputation for extremist members and views? Golly... How silly of anyone to imagine we'd look there. Far more likely to find them in a Church or Synagogue, I'm sure. We need taught the new way of thinking I guess because I sure don't get it.

By the way, I wonder if such extraordinary approval was needed for all Houses of Worship....or just Islamic ones? The Department of Justice wouldn't be, dare I suggest it, discriminatory....would they? Nawwwwwwwww...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I am Jack's total lack of surprise.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Were the Boston bombers notifying their mosque of their bomb plot plans via telephone or any other form of electronic communication? Nope. I don't see how excluding mosques from government snooping caused the government to miss the Boston bombers. This is nothing but a sensationalist title with the sole intent to garner page views and rile up the Muslim haters. Furthermore, there is zero evidence that other religions were targeted for snooping while Muslims enjoyed immunity.

Do we really want the government snooping om mosques? If so, then be prepared to have all religious institutions snooped upon and accept it with a smile.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeatherNLace

Do we really want the government snooping om mosques? If so, then be prepared to have all religious institutions snooped upon and accept it with a smile.

Further, we shouldnt be happy with the gov snooping on anyone.

This "news" seems designed to play the "they should suffer too" game that's so often used to distract people from their own suffering i.e. progressive taxation / selective law enforcement / relative sentencing / etc...

Nobody should be getting snooped on.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Were the Boston bombers notifying their mosque of their bomb plot plans via telephone or any other form of electronic communication? Nope. .

You can't say 'nope' ... because you don't know. None of us know. we don't know because there was no electronic snooping going on with the mosques that are known to preach radical islam and be sympathetic to the jihad nonsense.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

Few seem to look beyond an OP these days to see more for understanding a story. Thankfully some of us do.

Boston bombers’ mosque recommended men beat their wives

Mosque that Boston suspects attended has radical ties

I'd never suggest the Government start monitoring all houses of Worship just for good measure. Oh goodness no. However, just as I'd expect them to keep an eye on the Christian Churches related to the Aryan movement? I absolutely expect them to have more than a vague awareness of some Mosques which seem to have a standing reputation for extremism.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Were the Boston bombers notifying their mosque of their bomb plot plans via telephone or any other form of electronic communication? Nope. .

You can't say 'nope' ... because you don't know. None of us know. we don't know because there was no electronic snooping going on with the mosques that are known to preach radical islam and be sympathetic to the jihad nonsense.

Actually, I can say nope. The FBI has had the opportunity to review the phone records and internet activity of the Boston bombers. To date, the FBI has made no connection between the bombers and their mosque as it relates to the terrorist plot.

Now, if they had discovered that the mosque had a hand in the plot of the bombing, then one could say that the lack of snooping on the mosque caused the government to miss an opportunity to stop the bombing before it happened. But that is not the case here.

new topics

top topics

join