It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lack of Spring ,and now Cold Summer in Portugal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
here in Portugal , we have had no Spring , and now no Summer,
this last Winter was the coldest and wettest on record , and we even had ground frosts and fresh snow in the first week of May .

it should be around these temps for this time of year ( June ) :
day temps ; 28 -- 35
night temps : 18-- 25

this last week it is :

day temps; 11-27
night temps; 03 - 14

we also seem to have a lot more cloud cover than we used to have , one of the wonderful things about Portugal is the wall to wall blue skies yet those days are getting less and less.
it is already affecting the crops here espicaly the fruit crops, and they are predicting a very bad year for Wine and Port.

something is def wrong with the weather......

has anyone else noticed the odd weather in this part of Europe ??

snoopyuk
edit on 13-6-2013 by snoopyuk because: spelling

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Well, the earth is finally working right. It was only a matter of time before the global warming caused a cooling effect which eventually would lead to an ice age. Expect many new glaciers to form now which will overrun places like Europe and south America.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Well, the earth is finally working right. It was only a matter of time before the global warming caused a cooling effect which eventually would lead to an ice age.
Would you care to explain the mechanism by which this miraculous change is taking place?

Drastic sea ice melt in the arctic during the summer months has changed our climate in the northern hemosphere op. The disruption it causes to the jet stream will mean colder, longer winters and shorter wetter summers.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

As the atmosphere warms, it holds more moisture which forms more clouds, the clouds reflect the heat back, more storms grow and weather gets more violent because of differences in temperature under the clouds vs in the areas not covered by clouds. It is a lot more complicated and technically worded than that but that is how it sort of works.
edit on 13-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

Seems to be weird weather everywhere.... I am beginning to think that CERN have opened up some really crazy Pandoras Box!

Seriously, look at the Weather.... especially since the first test on this thing..... its crazy and not to mention all the Sink holes which have been appearing of late.

I'm also thinking that HADES (Mohammed) is returning from the Underworld!

edit on 13-6-2013 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Watch this short vid here Ricky. It will be far more educational for you than anything i can write here.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

I'm way past the information that is contained in that video. I have researched both sides of the issue extensively. The video does not even address the the eventual response to global warming. The video was all talk and little information, I would rather read research articles, not interpretations of the articles. I do read the interpretations to see if they are in compliance with the research though and also the parameters and motives of the research and interpretations. We should have triggered a cooling cycle already but it hasn't yet happened appropriately. It will happen, it will happen very fast too when it starts. Global warming is manmade, because our small contribution throws us over the tipping point. The ice age which will come will be the creation of mankind also because they will have triggered it.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
@ OP, same goes for here in Ireland, no spring and now highest temps of only 15c and lows of 7c. had fire on last night an all

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by scoobyrob

yes we have had to have fires just this last week,
not normal, in fact way beyond normal.

snoopyuk

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
it is bad in my neck of the woods too. Southwestern Ontario Canada. Cooler, wetter, cloudier. Even the tree tops are turning colour from a late hard frost on May 24 weekend. It is only around 20 celcius when it should be mid to upper 20's. sun was out for maybe an hour today. I, myself think it has more to do with comet dust or Gamma Rays entering the atmosphere than global warming, err climate change. The particles seed the clouds naturally, more dust more clouds, more rain, torrential rain, not the gentle to heavy rains we are used to. Fields are flooded.

Follow this site and see how much is being detected daily, click on the the buttons at the top for the different regions, europe will astound you some days you can't make out the countries.

See also

The Cloud Mystery

there is a video on youtube just type in the above title.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by snoopyuk

January and April weren't that different, but February, May and specially March were colder than usual, as visible in the image below.

And yes, in March I had to turn on the heater, something I don't remember ever doing.

PS: we are a week away from the Summer, it's too soon to say that we are having a cold Summer.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I posted the following response on the other thread you first shared this information and then I noticed you started this thread so I'm posting my response to.

Here's somewhat of an explanation for why you're experiencing unusually cooler temps in Port. I'm in northern WI and we're getting the same thing this year. We had only two days above 80F and we're halfway through June. Very unusual. Keep in mind that this post I'm quoting I posted on May 2 on another thread.

First, this is a rare weather event that occurred in January that kick-started our winter. This is accurate to, here in northwest WI, winter didn't arrive until mid to late January. We had a couple of thunder and lighting storms at the start of December, and then when we had our first snowfall, it was accompanied by thunder. What they call thunder snow, and something I might say I haven't heard too often over the years.

Winter weather linked to rare event over North Pole

Then, when our spring was supposed to arrive, the Greenland Block arrived instead. NASA satellites tracked the event and it was reported that it was one of the strongest Greenland Blocks on record. Way back in March they predicted this thing was going to break up but it didn't and we still suffer the wrath of winter while other areas are experiencing extremely warm conditions, some much warmer than normal.

NASA satellite measures Greenland Block that stopped spring

Also, as most of you know about my methane gas theories, I blame the increasing methane levels on this rapid warming that is occurring globally. I'll add this link that goes with the rare weather events that are occurring in the Arctic. This article with images shows how methane has been at record levels over the Arctic this past winter.

Record methane levels for the Arctic in early March

As some have posted on here...if you aren't trapped within the low pressure area caused by the Greenland Block, you're experiencing some warmer weather than usual. Down in central FL, I've heard from some friends they are much hotter than they should be and already suffering high levels of humidity a month early. One poster above comments about 95 degrees on the Cali coast, where this never happens. It's already hitting triple digits in the southwest and another poster said they've had unusually warm weather up in the northwest. We're warming up big time and we here in the Midwest will soon find relief from the Greenland Block and our summer will arrive, and I'm thinking we're about to head from one extreme to another...a foot of snow to scorching hot air and extremely volatile storms! I predict that we're going to completely skip spring this year.

A month in a half later and things haven't changed much. Heatwaves and extreme weather systems to the south of the front, much cooler than usual temps to the north. The cool air from the Arctic is still being pushed south and this is bad news for the ice melt occurring over Greenland. As you can see in my signature below, I have theories about the methane and how its trapping the sun's heat. The more methane increases and builds up in our atmosphere, it traps the heat. The sun's heat enters our atmosphere by way of longwave infrared and heats up the surface then safely bounces back out to space by shortwave infrared, but this part isn't happening right now because of the methane levels. It's trapping it in. I've been writing about this occurrence for the past six months on here and pretty much everything I've been predicting is happening at an alarming rate of increase. We're still experiencing loud booms, sinkholes, extreme weather events and most alarming recently is the accuracy of the Jumping Jack Flash guy's predictions of unexplained fires and explosions. There have been 15 unexplained cruise ship fires in the last year. Just today, another unexplained chemical plant explosion in Louisiana. Also, homes are exploding. Just today, another home leveled in an explosion in Colorado, of course, blamed on a natural gas leak.

Jumping Jack Flash Hypothesis

There's a huge increase in moisture in the atmosphere from the heating, like when you turn the hot water higher in your shower, the mirror fogs up quicker. This could help explain the increase in clouds. Extreme moisture increase in our atmosphere.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   
No matter what we say, others will come on here and try to convince us: "everything is fiiiiiine". No, it's not fine. I don't know what's going on, but earth is changing. At around 6:00 pm PST, a thick marine layer starts to roll in from the Pacific Ocean, like it's doing now. Stars will be hidden behind the clouds, and when i wake up in the morning, skies will be cloudy and grey; temps around 50 degrees. At around 2:00-3:00 pm PST, temps hit around 80-85 degrees, burning away the clouds, til sunset. Repeat process. There's less and less sun, everyday. People should stop saying things are normal.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by WonderBoi

I don't know what's going on, but earth is changing.

You don't. Scientists do. They call it global warming.

top topics

join