It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive explosion and fire at Louisiana chemical plant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   
hello
edit on 13-6-2013 by EmittsrifEhtrof because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

It's quite shocking Boncho, the chemical industry.
Dangerous, hazardous and extremely volatile elements always around.
It's a very dangerous job.

People just don't have a clue what processes are involved making things like propane, liquid chlorine, road tar, gasoline and plastics. Good God, it's a crazy world. They think making all their toys and the roads they drive on is simple and cake-work with no hazard.

Far from it.
The men, including myself, in this industry are constantly risking life and limb to ensure our country has roads to drive on and plastics to use. It's crazy.

I know there were injuries maybe fatalities..
My thoughts and prayers go out to all of them.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Is this how the Zompoc starts???

All seriousness, that sucks. I'm sure it will be all over MSM when I get home...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I live about 5-6 miles from that plant and was glad I came home from work from Baton Rouge and found my windows intact. Now I feal like a jerk because people died and I was concerned about myself. Look, I live accross the street from twins who were exposed to MUSTARD GAS! Can you believe that. They are in thier late 30's and are living off of the interest of the settlement. I am more afraid of the chemical plants I live near than any Huricaine I have gone through such as Issac and Katrina. Gonzales Louisiana is upwind from alot of chemical plants and I am waiting for the sirens. Here they meen watch the T.V. you have to shelter in place or bug out instead of tornadoes. This country is completely ignorant of the dangerous chemichals that roll through their towns by train or truck everyday.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Nothing hinky but cutting costs, and weakened unions.

Soon enough we will have another "Triangle Shirtwaist Fire" type event.

These things occur when nobody cares about anything but the bottom line.

edit on 13-6-2013 by MyHappyDogShiner because: typo,failed to proof

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
I know RT is saying it happened Wednesday but I believe they have a typing error because it is happening now.

There isn't much information out yet, but it appears there may be some fatalities. The plant puts out about 1.3 billion pounds of ethylene and 90 million pounds of polymer grade propylene a year.

This is the third plant explosion in a couple of months for Geismer, LA. March April

rt.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-6-2013 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

This was probably the cause of a Sink hole. being ruptured.

Its a chemical plant. I imagine if they were digging or drilling in the ground somewhere. Even if its not even close to plant at all. If they hit a pipe. Or hit a sink hole full of methane gas.

All kinds of crazy things could of happened there. Somehow i think underground cavities being ruptured has to do with this.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Another explosion..!

As I stated after Texas...the best way to hide large scale theft is to destroy what remains. Is someone/some group stealing chemicals for weapons and hiding the fact that they have done so?

Are there any chemists out there that could look at the various chemicals potentially available from all of these exploding plant and mix up some concoctions. (I dont think you should actually post lists of ingredients or methods for manufacture)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Something seems a little hinky to me. An explosion in a plant in Texas, an explosion in Louisiana and probably other plant explosions in the U.S. i don't know of.

So does anyone still want to work in chemical or ammunitions plants?

I completely agree, combine these events with the train all the recent derailments + Boston and something smells funny! Wasn't threre a fire on a harbour in the USA a couple of months ago that had something to fo with chemicals as well...can't remember the port.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Something seems a little hinky to me. An explosion in a plant in Texas, an explosion in Louisiana and probably other plant explosions in the U.S. i don't know of.

Its what you get when you deregulate business to an extreme... Like the economic crash, the oil spills and these explosions.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by hamburgerler

Its what you get when you deregulate business to an extreme... Like the economic crash, the oil spills and these explosions.

Kind of a random thing you posted there.... Nope, I can not say for one second that the regulation or lack there of is the cause for such accidents.. Human error or intentional are what is to be discussed... and yes all of these accidents are starting to seem a little odd.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse

Is the shadow like thing shrapnel in the top right of the pic?

Looks like it is a crane. You can see the bottom and the top.The middle of it is obscured by smoke.

Was about to say I think it's a crane also, there is steam or smoke coming in from right of picture also. So what are the dangers of these chemicals, and risk of a huge explosion like in West, TX? I hope they aren't that explosive.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by haveblue

I completely agree, combine these events with the train all the recent derailments + Boston and something smells funny! Wasn't threre a fire on a harbour in the USA a couple of months ago that had something to fo with chemicals as well...can't remember the port.

That was within days of the West, TX explosion. During the time of the West explosion there was also another plant fire/explosion north of texas, I forget the state. Either this happens all the time and is the hot news thing, or something fishy is happening. My father travels a lot and works in bottling plants, but he said chemical plants have fires and explosions all the time around where he is, or has been, or may be going. I know Merc/Merk (spelling?) has a plant near us, and they have their own fire department with specially trained fire fighters. So the risk is high.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeaderOfProgress

Originally posted by hamburgerler

Kind of a random thing you posted there.... Nope, I can not say for one second that the regulation or lack there of is the cause for such accidents.. Human error or intentional are what is to be discussed... and yes all of these accidents are starting to seem a little odd.

You cannot say because you are not informed, I can say because I am.

Regulators stood idol as the banking and insurance industries engineered the economic collapse.

The plant the blew up in Texas broke regulations countless times but was not pursued by regulators and
even ignored.

The deep water rig, same thing...

The corporations are above the law because "regulation" has become a bad word.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Really feel sorry when seeing such scenes.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join