It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US + UK Relationship important still?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
(Please move if in wrong forum)

I just posted a reply in another forum where I briefly mentioned the relationship between the US and the UK and it got me thinking.

Is the relationship between us even important anymore?

Does the US need the UK?

What do you guys think?

I personally feel the UK needs the US in the political arena. The US doesn't need us as such in politics, but when it comes to war, I do feel US needs UK just as much as UK needs US. I say that because the UK does have a good, disciplined and very dangerous force. But surely that cannot be the only reason to have a relationship? Put it simply, I don't remember seeing Obama wrap himself around Cameron whilst playing golf lately.
edit on 13-6-2013 by brace22 because: Didn't mean to post. Wasn't finished

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
considering how much important Military infrastructure that the US has in the UK , then YES.

far too much involvement for them to part company.

and if they parted company , who would spy on each others citizens ??

snoopyuk

edit on 13-6-2013 by snoopyuk because: sp

edit on 13-6-2013 by snoopyuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I think they need each other to help drive their agenda on "Terror" "cough"

Other than that, I would see us more as distant cousins who only meet up at big events.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The U.S. has 761 military bases in foreign lands across the planet including the UK, the UK is an alley not a partner anybody really think if the UK asked for permission for a base in the US they would not be laughed out the door?.......the UK was a major force in the world once not any more and the desperate attempts at trying to remain relevant is at times cringe worthy at worse illegal under international law, but the UK as is europe has its media controlled by the forces that have controlled american media since the 50s, with the monopoly of sky tv and its endless feminist propaganda the undermining of traditional right and wrong, attacks on family values promotion of homosexuality and single parent families the destruction of organised religion and the list goes on .....and the results WE ARE ALL AMERICANS NOW.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by brace22

US + UK Relationship important still?

US + UK relation is a very special one , like a newly married couple or like a GF - BF / BF - BF relation
I think their relationship will last for - ever and ever

- - - until the end of this world - - -
And yes , their relation is still important

edit on 13-6-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

LOLZ glad to see you know your the wifey

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by surfin4

LOLZ I guess that means your on the ball and chain.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfin4
The U.S. has 761 military bases in foreign lands across the planet including the UK, the UK is an alley not a partner anybody really think if the UK asked for permission for a base in the US they would not be laughed out the door?.......the UK was a major force in the world once not any more and the desperate attempts at trying to remain relevant is at times cringe worthy at worse illegal under international law, but the UK as is europe has its media controlled by the forces that have controlled american media since the 50s, with the monopoly of sky tv and its endless feminist propaganda the undermining of traditional right and wrong, attacks on family values promotion of homosexuality and single parent families the destruction of organised religion and the list goes on .....and the results WE ARE ALL AMERICANS NOW.

But the destruction of organized religion is a good thing and there is nothing wrong with homosexuality... I mean I do agree with you that the media is controlled by the elite, but your examples are pretty poor.

ETA (cause I know people are going to misunderstand my meaning about religion): There is nothing wrong with religion and I have no problems with people worshiping whatever they want, however organized religion is one of the worst thing to happen to humanity.
edit on 14-6-2013 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by surfin4

Do you equate traditional right and wrong to the ignorance that was enforced on people, and still persists amongst small minded bigots to this day? I agree there is a problem, but not everything you listed as negative is wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

That image is very interesting. Scarlett woman, the beasts. Obviously it has taken its inspiration from the book of Revelation. And no doubt, everything that going on is the self-fulfilment of that so-called prophetic book.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

Organised religion for good or ill plays a big part in society allways has done, its one thing to want to destroy it i get why they want to........but what do they replace it with....a society based on permission, politically correct bs....people living there lives like they belong in a sitcom?.....feminism was the first pillar of this new temple....women were not behind feminism it was at the start of the industrial revolution those factories needed filling but they needed women to fight for the right to become wage slaves and from there they realised what great consumers women were .....hell you could even sell them breasts, sell them there morals through tv ,magazines hollywood , and through women these ideas were accepted by men, now there is a war on straight men to get them dumbed down, start to worry about body image start to mosturise ect ect and the weak minded will.....and they too will become great consumers and hey homosexuals again got the pink pound, no families all that disposable income.....again shallow image obsessed but great consumers.....money is the root of all evil, there are videos on youtube of 7 year old coming out to there parents lolz

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by surfin4

Your post says that with the destruction of one societal construct (organized religion) we are replaced with a new one (consumerism). Yet its really just a pick your poison. Either be oppressed by some old guys in robes or be subjected to unchecked need to consume. Either way humans are being led down a bad path.

top topics

join