It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here are my first 3 demos, with enough ATS-relevant lyrics.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Hello, my name is Colin Burt, and I'm a mighty damn good songwriter-composer, though not much of a singer in my case. If one believes my lyrics are controversial now (however often), just wait until I finish the one about 9/11. Yes, I know how impossible it is for people like me to achieve any level of REAL visibility in the popular music world, so I have no illusions. I just wanted to share my songs in a place more likely to have like-minded kindred spirits, or at least a few.

soundcloud.com...

I don't support listening to my work with speakers without sufficient bass (i.e. most computer speakers), especially since it's keyboard bass here. (I made all the sounds myself). If nothing else, PLEASE use headphones.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

Hey Colin,

If you could post the lyrics I'd give the vocals a bash

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

Will post lyrics shortly. Turns out I have to leave now for a couple or so hours. Will check back as soon as I can.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Apologies if necessary for the longer than expected delay.

I probably made extra effort in enunciation in my singing, so I tend to believe lyrics are, at least significantly enough, not necessary, but I'll post them anyway, with brief descriptions.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   
This is the most mainstream pop song I've written, or definitely with baritone lead vocal. I had the temerity to go ahead and sing the female tenor part in a strained, gravelly semi-falsetto.

ALEXIS

she has a key to the door of her wonderful house in the woods, she holds the key to my love and we walk in the late afternoon, eyes of hypnotic blue shine like a child on a carnival ride, trance, she enchants with her dance and we cheer when the horses run by
(CHORUS 1) my beloved Alexis, we share the wine in the warm September sunshine, here under the rainbow, she holds the key to this wonderland dream without end
years writing books by the lake where we champion heavenly tales, free from the maddening crowd, we go buff in the great outdoors, sing softly like an old tree, it’s the power from all living things, and all of our fears are allayed with a blanket of good memories
(CHORUS 2) my beloved Alexis, she rescued me from the edge of insanity, my guardian angel, now I’m the luckiest man that there ever was
(BRIDGE) hey now, lightning and magic and homemade beer, traveling to other planes, from the deep within our brains, going out of body to the infinite, my love, somewhere it’s written that we should be one, living in a world of joy, we build a ship of new alloy for next year’s vacation to Jupiter, oh my love (somewhere it’s written that we should be one, yes, my love)
wash away the fear and pain, dry away the tears… with our love
(CHORUS 1)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This one is where I'm most lyrically flexible. I'm much more a composer than lyricist. The illegal (currently in 48 states) smokage is not an area that I would outright glorify, but need to elucidate it as only the most generally libertarian statement: It's forever important for responsible, intelligent adults to have the freedom to partake as such without hassle.

GASTRONOMY, REEFER GLADNESS & BEYOND

in gastronomy there are such delights to enjoy, an experience so divine, open the vintage wine, so good for the soul, let’s chow down on the gourmet grub, not a flub in preparing this wonderful feast, from Nirvana at least, get full then I’ve got an amazing amount of top quality buds for us all, let the smokable flow through the night, it’s our reefer gladness alright
(SOLO)
in a world where we can truly be free I wonder if the extraterrestrials will at last make contact, do we have what it takes to be truly free?, set our sights on the higher love fearlessly?, in a world where rule by secrecy is no longer, we can then ascend to a better way of living, we can shed all the meaningless illusions, break the cycle of ugly old delusions
where have you been, dear old friend, where have you been, my friend?, I’ve waited so long to see you, a long time in the dark without you, what have you done, my old friend, in all these years apart?, it is good news that you’ve returned, a sweet surprise indeed, my dear friend, at last you’re here
(SOLO)
in gastronomy there are such delights to enjoy, an experience so divine, open the vintage wine, it’s all in the cooking with love

edit on 13-6-2013 by Lightworth because: spelling

edit on 13-6-2013 by Lightworth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is my post-Apocalyptic fantasy, however possibly inaccurate and exaggerated it is, and of course if there really will be a meaningful enough Apocalypse.

THE GARDEN

we sing with joy in the Garden, skinny blue people travel through time just to say hello, smell the air when the flowers bloom on open field, free at last in the Garden of dreams, men in black are history, the emperors wore no clothes, all the fear authorities instilled in us is gone, let freedom rule, there are no murders or monsters, it’s the unconditional end of every last religion, bet your buns it’s party time
laughing together with my sweet one, now that the goons with guns are gone
(BRIDGE) we won the final war, love has triumphed at last, love to all, the angels sing for us, we righteous have inherited the Earth
(CHORUS) happy traveling, catching the new brass ring, happy rodeo, up and away we go
focus the mind waves, activate the wonder wheel, we are endowed with amazing powers, we anti-grav atop the evergreens, the gifted have power at last, sound the horn, let there be Light
(CHORUS)
(INSTRUMENTAL)
happy ever after in our great utopia, amazing how the walls have come crashing down, we have realized our full potential, we use more of our brains than ever before, all aboard this magnificent vehicle
(BRIDGE)
(CHORUS)

top topics

join