It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obamacare? We were just leaving …

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Obamacare? We were just leaving …

www.politico.com

Dozens of lawmakers and aides are so afraid that their health insurance premiums will skyrocket next year thanks to Obamacare that they are thinking about retiring early or just quitting.
The fear: Government-subsidized premiums will disappear at the end of the year under a provision in the health care law that nudges aides and lawmakers onto the government health care exchanges, which could make their benefits exorbitantly expensive.

Read more: www.politico.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
So here it is folks. Even the people who made up the law, voted it in and have told us whats good for us don't even want to go near it because of the fear they have over the rise in health care costs vs their now subsidized government plans. But its what we need apparently because we are to stupid to decide for ourselves what we need. Oh, and the premiums will be lower for us for some reason (sarcasm).

For the folks who are still for some reason for Obamacare, is this the clue you finally need to realize that it isnt good for us?

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 13-6-2013 by dizzie56 because: added the premiums comment

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by dizzie56

The Ohio DOI said individual premiums would increase 87%, which is astronomical. I work in Insurance and I can tell you that absolutely nobody has a real clue what is going to happen. To my knowledge only 1 state is 100% all in for the exchange and that is CA. Many brokerages are creating their own exchanges in order to keep existing clients in house so to speak.

Not to mention the ACA fees, the fact that these have to be up and running by OCT 1 for open enrollment. It seems to me as usual they bit off way more than they can chew. It reminds me of House of Cards, some guy promised to get it passes and he did, but now the real problem....how to execute it.

Big Government=Failure/Slavery

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Wait a minute I thought the lawmakers didn't have to go on obamacare. Now if this is true for all lawmakers (ie congress senate etc... ) then I say kudos . THeir HC has been free long enough. for the low govt workers well to bad welcome to reality. I pay 1800 a month for family of 4 what does everyone else pay. khpe

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
I can't for the life of me begin to wonder why they are still pushing Obamacare as a "good" thing.

From what little I have read up on it, this is going to cause prices to rise. I don't know the specifics, I haven't been to a doctor in almost a decade now, I don't get sick lol.

Where is any of the positive in this? If people could afford health care, they would have healthcare. Its as simple as that.

From the sound of the program, this is going to do nothing but take more of people's money by force aka legal robbery. If we didn't already have that with the price of gasoline as it is a necessity to our way of life and we will pay whatever "they" say we will pay.

After the Oklahoma tornadoes, gas has risen here in Michigan from around 3.60 to 4.35 in the time since. Just got down to 4.11 which is still ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sd211212

Wait a minute I thought the lawmakers didn't have to go on obamacare. Now if this is true for all lawmakers (ie congress senate etc... ) then I say kudos . THeir HC has been free long enough. for the low govt workers well to bad welcome to reality. I pay 1800 a month for family of 4 what does everyone else pay. khpe

I agree that they should have to go on to the same plan. Its the members of Congress that doesnt have to go on to it but as of now their aides are currently subsidized as well just like them. The aides are wanting to all jump ship in order to keep their same rates and subsidies that they have now (i.e. we will keep paying for them even tho they dont work their anymore, awesome, I know).

Personally I think if they can vote something in and not have to follow the same rule of law as the rest of everybody we might as well start calling this a dictatorship and not a republic cause thats what it is.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
Where is any of the positive in this? If people could afford health care, they would have healthcare. Its as simple as that.

This right here. Ive said this several times on these boards but it doesnt seem to ring in anybody's ears. Many business offer health care and several people cant afford it now...why force them to buy the healthcare that they cant afford?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizzie56

Originally posted by cconn487

This right here. Ive said this several times on these boards but it doesnt seem to ring in anybody's ears. Many business offer health care and several people cant afford it now...why force them to buy the healthcare that they cant afford?

Eventually I think they will sick the IRS on those people who don't/won't pay. Maybe garnish people's wages. Or whatever they can do to get to the money.

Its almost like this is nothing but a money grab. 17 trillion in debt and people are realizing they actually don't have a duty to pay this debt off. I certainly don't. I find the idea of paying an inherited debt laughable.

I won't pay, they might come after me in some shape or form. And I really won't give two cents if they do. Literally

I have no doubt when the whole system of our currency was put into place, those people who established it knew one day it would become unsustainable.

They probably just didn't care. They wouldn't be around to deal with it. They knew themselves and their families for generations to come would be taken care of.

I have some very colorful words for the whole situation on money in our world today.

Even I would cringe if I said those words aloud

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
How can you Americans honnestly screw something up as simple as Universal Healthcare

Talk about shoot yourself in the foot!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I can tell you that as a worker for the state in which I reside, I cannot afford the health plan offered by my employer. The cost to cover me and my family is equal to my mortgage payment. To hear that those prices will go up, and that I will be forced to pay is very worrysome. We have not had a raise in 6 years while the cost of everything continues to go up, we are forced to contribute more towards our retirement to make up for the money the state lost gambling with our retirements in the stock market, and insurance costs climbed steadily. Here comes the big gut puch. Not sure how me and my family will work through this. I may need to get a second job.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   
To crazyewok: this isn't a "universal healthcare issue" this is a widespread managed care insurance product issue.I would really advise you and anyone who wants to understand the health "insurance" issue better to read this article, it's an excellent article on the issues of managed care (insurance that pays for everything).

www.theatlantic.com...

Of course they are jumping ship. The only way Obamacare is going to work financially is if they force young men and women who don't need managed care onto the program. I don't think it will work because I know far too many young healthy people who will simply be unable to afford insurance on the amount they make. This whole scheme is ridiculous and is just adding to what Nixon started. Health insurance isn't an insurance product and a messy finance vehicle for healthcare.

Insurance is by design intended to pay for rare events that could be financially crippling. Auto-insurance doesn't pay for oil changes for a reason. Home owners insurance doesn't pay for repainting the outside of your house. Why does health insurance pay for check ups? It is a big mess and again please read the article I posted above because it's excellent.
edit on 13-6-2013 by LadyofGlass because: .

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by borracho
I can tell you that as a worker for the state in which I reside, I cannot afford the health plan offered by my employer. The cost to cover me and my family is equal to my mortgage payment. To hear that those prices will go up, and that I will be forced to pay is very worrysome. We have not had a raise in 6 years while the cost of everything continues to go up, we are forced to contribute more towards our retirement to make up for the money the state lost gambling with our retirements in the stock market, and insurance costs climbed steadily. Here comes the big gut puch. Not sure how me and my family will work through this. I may need to get a second job.

Don't worry, once a majority of people get to the point where they work 16 hours in a single day and have 8 left for sleep and a personal life. Maybe things will get done. Then again, as long as "reality
" tv is on, and they can go to the local Walmart to buy everything they "think" they need...

Oh god that almost made me a little depressed just thinking about living a "life" like that.

Third world consumer plantation.

That is a very real possibility, if not a very descriptive way of describing the US as of this very moment.
edit on 13-6-2013 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

You really think the government cares how much we'd have to work? mmm... I don't think so. If they did, things would be a lot different for us right now.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Of course they are jumping ship. The only way Obamacare is going to work financially is if they force young men and women who don't need managed care onto the program. I don't think it will work because I know far too many young healthy people who will simply be unable to afford insurance on the amount they make. This whole scheme is ridiculous and is just adding to what Nixon started. Health insurance isn't an insurance product and a messy finance vehicle for healthcare.

This is why it wont work.

www.forbes.com...

If you read the article it starts to talk about the death spiral of obamacare being that the individual mandate is to weak. As you said, healthy people probably wont buy it because of the premium costs. The problem comes in when having to cover people who arent healthy and who do buy the insurance (pre existing conditions). While the costs of health care go up participance in obamacare goes down due to rises in costs to cover the sicker individuals, which in turn raises the price again because there isnt enough money in the system to cover the sick. As more sick people start to participate then the costs go up even more.

All I have to say is 2014 is gonna be fun for me to watch since I will be able to see every individual that I know who was for it all of a sudden get that extra tax (if they dont participate) or to see the actual premium price they now have to pay. Ahhh, only if we had time machines lol.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ellie Sagan
reply to post by cconn487

You really think the government cares how much we'd have to work? mmm... I don't think so. If they did, things would be a lot different for us right now.

I know they don't care, hell we pay them to do nothing. Seriously.

I'm talking about when we the people actually do something to change the balance of power. I don't know what that something is. Though I am fairly certain in my lifetime I will see the shift of power here in the US, and hopefully it spreads throughout the entire world.

Whether it turns out we all live happily ever after, which I hope happens.

Or if we are living in some post apocalyptic Mad Max world.

Things won't stay the same forever.

One can only hope things work themselves out for the benefit of everyone.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I am just extremely irritated when discussing it with most people because they don't even understand what the debate is about. As soon as you point out the fallacy of having an insurance product that pays for everything people say that you are being cruel and don't understand how people need to see the doctor.

Instead of getting rid of the managed care system that Nixon set up that was to screw over the American public, Obama sealed it in place with his widespread managed care program. It makes me sad because people refuse to read or understand the issue. Nothing good will happen from this health insurance scheme. They are riding on the bet that all of the young people in America will buy into the program which will offset the sick not realizing that we are a nation full of sick and fat people (young and old) and it's getting worse.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Insurance is the wrong way to tackle the problem.

Preventative care information made easily and readily available on request would solve most of the issues.

Though you don't make a profit from curing something. Only treating it.

It sounds like a huge medical conspiracy, but the amount of bad drugs and questionable components being added into food without long term side effects being properly and thoroughly tested and documented I just don't know anymore.

People aren't joking when they say follow the money.

Who is making money off of this?

The government shouldn't have any say in this matter at all, yet they are the ones running the show.

They have just put their hands into far too many cookie jars, and we are getting down to the crumbs. Problem is they are as hungry as ever.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NONPOINT21

I can tell you that you are not alone, I just talked yesterday with a health insurance provider and he said that the Obama care was so complicated that they had no clue how is going to work, beside that you are right the premiums will be off the chart and the health care provided will be substandard, specially for those that will fall under the mandated.

To me this is just a money grab scheme and as usual the working class will become slave to the system once more
edit on 13-6-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyofGlass

I am just extremely irritated when discussing it with most people because they don't even understand what the debate is about. As soon as you point out the fallacy of having an insurance product that pays for everything people say that you are being cruel and don't understand how people need to see the doctor.

Instead of getting rid of the managed care system that Nixon set up that was to screw over the American public, Obama sealed it in place with his widespread managed care program. It makes me sad because people refuse to read or understand the issue. Nothing good will happen from this health insurance scheme. They are riding on the bet that all of the young people in America will buy into the program which will offset the sick not realizing that we are a nation full of sick and fat people (young and old) and it's getting worse.

Exactly, we are stupid and mean because we try and explain and warn but we can also have a lil laugh in 2014. At least I will.

The real problem with any type of product is that you usually have to buy it thru a middle man. Insurance is the middle man of the healthcare industry. And every middle man adds on a lil price bump so that they can make money so by the time me or you get the product the price has at least doubled.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I have a friend who is a incredibly wealthy
Hedge fund investor. Before Obama was elected
he said "That's it for me, I gotta quit, Obama's gonna ruin everything."
Guess what? 5 years later he's still working (making a killing I might add).
More than when Bush was in office.

Chicken Littles....
edit on 13-6-2013 by sealing because: Sp

<<   2 >>

join