It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This left/right; liberal/conservative; progressive/libertarian crap has got to STOP!! We must come t

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Because this is the kind of issue we leave at the door. Abortion is one of those red meat issues. Like immigration, medical marijuana, prostitution, civil unions, death penalty, social programs, school vouchers...ad infinitum. There are many issues that divide people.

We need to find a common cause and agree to set those issues aside until we straighten out our Republic. Our democratic form of government has been hijacked and purchased by the largest bidder. Perhaps we could just focus on that for a minute.

Don't worry-- some of us "get it."

We really do need to take control of our country back from corporate interests. We need to re-work the system in such a way that the massively wealthy cannot simply buy politicians, or loyalty on any level of government. That one thing, alone, would go a long way toward straightening out our country, I'm sure.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

An easier fix would be to not give two twits about who goes where and why.

No need to write more laws, no need to hire enforcers, no need to maintain a massive registry.

A bunch of Mexicans want to wander haphazardly over here and ear $2 an hour hanging drywall so be it.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I just said I liked you. That was all. I might have entertained a meet-up but you have way too much luggage with your mom, the cats, the girl, the aliens....???

Jeez, I am just trying to keep it simple right now.

edit on 13-6-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
The ones who cling to their trivial ideologies in the face of true treachery are simply pawns for the ones who are watching and reading our every word on here. The ones who view us as people of interest and enemies.

Let go of your ideology, your prejudices, and your fears of your fellow man. Embrace the difference that you have with the next man or woman, and embrace the similarities. We have a lot to learn from each other about the world, and the divisive environment that has been bred by the ones who watch us has been purposely designed to keep us all ignorant of what we all are, and what we can accomplish together. This is what they want...divided subjects, to the monarchies of days past that still rule us all, and seek to keep that rule with their spooks, armies, weaponry, police, NSAs, etc.

They want to kill us all. American, European, African, Indian, Asian, Australian, Arab, Jew, Christian, Muslim, Liberal, Conservative, it does not matter one bit to these sick people. They want all of us dead, or enslaved.

Keep looking at your neighbor as your enemy, you're all playing right into their hands.

Wow, insightful post. Quoted for truth.

There really cannot be any doubt that the people are polarized into opposing groups that offset each other in order for the status quo to be maintained.

Under a factional system of seemingly opposing values and loyalty, the pendulum swings back and forth, but the fundamental direction in which we move never varies by more than a degree or two.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

An easier fix would be to not give two twits about who goes where and why.

No need to write more laws, no need to hire enforcers, no need to maintain a massive registry.

A bunch of Mexicans want to wander haphazardly over here and ear $2 an hour hanging drywall so be it.

Don't disagree, but you missed the point.

They have identified illegal immigrants as a top priority and targeted them as the scapegoat for terrorism, violence in America, etc. Then they proposed a bogus solution to stop them from running our country.

The reason they (Politicians) are lying is because their supporters (Lobbyist ) are using this to their advantage, distraction and potential money to be had by supporting an unsupportable solution.

Perhaps we take away the monetary influences from our politicians then they would be more willing to discuss the truth and propose true solutions. Implement tougher fines or discuss openly if immigration is really an issue.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Oh, okay. I did miss the point.

Yes, take away the incentives to play the games and the games wont get played but when incentives take shape of everything under the sun it gets tough.

Lobbyists and PACs passing cash around is just one incentive. Bribery abounds around all laws against the act in the forms of token job positions that pay a given "salary" and investment "tips" and real estate "opportunities."

Then there's their ability to simply vote themselves better pay and better benefits which as we have seen the public rarely concerns themselves with.

A vigilant voting population should be all the check needed against these thieves but as stated previously that public, even the vigilant ones, all have differing views as to what constitutes corruption and bribery.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

A vigilant voting population should be all the check needed against these thieves but as stated previously that public, even the vigilant ones, all have differing views as to what constitutes corruption and bribery.

That is where they got us. They have made sure that the voting population is not vigilant or informed.

1. The lobbyist with their monetary influences have been able to successfully get our politicians to mislead the general public. As in case with the illegal immigrant issue.

2. The MSM owned by the same lobbyist then markets that misinformation given by the politicians 24/7/365 a year until the public only sees their view.

3. The general public is to busy trying to take care of their family, Overwhelmed, misinformed or given up on the political arena to concern themselves with it.

Perhaps if the politicians were truthful of the issues we might have more vigilant voters.

Fixing the lobbying loop hole is just a start to seeing clearly. We will never fix anything if we are trying to fix the wrong problems (lies).

Its not easy , nor do I think it will happen as the general public has allowed them to turn politics into a democrat versus republican thing. However, that doesn't mean that isn't the problem nor the place to start.

We need small steps and IMO targeting the lobbying industries way of doing business is the first step. Once our politicians are concerned about the general public’s view instead of the lobbyist $upport then we can start to tackle the other issues.

You can't expect to get solutions from a guy that is being bribed unless ofcoures you are the one buying the vote and that is what we have today.
edit on 13-6-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Look I have my leanings and issues and I know you do to. The left and the right have differences. BUT, and this is a big BUT; we have to find a common ground.

There are some issues up front and center right now that need to take priority over "the other stuff".

We cannot continue to let them conquer us by dividing us!

We have to stand together. That is their worst fear.

Come on people!

them..

keyword.. we still havent decided on who "they" are. those that have figured it out, get lambasted by the rest that are divided.

Its this simple.. we agree on the "them".. then progress can be made. I after 20 years HAVE figured out the "them".. and like all great riddles is RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACES!!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry
keyword.. we still havent decided on who "they" are. those that have figured it out, get lambasted by the rest that are divided.

Its this simple.. we agree on the "them".. then progress can be made. I after 20 years HAVE figured out the "them".. and like all great riddles is RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACES!!

People have been too badly conditioned by all of the elite mind control.

They hear everyone say that the Illuminati is fiction and they are sucked in...

Most can't handle that kind of truth.

Even here on ATS very few know the difference between reality and propaganda.

When you mention that a 'satanic cult' is behind it all that's where you lose most people.

All conspiracy theories are part of one massive "superconspiracy" that explains every smaller conspiracy.

"After forty years of patient study of the crises which faces humanity, I arrived at a very simple conclusion-all conspiracies are Satanic! " Eustace Mullins

"In fact, I point out that all the conspiracies in history - especially during the last 5000 years - are actually different aspects of the same conspiracy. Some people fixed on one aspect of the conspiracy, and say this is the problem, others say another thing, but the thing is all the conspirators work together. All the conspirators are part of the same operation. And this is what people find very reluctant." - Eustace Mullins

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The Synagogue of Satan

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

You know what? I wish I would have never started this thread. Some of you are just hopeless. You can't set aside trivial bs to save the Republic. Fine, just fine. I am done here.

GrantedBail thanks for making this thread...

That post above was worth the trouble and really sums up WHY things are the way they are.

Most people ARE hopeless.

They are so buried in lies, they don't even know the forest EXISTS.

I hope you won't stop sharing whats on your heart though.

There are still a few here that are agreeing with and saying amen everything you say.

The truth is NEVER popular but it is still worth fighting for.

Thanks for saying what's REAL...

EDIT: This topic is extremely important and on target which I believe is WHY all of the noise and distraction occurs in threads like this all over ATS.

All of this noise makes normal discussion impossible and people know this which is WHY they attack.

They know they have no facts to back them up so they are left with only one alternative.

THIS is why so many have gotten fed up with all the BS and bailed.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
THEM.....

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I so Agree. Were allowing them to continue to use that tactic to Divide us. Right now our Freedom & who we are as a Country / Democracy should be more important. They must laugh when they see us actually defending their actions. They turned our freedom against us, saying if we don't let them spy they can't keep us safe. Talk about PsyOps 101.

We are defending Criminals, People who attack our Constitution, people who Rape us economically against public opinion, Hide attacks against soldiers, ect.

Then we call a person who gave away his 200,000 a year job, his family, & life. Sacrificed everything so we could know the Truth. and this is the Man we call a Trader? ,,, How #** "Brain Washed" is this country?

If Patriotism is letting the Government control you & every aspect of your life, because you believe it will keep you safe? Then it should be a Bad Word. NEVER in History has this type of structure lead anywhere but BAD. I guess people think we will be the 1st. Or we are the exception. Or the Old.... It can't happen in America. Well it didn't before because we followed the Constitution. Now we don't, so America is just 7 letters. We are just as vulnerable as any other country. and We are so Stupid we are letting it happen & Liking it.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Look I have my leanings and issues and I know you do to. The left and the right have differences. BUT, and this is a big BUT; we have to find a common ground.

There are some issues up front and center right now that need to take priority over "the other stuff".

We cannot continue to let them conquer us by dividing us!

We have to stand together. That is their worst fear.

Come on people!

true, they work together Very Nicely, even on Here...

www.politicususa.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

I want to really applaud the time you've taken and the risk of personal hassle you took to write this. At various points in the past, you and I have both been, well, aggressively partisan would be a kind way of putting it...wouldn't it? lol..

Yet, these aren't past times we're in now, are they? Nothing is quite how it was in even recent history. Our nation is or is currently entering a period of real danger to it's future and ability to carry on as a United country. Largely by the Left/Right Paradigm you so rightly say NEEDS to stop.

When with Occupy, I lived with, worked with and helped by serving as Safety around Conservatives, Liberals, Anarchists, Communists and just plain street bums. It had them all. What I rarely ever saw was actual partisan bickering among the people there. Outsiders from BOTH sides came in to start trouble and they managed to a few times, too. However, within the camp itself? The fights I saw and was party to never ONCE were based in ideology. Despite the radical extremes of people who were all so closely together.

Why? I believe I know...and it's why we ALL need to do the same as a nation, especially now.

In camp, we were all under a low level but 24hr threat of raid and police action. Maybe nice, maybe violent. Maybe ours would be the first someone got killed in for that action happening...maybe not. Everyone knew it and it was the glue that made the "us and them" about far more than just our petty differences of opinion on politics.

Well, we ALL Occupy this big camp called America and we're ALL under possible threat of much the same thing. We see it every single day without fail. EVERY day. If we are United, we cannot be defeated and that's no slogan. Our founding fathers proved it true in blood. Some of it their own. We need not take up arms to kill and die. We don't NEED to go there in this day and age. At least not at this point we sure don't. We do need to stand as a United front.

If we get that far, we can all resume our previously scheduled peeing matches. They'll still be there to take up again, I have NO doubt.

The same truth holds though. Stand United or Fall Alone. (SUFA for short.
)

Each of us must make this decision and those really are the only two choices, ultimately, when it's all said and done and the end game is looked at in a true and real way.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanzHenry
WHO ..... ARE...... THE ...... ELITES?

SCROLL..... UP...... TWO ......POSTS.......

One group and one group alone is responsible for virtually all wars and bloodshed on the face of this planet. The Synagogue of Satan

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
You are asking for the US to achieve the national equivalent of world peace in one day. That will not happen. If your commenters seem argumentative, it's only because it's frustrating to repeatedly explain such an obvious reason for why your proposal is unrealistic.
Allow me to leave a tip for creating forum threads: it is also unrealistic to expect complete agreement from everyone. The reason discussions and disagreements exist is because of that pesky evolutionary glitch called 'we're all different individuals'.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

I want to really applaud the time you've taken and the risk of personal hassle you took to write this. At various points in the past, you and I have both been, well, aggressively partisan would be a kind way of putting it...wouldn't it? lol..

Yet, these aren't past times we're in now, are they? Nothing is quite how it was in even recent history. Our nation is or is currently entering a period of real danger to it's future and ability to carry on as a United country. Largely by the Left/Right Paradigm you so rightly say NEEDS to stop.

When with Occupy, I lived with, worked with and helped by serving as Safety around Conservatives, Liberals, Anarchists, Communists and just plain street bums. It had them all. What I rarely ever saw was actual partisan bickering among the people there. Outsiders from BOTH sides came in to start trouble and they managed to a few times, too. However, within the camp itself? The fights I saw and was party to never ONCE were based in ideology. Despite the radical extremes of people who were all so closely together.

Why? I believe I know...and it's why we ALL need to do the same as a nation, especially now.

In camp, we were all under a low level but 24hr threat of raid and police action. Maybe nice, maybe violent. Maybe ours would be the first someone got killed in for that action happening...maybe not. Everyone knew it and it was the glue that made the "us and them" about far more than just our petty differences of opinion on politics.

Well, we ALL Occupy this big camp called America and we're ALL under possible threat of much the same thing. We see it every single day without fail. EVERY day. If we are United, we cannot be defeated and that's no slogan. Our founding fathers proved it true in blood. Some of it their own. We need not take up arms to kill and die. We don't NEED to go there in this day and age. At least not at this point we sure don't. We do need to stand as a United front.

If we get that far, we can all resume our previously scheduled peeing matches. They'll still be there to take up again, I have NO doubt.

The same truth holds though. Stand United or Fall Alone. (SUFA for short.
)

Well I don't Know, MAYBE all this complaining about Rights and all, is just HYSTERIA, you Kniw kind of like it is with Rape victims in the Military that are SHUT UP and called CRAZY while the Raoe Culture is PROTECTED,

So why all the bitching for? Maybe, we all should just SHUT UP, lie like Good Whores and just take it,

After all, AUTHORITY knows BEST, so let's be Good little boys and girls and SUBMIT!

Think of it this way, it's Good for the Status Quo and for Peace.

(hope that Sarcasm isn't lost and that, so ya Know, I passed the Censorship forward to the Womens Caucus, those who VOTE ya Know,

Who have Daughters in ole Comfort Women R US Uncle SAMs club

Each of us must make this decision and those really are the only two choices, ultimately, when it's all said and done and the end game is looked at in a true and real way.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
There are only two sides to this battle of the mind. TWO.

There are those that believe human beings need control, restriction, and regulation.

and

There are those that believe human beings can handle themselves and the rights they were born with responsibly.

I stand in the later category. The problem with the rest of the world is that a good 80%-90% of everyone else believe in the fabrication that they are unable to live without the guarantee of safety, protection, control, and regulation of high powered leaders and ultimately - the mob rule of majority.

I will never side with a person who believes in any way, shape, or form that any right should be exchanged for security. That individual liberties should be regulated on the whims of the masses. That the minority should fall in line and respect the wishes of everyone else. In the end it all leads to conformity. The institution of robots in place of the human mind; the creation of a weak and decrepit little species that thinks of nothing more than controlling the others.

Anyone who leans left or right, liberal or conservative, in any way falls into that category. They are stained by the system. To believe that smoking should be prohibited because you don't like it - is the search of control. To believe gays should not be allowed to marry because you don't like it - is the search of control. To ban any drugs because you don't like it - is the search of control. To regulate business for lobbying interests - is the search of control. To go to war as a country when chunks of that countries people deny it - is the search for control. To ban the ownership of any object among the people, be it for personal use, mass genocide, or protection - is the search for control.

The left and right paradigms are just that. Paradigms of control. The only true freedom rests in the middle, the acceptance of the individual and our liberties as human beings. Anyone who tries to control another in any way, they are no longer human - they are slave owners; kings and queens in their own mind in the hierarchy that was built by those in power for us to obey.

So long as people believe that their will should be imposed on others - there will never be unity. Acceptance of differences has become a dirty thought. The powers, in the end, have won this game.
edit on 13-6-2013 by TheNewRevolution because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Yeah guys... this is ridiculous. The government purposely puts half of the good stuff and half of the bad stuff in two sides, and then most people are too stupid to think for themselves and just do what they are told.
edit on 13-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Thank you Wrabbit. I didn't know you were a occupy patriot?? I take my hat off to you.

Yeah, you are right. I feel real strong about finding a common purpose and uniting. We can work the other stuff out later. There is work to be done. And it is going to take all of us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join