It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I would have loved to keep 250 more dollars this month, but...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Just thought I would share with you all how your tax dollars are helping the Democratic Party, and an individual named Ed Markey, who is running for Senate in Massachusetts. The following is President Obama's schedule for Wednesday, June 12 2013. (Source)

With a flight time of approximately 7 hours on Air Force One to attend events for the DNC, the President just racked up $1,357,500 of debt. This is only for Air Force One, it does not include motorcade. (Source). If Obama just decided not to attend these meetings, which are strictly personal in nature and have nothing to do with the official duties charged to him by the Constitution of these beloved United States, we could have laid down 1.3 million dollars to chip away at the interest we owe on the 16 trillion we owe.

Pinch a penny, save a penny. That's why I skip going to the bar(personal trip) so I can keep my lights on(official expense).

10:00 AM
The President departs the White House en route Joint Base Andrews
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
10:15 AM
The President departs Joint Base Andrews
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11:25 AM
The President arrives Boston, Massachusetts
1:45 PM
The President delivers remarks at an event for Ed Markey for Senate and the Massachusetts Democratic Party
2:45 PM
The President departs Boston, Massachusetts
5:40 PM
The President arrives Miami, Florida
7:05 PM
The President delivers remarks at a DNC event
8:55 PM
The President delivers remarks at a DNC event
9:55 PM
The President departs Miami, Florida

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm with you man, I have to scrape and scratch to try and save money to try and build a business, which means I can't eat as well as I used to, and I have to front all my money for expenses that occur. Here we have people taking hard earned money, and wasting it to uphold an image.

I'm sure Obama supporters (if any are left) will come in here and defend his waste of taxpayers money as if it's the right thing to do, never mind the unending debt the government keeps racking up.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by eXia7

"Make way for the King's Golden Carriage, ye riff-raff and rabble!"
[

Also, here's something for all those Obama supporters
US Debt Clock

edit on 13-6-2013 by THE666OCCULT because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by THE666OCCULT because: Video

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So you guys would be happy if he lived in a mobile home in Alabama and just called in on the phone once a week. Is it the democratic thing that bothers you or were you making the same complaints about the republicans.

You are talking about the deficit - the amount of money it takes to run the government vs the amount of revenue. That really NEEDS to be worked on. Oh wait the deficit has been going DOWN since 2009.

Be careful what you ask for the because you might, as in the case, get it.

GEEZ

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by spyder550

I think you missed the point entirely. The point is that our taxpayer dollars now fund the mechanisms of party line politics. If Obama want's to go give a speach at an event that is clearly about party politics and not performing his duties, that's fine; he just needs to rent a car and drive there with his own money from his salary, not galavant around in a 187,000 dollar an hour jet that all the taxes I paid last year funded for 7 minutes of fuel time.

Is that not ridiculous?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by THE666OCCULT

They always have - they always will -- you congress people are asked to spend 4 hours a day fundraising.

In any case -- the deficit is going down. The outrage is misplaced

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

No.

Second line.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

In any case -- the deficit is going down. The outrage is misplaced

I don't know where your information about the deficit going do came from but from the below link you will see its still going UPPPPP. I some what agree, as the president he should not be flying around in a time when the country is still hurting, ask all those park rangers that are out of work..... Ask any of thoes that have been laid off lately.

Check the Link for yourelf.Deficit

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
If it was for a DNC function, the DNC should pay for it, not the American taxpayer. Just my opinion. They want their big gun to support a candidate, fine, but should be on THEIR dime, not ours.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   

That is a rather foolish statement to say that the deficit is going down!

How about getting it to a surplus of money? This man has done nothing to fix anything and he is pissing money away on stupid $hit when it could be better spent elsewhere.

Way of base way out of line...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You put a feeling and idea into few words what took me many; I couldn't agree more. No taxpayer should be held accountable monetarily for party politics.

Well said.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree, and it pisses me off when the Republicans do it as well. I wish people would quit with the "But the Republicans do it too!" line. We all know that, but two wrongs still don't make a right.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

We will never have honest, transparent government until we get rid of every single Democrat and Republican. These criminals conspire together to scam, defraud, and extort money from the American citizen so they can give it to their friends, relatives, and campaign contributors.

Every election cycle we have to choose between the lying, thieving, whore mongering Democrat or the lying, thieving, whore mongering Republican After every election the headlines scream "REPUBLICANS WIN!" or they scream "DEMOCRATS WIN!". But they never, never, never scream "AMERICANS WIN!". Why is that? It is because when Democrats and Republicans win, Americans get screwed.

Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a filthy currency tarnished by greed and corruption that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American People.

We need to start electing honest men who have sweat on their brow and calluses on their hands.

The true patriot is not the man who blindly defends a corrupt government. The true patriot is the man who defends the Constitution from that government.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Also, true patriots don't make a career out of politics. Not to get off topic, but we should change the entire house every 2 years, the senate every 6, and so on...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by THE666OCCULT

Nobody's going to do it though. They want to keep their guy's seniority and influence. You'd have to couple this with mandatory limits on chairs of committees also. That way, no matter what, their boy will be leaving the position...even if re-elected.

But again, nobody wants to lose their advantage, so they won't support it.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Again true. American government is poisoned.

join