It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens: An apology

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
this is some kind of, humor? Correct?

I don't get the joke...

Are the scientologists some how more amusing then the catholics?

This is a site devoted to the philosophy of cynicism, correct? κυνισμός?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

I would LOVE to see the letter written by Scientology's attorney! This picture, from the original Sun's article is hilarious!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

We are barmy on ATS but most are not barmy enough to fall for scientology, like I said before research it, research the stuff they do to people and how they try to discredit people who speak out against the cult.
I have seen first hand what they try and do to people who speak against it and thank Bod that a policeman was nearby to tell the scumbag what for.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

I am

I love a bit of science

What with the wife being a science teacher and all, can't get enough of it, Oh wait
Scientology, hang on let me think this through.

Scientology
Scient

scient (comparative more scient, superlative most scient) Knowing; aware; knowledgeable.

-ology

the scientific study of a particular subject:

So I get to do a scientific study to become more knowledgeable of the wife

I'll publish the results when the t's&c's allow for it

Cody

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You know hey, I believe in ET life with all my heart, I just dont worship em!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Science to understand women? good luck with that

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Sorry did I say science?

I meant

Cody

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
I would LOVE to see the letter written by Scientology's attorney!

Ditto.

I think there is probably a rather red-faced attorney out there somewhere at the moment regretting writing that letter...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   
That was awesome, lol, best response they could have given. Simply hilarious.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Scientology is a gimmick to prey on weak minded rich people. Ron Hubbard is full of garbage. Its funny though.

edit on 13-6-2013 by LastStarfighter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysterX

Originally posted by tebyen
Good for the Sun. Scientology is a plague that needs to be purged.

Whys that then mate?

What possible difference can the patterns of belief held by a group of people make to you or your daily life?

If they want to believe ET created mankind...so what? If you want to believe God (an ET by definition BTW) created mankind...so what?

If someone else wants to believe the Great banana tree dropped it's seeds and created human kind...so what?

Who cares?

Obviously you have never lived in Clearwater, FL. (HQ) I have.
How about all the people that were blackmailed with their personal issues? What does that have to do with aliens? They don't even tell their own people about the aliens until they have payed a ton of money....THAT is why.
edit on 6/13/2013 by fenson76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by teachtaire

Just to help you understand, scientology was founded very recently by a science fiction author by the name of L' Ron Hubbard whom wrote many entertaining but definitely 'C' grade sci fi novels that most people over the age of 18 would put down rather than read though there target audience was adult fiction, He once said "If you want to be rich and powerful start your own religion", about five years later he took his own advice but if you are interested and not rich or famous they will not be interested in you, though it have heard they are branching out now.

Then you have a snake oil salesman in the 1800's whom never lived to enjoy his success but founded another major religion and in the 7th century you had another salesman whom worked for an import export business before marrying his boss an elderly widow and taking it over he then fell out of favour with the elders of his city and was exiled were knowing quite a lot about the traditions and religions of the region he gathered a group of outlaws and that grew into a small army that now terrorises the west.

All branches of Christianity though were actually founded after Christ's time and began as jewish offshoot's of a many thousand year old religion that prior to this had not spread much but offered something much nicer than worshiping a despotic roman emperor or idols that had animals and virgins sacrificed to them for religious ceremony's also there were miracle's that many observed but that is a matter of faith.

As for the catholic denomination it was a splinter from the byzantine church that had a falling out much as the later protestant religion was with them.
edit on 13-6-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

All organized religions are a plague on this planet. They create prejudice, division and intolerance.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

I agree....so how do we get rid?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Very nice, those nuts wish there were saucers over them so they can raise there theaten levels or whatever...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

With fire? Just joking.
Only time will tell if people can become strong enough to believe in themselves and take responsibility for their own actions instead of having a god to forgive them for the sins they committed. Hell of a nasty crutch that god.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Except Scientology is science fiction written up by Hubbard. The guy was a hack sci fi writer and his big ticket to fame and money was this sham of a "religion".

It's not a religion. It's not even a cult. It's a money making machine that ropes in the depressed, confused and naive, then bilks them of every penny they own. I would suggest you do your homework, but I suspect you already know the truth of what I'm saying.

It's sad really. Scientology is proof that brainwashing not only exists, but is proliferating.

Just a few brainwashed famous Scientologists;

Will Smith and his family
Tom Cruise
John Travolta

What is TRULY scary is not just the rabid fanaticism Scientology breeds, but the attacks they have made on the study of Psychology. Apparently Scientologists FEAR the Psychiatric community so much, that they created an historical exhibit, free of charge for entry, that slams the study of Psychology. This place is located right in the heart of Hollywood, nearby one of their zombie indoctrination centers.

Their determination is impressive, but who isn't determined to rape your wallet these days?
edit on 13-6-2013 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They were probably more upset about being described as a cult in the article. That's guaranteed to get their engrams in a twist.

They've no doubt designated The Sun as a PTS and the editor an SP. In order to KSW they need to gather their Orgs and apply some Tech and DAA.

Great source for the latest news on the cult.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by windword
I would LOVE to see the letter written by Scientology's attorney!

Ditto.

I think there is probably a rather red-faced attorney out there somewhere at the moment regretting writing that letter...

Yet another ditto, I would absolutely love to see that letter. I'm guessing they didn't state who or to what entity/organisation the apology should be made and the Sun's lawyer/s "ripped em a new one."

It's nice to see a group like Scientology taken down a peg or two, even if it was by a rag of a paper. Can't stand the Sun, but they get a kudos from me.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PW229

I wonder what revenge they are planning, because you can bet they are...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join