It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black monolith on mars

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by qmantoo

With the 2-megapixel cameras, there are no better resolution images. PDS releases contain calibrated images, where colour and contrast have been adjusted.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I don't see anything that looks like a monolith whatsoever. However, because I believe Mars is a dead Earth, Sooner or later they are going to find some fossils, if they have not found some already that is. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Nope, can't see it either. Sorry.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
It's a big rock....look at the rocks in the second picture....they make the same black shape.

/facepalm....

i think I'm just going to start replying with that big facepalm image to these types of threads. If that's not okay, please notify me now mods.
Because seriously....you are getting these photos from nasa...why would they release an alien image from Mars?

They are damn rocks.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I think it's a complete waste of time trying to determine what the black object may be as the rover is too far away to make a reasonable evaluation. When the rover gets nearer to the object, if the rover travels in that direction, then we may be able to determine what the object could possibly be.

Unfortunately, many of the distant captures are not of sufficient quality to make an in-depth analysis and the colouring of the images does not help as this tends to create a degree of visual confusion. There again, maybe that's why the mastcam images are presented the way they are. I just cannot believe these Curiosity images are the true colour versions of the Martian surface when one compares these images with the colour images that can be produced from the Spirit and Opportunity captures. Sorry if the subject of image colour is off topic for this thread but I would be interested to know if any members felt the same way when trying to recognize and evaluate objects on the surface in relation to the image captures from Curiosity.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join