It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black monolith on mars

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Anyone any idea what this could be?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by symptomoftheuniverse

I don't know call me crazy but can it be a rock?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
It must be sad to have nothing better to do than to make up nonsense and try to pass it off as something it isn't. I'm not saying there isn't anything on Mars. I actually think there is plenty to discover there. I'm not even opposed to the idea that there are actual living beings. I'm open to the possibilities - I simply don't suffer fools gladly. If you're gullible enough to buy into the OP's nonsense, that's really a shame.

"Monolith on Mars." Right.This should already be in the Skunk Works.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by thektotheg

I've said numerous times that I have no clue what it is, but it is most likely nothing. But I don't mind entertaining various ideas, as long as I don't feel I already have the answer for it.

It must be sad to have nothing better to do, than sit around and complain about what others are doing. Join in on the fun, or back off.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thektotheg
It must be sad to have nothing better to do than to make up nonsense and try to pass it off as something it isn't. I'm not saying there isn't anything on Mars. I actually think there is plenty to discover there. I'm not even opposed to the idea that there are actual living beings. I'm open to the possibilities - I simply don't suffer fools gladly. If you're gullible enough to buy into the OP's nonsense, that's really a shame.

"Monolith on Mars." Right.This should already be in the Skunk Works.
ok whats the most interesting feature on mars? Do you have an oppinion? At the moment its this monolith. It must be sad to be so blinkered.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

I don't know call me crazy but can it be a rock?
an erect rock,a monolith. Why not investigate? It stands out,like some peoples ignorance

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

It is a 2d image please show me how it is a monolith, you do know also that many structures on earth look like a monolith or man made but are in fact natural...just look at the giants causeway.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Why are you commenting if you dont even know what im talking about, did you locate the monolith in the 2nd and third link. Do you not find it interesting that 1 rock is stood up on end in contrast to all other rocks? Oh well i try

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

I have looked and I think I see what you think you want to see but I do not see it, I see a dark rock. Get the image blow it up and point out what you see because I have spent time looking and all I see is a dark rock.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
A few weeks ago while browsing curiosity pics i came across a dark figure/rock in the bottom left corner of this pic.... mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
So i have been keeping an eye open for it to appear in other pics,well i found it and i still dont know what it is, i cant upload pics but i can link, mars.jpl.nasa.gov... see if you can see what i mean in both pics.
edit on 13/6/13 by JAK because: Link correction.

I zoomed in and found this,

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

A few weeks ago while browsing curiosity pics i came across a dark figure/rock in the bottom left corner of this pic.... mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
So i have been keeping an eye open for it to appear in other pics,well i found it and i still dont know what it is, i cant upload pics but i can link, mars.jpl.nasa.gov... see if you can see what i mean in both pics.
edit on 13/6/13 by JAK because: Link correction.

I zoomed in and found this,
it could well be lol , its something strange and needs looking at,its a shame the cameras are crap. It could be a fossilised tree stump,or an ancient statue,who knows but we wont find out by being ignorant
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added oppinion

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

edit on 13-6-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicQuest

Originally posted by eriktheawful
reply to post by Mads1987

Just wanted to point out that the black dot in these pics is something on the lens.

Those images were taken with the right mast cam and if you look at the same area with the left mast cam, the dot is not there. Also, several images before and after that image also show the exact same dot in their pictures in the exact same location of the frame (but not the terrain), indicating that it was something on the camera lens.

To show what I'm talking about, here is a link to the original picture, then one of the same area taken by the Left Mast Cam (no dot at all), then other areas where the dot shows up, but it's not on the terrain, but on the lens:

Curiostity Sol 271 Right MCam 12000E1

Curiosity Sol 271 Left MCam 12000E1

Curiosity Sol 271 Right MCam 9000E1

Curiosity Sol 271 Right MCam 11000E1

Exactly
I was thinking the same
I guess , we can happily close this thread now
That monolith is a piece of dust on the camera lens
being ignorant includes not reading the thread all way through,if you dont then you may fall victim to the proffessional debunkers and miss the truth.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

reply to post by Mads1987

No no no that is dust,bottom left corner doh that spec is on every pic, the objects im talking about are physical objects.
On the 2nd and 3rd pics the monolith actually looks like an erect penis.
That would put phalic worship back afair bit of time.
edit on 13-6-2013 by symptomoftheuniverse because: added oppinion
that hss already been stated by me
for cosmoquest

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Vivid imaginations will see marvels in rocks and shadows of rocks. I personally counted several 'floating' alien heads dotted around the Mars landscape.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
Vivid imaginations will see marvels in rocks and shadows of rocks. I personally counted several 'floating' alien heads dotted around the Mars landscape.
im not imagining it,its there, a 12 ft high monolith. You dont need imagination at all. You do need a keen eye and pardon the pun-curiosity

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Where did you get the 12ft from? you been over with a measuring stick?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Sorry for that misunderstanding
I thought you were referring to that dust as a monolith
Now , I get it what you were trying to tell me

Edit :

edit on 13-6-2013 by CosmicQuest because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

Yes thats right, in my 2nd link the thing can be seen better. Upper centre towards the left.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Where did you get the 12ft from? you been over with a measuring stick?
i have been looking at mars pics for sometime now and i would say its at least 12ft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join