It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could there already be a national Gun registry?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Much has been made of the latest admition that we as the American people have been under surveillance for quite some time, as an infringement against our fourth amendment right. “The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.”
Information is simply that, information. The knowledge of E=mc2, is in of itself worthless unless put into action. I can use that knowledge to build a nuclear power plant and harness the power of the atom to power a city or I can use the same knowledge to destroy that city with an atomic bomb. That being said, information has power. I doubt no matter how much the American people protest, that the program will ever be dismantled. The government has kept it under wraps for quiet some time, and even if they did “dismantle” it, it would simply be renamed and rebooted.
The question we as American's should raise is how does this impact all our other rights. Lately, the Second Amendment has been in the cross hairs, with new gun registration and the fear it will lead to a national gun registry. Am I out of my mind to think that there already is a national gun registry? Chances are if you've ever purchased a gun or ammo with a credit/debit card, sought out a tutorial about how to clean a gun from youtube, or just shopped around online for pricing, your meta data can be used to construct a national gun owner registry.
History has shown us that as governments grow, individual liberty wanes. This usurpation of our privacy is more than “Do I have something to hide or don't I.” It is a fundamental protection against all our other rights. Ask yourself this, if tomorrow, government said it was illegal to own a gun, and had the data on you that they do, with or without your gun, would you feel safe? How far will the government go with this data? What if they deem Bibles an abomination? Or free speech?
What could the government outlaw in your lifetime, which would retroactively make you a criminal? The question isn't “What are you trying to hide now?” The question should be “What will you try to hide in the future?”

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Reply to post by Sully2012

Yes there is. Several in fact.

Between eTrace, NICS and those lively 4473's there is and has been for a very long time for all intents and purposes a national registry.

All this nonsense about preventing the creation of one is moot. Like so many other crooked actions the gov just does it anyway and officially enacting one would just mean theyd have one less thing to lie about.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
No question that there is.....especially for Title II weapons in the NFA (requiring a form 4 transfer via a Class III dealer)....your machine guns, destructive devices, short barrel rifles and shotguns and suppressors (silencers). Then there is a record of what the gun dealers (FFLs) have purchased or transfered and finally the form 4473 for purchases or receiving transfers to you...and that goes for a 6 shot revolver and pump shotgun as well as an "assault styled" rifle. Remember the scene in the original Red Dawn movie where the Cuban Col barked orders to collect all of the yellow forms (4473) from the local gun dealers to see who the gun owners were? The difference in this case is that we are being taken over from within....to use a corporate analogy it is more like a "leveraged buyout" than a "hostile takeover".
edit on 13-6-2013 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

join