It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Director Admits - We Can Track Your Thoughts And Actions And Predict Future Acts

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by noissucnoc16

One small question though... Why weren't they tracking the thoughts of the Boston marathon bombers?

They were tracking him, but they also interviewed him when he returned from the USSR. Which tipped him off that the FBI was watching him and he ceased using phone and net communications surrounding his planning. His brother was local, he had little need for cell or email communications and he learned to build the PC bombs likely in person during his trip to the caucuses.

PRISM was active while we hunted Bin Laden...and Bin Laden communicated via currior and written messages...plus code names etc.e tc.

We identified OBLs currior through old fashioned spook work. Once identified we tracked him via PRISM cuz the currier used to make brief calls to his mom...and lied about where he was and what he was doing...Brief calls +Lying about location...the currier was aware of the dangers of survellience even if he didn't know he was targeted. Our tech was advanced enough to geo-locate him via those calls with help of spooks on the ground.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:53 PM
link   
bedlam made some good posts on page 1.. i think he was all hopped-up on skittles again

i think it's only a matter of time until there's some kind of "thought" monitoring in the way there are molecular scanners now.. any evil genius worth his salt has two or three of these in the basement of his (or her) secret lair.. if you believe something like a neurophone could exist, the same thing could exist functioning in reverse, right?

but you knew i was thinking that

To me it's clear as day they will be "predicting" future actions. Not like minority report, but more like "You have a mental illness and you're a danger to the public."

i think the shift has already begun from mental profiling to genetic profiling

we live in interesting times

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
what a load of crap

so they have access to my personal info , texts , calls , Facebook etc.

but we could drop of the grid and they wouldn't have jack.

half of the American intelligence services were searching for a man the other half killed years ago then they pretended to catch him and kill him ten years later.

Word of advice for the NSA we don't all post every action we make on face book.
And until America stops doing false flags on its self it shouldn't boast about intelligence.if people think your that good how will you hide the truth with your incompetence

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Often times my dad would say, "Boy, I can tell just by looking at you, exactly what's on your mind."
My usual reply would also fit this statement.
"I'm glad you know what I'm thinking, because I darn sure don't."

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76

i think it's only a matter of time until there's some kind of "thought" monitoring

It already exists...and it doesn't require pshychic powers...Just volountary fools.....Twitter and FB status updates...."Hungry...going to Taco Bell"..."why does my cat stare at me"....ad infinium.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
About two weeks ago I was talking to my ex-roommate about surveilance, cults, and overpopulation in my best mangled Spanish (since he struggles understanding English). This happened before the whistle blower of course.
I was telling him everything is recorded and stored for almost every single person. In the future, machines will predict human movement and events will be calculated for the betterment of everything.
I can ad that my mother was complaining on the phone how her conversations were being recorded a week before. She uses verizon btw.
The bottom line is that we are very predictable...everyone has their rituals which they abide by consistantly.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I am damn dure they know what im thinking....
Im thinking they can even say they know stuff they dont...whos to know they dont know?
So, if they dont know, but say they know, how do you know they are even in this reality?
I swear these people have gone far too far out with their paranoid behavior....
So, what we have here,
Is a government of PSCHOPATHIC PRONE people,
advised by a whoile fleet of PARANOID and borderline psychopaths....
Whats gonna happen is the immovable object will be assaulted by an unstoppable force sooner than later....

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina
reply to post by Indigo5

Myself? I would look for the dirt on Obama, Clinton, Holder, Feinstein Alexander, and other top officials.

If there is any conspiracy to damage the US or the opponents of government officials, Snowden would be able to get proof. Maybe this is why Obama is sitting tight right now? He has been awfully quiet on the issue. I would imagine that they could track what Snowden did after the fact, once they realized what he was up to. But considering Snowden was a smart cookie, he may have covered his tracks well and the gov is worried sick about what he has.

I think you just hit the nail on the head, he knows who all the assets/agents are therefore he knows Obama and Hilary etc were elected whilst serving employees of the CIA. Now which other elected officials are being awfully quiet this week? And which others have been awfully loud? The quiet ones are working for the agencies whilst the noisy ones are being blackmailed for whatever sick # got them on a leash in the first place.... My thoughts....
edit on 13-6-2013 by newpopeislast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
In a world where were constantly analyzing each other of course the governments work in a similar way.. whats outside is a reflection of the inside. chew on it

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I know Apple computers are being used to monitor people.

Somehow I became "a person of interest".

The wife's Apple computer would be in sleep mode and its screen turned off in one room. EVERY time I walked into that room, her Apple kicked on.

I think they use the wifi in "radar mode" to detect when people of interest get near them.
It did this for several months, must be they gave up....it no longer turns itself on when I walk into the room where the computer is.

The Apple was able to distinguish between ME and 5 other people in the house. We each would do an experiment and walk into the room when the computer was in sleep mode. It NEVER turned itself on when anyone else entered the room.

Just me.

Made me feel special. Somebody was stupid enough to waste their time tracking my activities. They didn't find much. Crippled guy with cancer barely making it to the next day.......

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Responding to Snowden’s claim that he could wiretap any phone call in the United States, Alexander said that’s false.

“I know of no way to do it,” the NSA chief said.
www.wnd.com...

This has been bugging me actually. "I know of no way to do it" could simply mean "I'm not an IT person and I don't know how to do these things." But his answer of "I know of no way to do it" by no means equivocates to "The NSA can't do that".

Reminds me of the "least untruthful answer" that the Intelligence Chief gave...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Makes me think of this one, an oldie but goodie.

It appears that video is coming sooner than expected. I'm not surprised.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant
This has been bugging me actually.

The question is "What is CALEA for? Alex. I'll take 4ESS network switch trivia for 100."

You don't have to physically tap any wireline or cell phone in the US, unless you're the local LEOs.

All the NSA has to do is instruct the switch that handles the landline (or the cell system if it's a cell phone) to make you a copy of the traffic and send it to a monitoring phone. When a call originates or terminates at that subscriber, the system calls you on the phone and connects you to the audio stream. The caller ID shows the other end's number, coming or going. There are no clicks, pops, or tapping sounds on the monitored line. They can't hear what you say. You can hit a star combination to cut the call off or to cut in.

This could be done before CALEA but now it's way easier because it's more standardized.

eta: All that to say, yes yes it can be done, and he knows this, too. Before CALEA it required time to set up because it took a phone network guy to manually program the person of interest's 4ESS. Now it's a canned bit of software. Before THAT you could listen in on phone calls using the verification network, that, too didn't leave any obvious sounds, impedance changes or whatnot but was even MORE manually intensive and had to be done on a call by call basis.

More NSA wise, ECHELON can be instructed to take care of this for you for a person of interest.
edit on 13-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heliophant

Responding to Snowden’s claim that he could wiretap any phone call in the United States, Alexander said that’s false.

“I know of no way to do it,” the NSA chief said.
www.wnd.com...

This has been bugging me actually. "I know of no way to do it" could simply mean "I'm not an IT person and I don't know how to do these things." But his answer of "I know of no way to do it" by no means equivocates to "The NSA can't do that".

Reminds me of the "least untruthful answer" that the Intelligence Chief gave...

How observant! I was thinking the same thing. Plus, how do we know that Snowden wasn't working on implementing this when he bailed? Maybe this was the straw that broke the camels back?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Plus, how do we know that Snowden wasn't working on implementing this when he bailed? Maybe this was the straw that broke the camels back?

Because the CALEA bill requiring the system providers to provide an easy systematic way to monitor phone calls was signed into law by Bill Clinton in 1994, and total compliance was required by federal law to be achieved by 2007. Which it was.

CALEA has been expanded to cover pretty much anything that crosses through your ISP, including VOIP like Vonage etc.

The phone system was able to comply pretty quickly, since it was a software revision for them, updating and standardizing a function they already had.

Do go and read a bit on DCSNet, you'll like that one too. It's the Feebs version.
edit on 13-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
There are commercials on TV about this very topic saying they are working on this technology ffs!
It's no secret.

to track a target’s thoughts and actions and possibly predict future acts.

The key word is POSSIBLY.

It's not a definitive science, but they've obviously been trying.

There are commercials on TV about this very topic saying they are working on this technology ffs!
It's no secret.

edit on 13-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I figured that this was the case. But what if we find out that the NSA is lying, yet again, and they do this to every American? Could you imagine the implications of this? Months ago they said they didn’t gather any data on Americans calls etc. The lies change as another is exposed.

Don't worry, they are using the same Modeling software they use for predicting Climate Change. So i don't think we have much to worry about. GIGO.

V

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
If they can do this then why do they need our phone data? What they can track our minds but not our phones?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
As Britta on Community said: "It all starts with a quick look-see into someone's bag and before you can say 1984, the thought police are forcing you to bend and spread!"

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This is all a lie, hatched to produce fear into the hearts and minds of people. They are playing the "conspiracy game" now. They are playing along with the conspiracy theorists, giving them what they want. A great story such as this. I don't buy this being able to predict my thoughts or actions.

"But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Mark 13:32

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join