It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Director Admits - We Can Track Your Thoughts And Actions And Predict Future Acts

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

People you are intelligent to know that this is nothing but fear mongering, if the bozos and morons in the NSA knew what people think they should have know the Boston bombers.

I can not believe that the crocks dare to say things like this and walk free to keep lying, this people are crocks and that what crocks are good at, lying to those that will believe any crap that comes out of their mouths.

edit on 13-6-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Everyone keeps missing the point. Snowden had this program available to use! He could have used PRISM to access any personal info on any person he wanted! So I am wondering, did he? And if so, who? If you had access to PRISM, who would you want the dirt on?

edit on 13-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

But no one seems to have caught on to my main interest in this news. Snowden had access to personal information. And now I am wondering if he used this on any government officials. He could very well have personal emails, phone calls and a swami profile on Obama, or other elected officials

Interesting...Never thought about that.

I wonder if his first statement to the press was a bit of warning to the US Gov. about comming after him in an "extra-judicial" manner? "Render" him on a midnight flight or he goes missing.

SNOWDEN: I had access to, you know, full rosters of everyone working at the NSA, the entire intelligence community, and undercover assets all over the world -- the locations of every station we have.

SNOWDEN: I, sitting at my desk, certainly had the authorities to wiretap anyone from you or your accountant, to a federal judge, to even the president, if I had a personal e-mail.

Is he hinting to NSA that he has an insurance policy?

He would need a partner? Or a well built automated "button"...Where if he didn't log onto server X and enter a password every 24 or 48 hours, an online bot would email out damaging information to major press outlets.
edit on 13-6-2013 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

reply to post by marg6043

Everyone keeps missing the point. Snowden had this program available to use! He could have used PRISM to access any personal info on any person he wanted! So I am wondering, did he? And if so, who? If you had access to PRISM, who would you want the dirt on?

The people who would be running "point" comming after me once I made the leak.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I imagine that he will be keeping the best for the last or at least for leverage against those that are after him.

I feel that he have more too.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Myself? I would look for the dirt on Obama, Clinton, Holder, Feinstein Alexander, and other top officials.

If there is any conspiracy to damage the US or the opponents of government officials, Snowden would be able to get proof. Maybe this is why Obama is sitting tight right now? He has been awfully quiet on the issue. I would imagine that they could track what Snowden did after the fact, once they realized what he was up to. But considering Snowden was a smart cookie, he may have covered his tracks well and the gov is worried sick about what he has.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by elouina

I imagine that he will be keeping the best for the last or at least for leverage against those that are after him.

I feel that he have more too.

Oh he has an entire thumb drive. I can't remember exactly, but Snowden has I think around 2,000 pages. And at the least, over 1 thousand pages. And there will be more released.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I would like to sit in the future for a day on a computer doing research to see "how we got here"; when people are either superficial to appear "perfect" or extremely rebellious. We will see black and white in behaviors and personalities if privacy is lost In this way.

It isn't a matter of letting this matter go because some can justify the benefits outweigh the risks. I could justify typing my kid to my hip until he is 18 - its for his protection. I'm gonna have a neurotic kid if I do it though.

How a society is treated will reflect in their well being later on. People will be more like robots and less spontaneous/free. People will have in the back of their mind that they are truly never alone. It won't be innate morals and values that shape behavior but outside forces.

I really would like to see 20 years down the road. What will society look like if these decisions continue to be made? And what small things was a free society letting slip by that allowed it to get so bad?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
My girlfriend just mentioned to me that Orwell's 1984 is back on the bestseller list or something....

.... I wonder what might have inspired that...?

Personally, after reading this, I want to check out Minority Report again.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Its not reading our thoughts lol. It can provide statistical probabilities based on data collected in past.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   

reply to post by Indigo5

Myself? I would look for the dirt on Obama, Clinton, Holder, Feinstein Alexander, and other top officials.

You are thinking politically, not institutionally. I don't think the NSA particularly cares who is President, they come and go. Alas, the NSA we have now is just a continuum of the NSA from the Bush administration. You assign the President too much power, he is gone in a efw years anyways. The NSA has no motivation to protect the President. Ditto the shadows of the intelligence community at large.

If Snowden embarrases the President...who cares? Not the NSA who is hunting him.

If he knows of certain Ops, active programs or past misdeeds of the CIA/NSA that would bring a Congressional lynch-mob to thier front door...that is a problem.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec

It isn't a matter of letting this matter go because some can justify the benefits outweigh the risks.

“Beware that, when fighting monsters, you yourself do not become a monster... for when you gaze long into the abyss. The abyss gazes also into you.” Friedrich Nietzsche

The NSA needs clear, absolute oversight with legal consequences...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

NSA Director Admits - We Can Track Your Thoughts
What he was thinking of?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

This, I agree with you on. This isn't focused or limited to any one President. The revelations now breaking all over about their TAO hacking center, aimed at targets far more diverse than JUST China, apparently run back 15 years.

That's Bill Clinton for original findings and authorizations. Now Obama needs to answer for this, if in fact it's determined it's beyond the Constitutional scope of powers for the Feds to have done. Frankly, I can't see how it isn't. However, so does Bush and likely Clinton as well.

This crap directly spans 3 administrations we can see at this point. I'm guessing that really is as far as it goes, too. Not that George Herbert wouldn't have wanted the same ...but technology had it's limits and development curve. That probably saves his sorry butt. However, these programs as specific efforts actually run into the late 90's. Amazing isn't it?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
To me it's clear as day they will be "predicting" future actions. Not like minority report, but more like "You have a mental illness and you're a danger to the public."

Not thought crime, but mental illness. That's how it'll become acceptable. Furthermore, crime itself will be attached to mental illness. Don't believe it? Stick around...

We're entering an age where they will have devices that can measure your mood. They have devices now that can give an approximation of what you're dreaming. It's all being setup. The technology does need to improve, but just look how much has happened in the past 40 years.

This is just the beginning of the desensitization and adaption to new circumstances. It's made stronger by the internet and portable computers. Never has been easier to herd people.

It will all be considered normal and reasonable and responsible. Just wait another 70 years. By then the last of the holdouts will be old and in nursing homes and not have any weight in the debate.
edit on 13-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Makes me wonder if the old Stargate Projects are still alive and well.

Perhaps even enhanced.

The Stargate Project[1] was the umbrella code name of one of several sub-projects established by the U.S. Federal Government to investigate claims of psychic phenomena with potential military and domestic applications, particularly "remote viewing": the purported ability to psychically "see" events, sites, or information from a great distance.[2] These projects were active from the 1970s through 1995, and followed up early psychic research done at The Stanford Research Institute (SRI), Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC), The American Society for Psychical Research, and other psychical research labs.......

Stargate Project

Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I am not sure if anyone saw this news a few months back but there was a major govt contractor who was developing predictive analytics and tracking features. They focused on social media data mining as well as pulling EXIF data from all posted photos!

The system/software is called RIOT and it is by Raytheon.

This system takes data from social media and compiles it into a profile which allows the government to not only know where you are, when you are there, who you are with etc, but it also allows them to build a data set which can be put through an algorithm to determine where you would most likely be.

If you get coffee in the morning, go to the gym, go to work 5 days a week like clockwork the system will give a percentage chance that they know exactly where you are at anytime.

Also I just found something very odd. I found a major analytics company offering a product called PRISM...

Lattice Engines Analytics - PRISM
edit on 13-6-2013 by ohiwastedmylif because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2013 by ohiwastedmylif because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
if in fact it's determined it's beyond the Constitutional scope of powers for the Feds to have done. Frankly, I can't see how it isn't. However, so does Bush and likely Clinton as well.

Here is my issue...Even the Bush era Director of NSA has been on the networks, saying yes, we did it too...and even saying this...

"Frankly, the Obama administration was more transparent than we were in the Bush administration," Hayden told CNN on Wednesday. "They made this metadata collection activity available to all the members of Congress, not just all the members of the intelligence committees."

LINK

Which I believe...but don't care. A congress that is "aware" of potential constitutional breeches, but fails to do anything about it, is worthless.

And the second failed defense is...TRUST US....No warrantless invasions of privacy of Americans ever happens!...now let us just go back to the shadows and shelter of no actual oversight...shoo, move along now...

The FISA court seems structured to simply issue warrants when the NSA feels like a target they are pursuing might end up in court vs. the business end of a drone.

How about it function as an actual Court of Justice and hear complaints of constitutional breeches by Analysts and management? With authority to hand out fines, sentences, reccomend impeachments to congress of NSA officials etc.

Cuz the whole..."trust us...now go away" defense is BS in a free democracy with checks and balances.

Just brainstorming...but we need oversight...The NSA is a cowboy/lawless culture..Great when they are going after actual terrorists, but innocent people were lynched in the wild-west all the time. The current state of technology gives them scary power.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
One small question though... Why weren't they tracking the thoughts of the Boston marathon bombers?

Or snowdens... And why did prism not find the keywords of it being leaked for other white collars to see

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Makes me wonder if the old Stargate Projects are still alive and well.

Perhaps even enhanced.
Hmmm.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join