It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA Director Admits - We Can Track Your Thoughts And Actions And Predict Future Acts

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
PRISM does actually know what you are thinking! We already knew this, but they finally admitted it! This info was released by none other than the NSA Chief, U.S. Army General Keith B. Alexander. Now to quote Keith Alexander..

WASHINGTON — The NSA director confirmed to Congress today that leaker Edward Snowden had access to a highly sensitive database containing personal information that could be mined to track a target’s thoughts and actions and possibly predict future acts.

It sounds to me like Snowden was highly regarded as a boy wonder. If Snowden knew how to use this system, did he? Did he perhaps find incriminating info on government officials?

U.S. Army General Keith B. Alexander, commander of U.S. Cyber Command and director of the National Security Agency, told the Senate Appropriations Committee that Snowden “had great skills as an IT (Internet Technology) system administrator.”

Responding to Snowden’s claim that he could wiretap any phone call in the United States, Alexander said that’s false.

“I know of no way to do it,” the NSA chief said.

NSA chief confirms leaker had access to personal data

One small question though... Why weren't they tracking the thoughts of the Boston marathon bombers?

edit on 13-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

One small question though... Why weren't they tracking the thoughts of the Boston marathon bombers?

Or...why weren't they tracking the thoughts of Snowden?

2nd

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elostone

Or...why weren't they tracking the thoughts of Snowden?

2nd

Exactly... Perhaps they have just too much data to weed through. Maybe they shouldn't be so darn greedy. Or better yet, why not rely on good old fashioned intelligence. You know when someone actually warns you about a person vs relying on a computer. Duhhh..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Alexander is prone to statements like that.

A lot of the data they mine is intended to model behavior. Mainly to detect when you depart from predicted behavior. Then the machine may look to see if it can predict why you did. Does one of your contacts eat hummus? Did you buy some when you normally wouldn't? Did that contact not buy groceries that week? He's probably at your house.

Direct visits predict closeness of contact. So the model changes a bit. He's much more likely a buddy of yours than an acquaintance.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Ok that's a good one!

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by elouina

Alexander is prone to statements like that.

A lot of the data they mine is intended to model behavior. Mainly to detect when you depart from predicted behavior. Then the machine may look to see if it can predict why you did. Does one of your contacts eat hummus? Did you buy some when you normally wouldn't? Did that contact not buy groceries that week? He's probably at your house.

Direct visits predict closeness of contact. So the model changes a bit. He's much more likely a buddy of yours than an acquaintance.

I figured that this was the case. But what if we find out that the NSA is lying, yet again, and they do this to every American? Could you imagine the implications of this? Months ago they said they didn’t gather any data on Americans calls etc. The lies change as another is exposed.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:20 AM
link   
I think one thing to do is make clear that you don't support violence as an answer, and that you support ending corruption and making good choices for the people of our nation with informed decisions.

A long time ago, before the Internet took off, I used to protect myself in a cloud of unpredictability and sarcastic statements so that I could get important things done without anyone noticing.

Now, I say exactly what I mean to say, and exactly what I mean to do, and exactly what needs to be said, and exactly what evidence needs to be shown to benefit humanity, and I accept criticism if I am not effective at it. If I ever get into a situation where I need to explain myself to intelligence officers,

I will just lay out a case of why what they are doing is going to be ineffective in the long run, and explain to them what they need to do in order to improve the situation, and then let them make their own decisions.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

I figured that this was the case. But what if we find out that the NSA is lying, yet again, and they do this to every American? Could you imagine the implications of this? Months ago they said they didn’t gather any data on Americans calls etc. The lies change as another is exposed.

Metadata is fair game. It's not private, so say the courts.

But yeah, why do you think the stores offer you affiliation cards? It's to track your purchases better. Walmart just photographs you at the register and ties your payment to your face.

They provide your purchases, photo and payment data to the NSA. If you ever pay with a check or debit card, they gotcha from then on.

Lots of data can be acquired through simple, non private interactions with the world. It builds a pattern that can be used to predict your behavior.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Half the time, I don't even know what I'm thinking, so I guarantee they don't know what I'm thinking.

There have been plenty of times (and I'm sure there will be plenty more to come), during which I look back and think, "hmm, I wonder why I did that? What the hell could I have possibly been thinking?"

If by some crazy chance, they actually do know, I wish they'd send me a transcript.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
People are remarkably predictable. If you depart from your phase space, that's notable.

Mainstream psychology is catching up, seems like last year or two a few major papers from well known universities suddenly discovered just how predictable most people were, given a few bits of behavioral data like gas purchases they were able to determine when your behavior departed from norms. I think the first time we did something like that for a TLA was in 1996.

Make sure you use those affiliation cards, that Kroger card helps them a LOT.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Movie... De Ja Vu starring Denzel anyone ?

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
If they know what people think, we can stop been hypocritical. Capacity to predict what a person will do can lead to unjustified arrest of civilians.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Reply to post by Bedlam

Interesting its just public kniwledge for the government yet if I pop open your credit statement to look at that public knowledge Im comitting a felony.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

I think you're reading too much into the words there. This is not the capability to read minds, it's nothing like that. This is about seeing what people are writing on forums and social networking, maybe even what they're writing at their own desk without even being on-line.

By doing this you are building up a picture of a person and what they might be thinking and planning.

Thoughts - If I were thinking about setting up an aquarium in my study, I would probably be looking on the net for supplies, talking to other people in the hobby on forums, looking at sites on my phone while I'm out. I might be calling someone and mentioning it in conversation. Maybe I email someone and mention it to them too.

Actions - I would probably go out and start looking at tanks to buy, the fish I might have. I might start buying things on my credit card.

Predict - After all of this, it's pretty reasonable to assume that I'm going to be putting that aquarium together in my home, and I might even buy another one in the future too.

This is the process, it's not voodoo or magic. When you have access to someones phone, computer, email, monitoring all the sites they go to and the searches on Google, I can imagine it almost is like you're inside their head and reading their thoughts.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The first thing to do is sack the chump of an NSA Director.

He's the boss of the NSA and yet he claims to know no way of wiretapping ... LMFAO

Responding to Snowden’s claim that he could wiretap any phone call in the United States, Alexander said that’s false.

“I know of no way to do it,” the NSA chief said.

Maybe he should have a chat with UK newspaper journalists .. they know how to hack everything.

Well Mr NSA Director can you read my thoughts ? .. yeah that's right .. you're a lying Dumb*** !

And what's worse is that those questioning him actually believed him and let it pass ..
.. priceless ..

C...
edit on 13-6-2013 by Cosmic4life because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Oh those spooky guys! Are we supposed to be impressed?

Seems to me they would have to integrate all your cell phone, credit/debit card and internet activity before they could get are real solid "reading" on any one. Anyone that has anything to hide will just start using ghost purchases, code ect. But that's not the point is it? The point is letting the public know that the eye in the sky is watching. A big mind game.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   
the best way to protect yourself is to get layers of bumpy rubber/plastic cupboard liner material put up around your house, this distorts there abilities to hear your thoughts properly.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
And as for reading your thoughts and predicting your actions ..that is pure Bull**** too.

People change their minds ..get bored ..go do something else .. all the time.

We are not fixed individuals .. we are adaptive and constantly changing .. the only people this flytrap is going to capture are Psychopaths and Sociopaths who probably work for the Government anyway.

As for Al-Qaeda well they use good old fashioned paper and VHS videos and Human couriers.

This whole thing is a farce ... it's the guilty demeanor of a Feral Establishment desperate to keep it's skeletons in the closet ... they seek to imprison or disappear whistleblowers .. while it is they who are trying to undermine the Constitution and the Law.

You have to laugh at AssHats like Feinstein and Boehner crying that Snowden took an Oath ... yeah he took an Oath ..To the Constitution ... the same Constitution you Traitors seek to undermine and dismantle.

More to come ..much more .. Snowden knows how this Feral Establishment is going to respond with lies and obfuscation .. so he will let them perjure and incriminate themselves before the next release.

Can't wait for the next bombshell.

C..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

Hyperbole...

I am sure he was talking about models and algorithims designed to predict terrorist activity...

If target X hold religious beliefs Z and Y, has served in the military of gov. C, lives in region W with a culture of G and is friends with B an A...then target X has the potential to become a terrorist with the resources and drive to attack the USA.

That is not "tracking your thoughts"...

No brian invasion going on.

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

reply to post by Indigo5

Perhaps you are reading too much into this? I never said they are reading anyone's minds. But they do think they are all big, knowing, and wonderful with their tracking algorithm. Like another person mentioned here, will they start arresting people because of what they think they will do? Or what they think they are thinking? This bothers me a lot!

But no one seems to have caught on to my main interest in this news. Snowden had access to personal information. And now I am wondering if he used this on any government officials. He could very well have personal emails, phone calls and a "swami profile" on Obama, or other elected officials.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join