It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roadblocks in Alabama Ask Drivers For Blood and DNA Samples

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   
______beforeitsnews/al ternative/2013/06/roadblocks-in-alabama-ask-drivers-for-blood-and-dna-samples-2679488.html
Something strange happened on the roads in Alabama this past weekend: authorities set up roadblocks at several locations and asked drivers to give blood and DNA samples. It turns out, though, that it wasn’t quite as Big Brother-ish as it sounded. Instead, it was an anonymous, paid, volunteer gig, and people could refuse to participate.

On Friday and Saturday nights, the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation (“PIRE”) was collecting blood and DNA samples from people in St. Clair and Bibb, which are two Alabama counties. PIRE got law enforcement help from sheriffs in this effort because it was conducting a study on behalf of the National Highway Safety Administration. The Alabama Department of Economic and Community affairs specifically tagged St. Clair for the study this year because it had participated in a similar study in 2007.

There's more to this story at the source link above.

This really smells fishy...PIRE claims to be doing a study about how many drivers drive under some kind of influence...Wait a minute while I go get my boots on cuz the SH-T is getting deep...They could not pay me to give them blood and DNA...This is not only idiotic but its hella scary...Whats really going on here? What do you think ATS is this fishy or what? Wake up Alabama...Wake up people...
edit on (6/13/1313 by shells4u because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   
www.pire.org...I did some digging and went to the PIRE website and here is a little something about the founder Allan was invited to participate in experimental trials with the investigational drugs psilocybin, mescaline, and '___'. Trained as a “psychedelic guide,” the remainder of his graduate career took him to experimental communities in Mexico, New York, and Massachusetts, discussing issues of psychology and consciousness with contemporary figures ranging from Huxley, Ken Kesey, Miles Davis, and Houston Smith. Simultaneously, he completed requirements for a Ph.D. in both Social and Clinical Psychology, finishing up work as a field assessment officer for the U.S. Peace Corps, running a study of new technology for the blind and teaching undergraduates in both normal and abnormal personality courses.

edit on (6/13/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

edit on (6/13/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
______beforeitsnews/al ternative/2013/06/roadblocks-in-alabama-ask-drivers-for-blood-and-dna-samples-2679488.html

Rather more like "after"its news.
There's at least three threads on this topic from yesterday already.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And other ones going back to at least 2007.
PIRE have been doing this for a while.
edit on 13-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   
People are going to end up in deep doggy do-do over this one:

Gov. Robert Bentley, AG Luther Strange want to know more about roadblocks for blood, saliva samples
MONTGOMERY, Alabama --- Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley and Attorney General Luther Strange want to know more about road checkpoints set up in Bibb and St. Clair counties this weekend, where drivers were asked for samples of blood and saliva.

In a nutshell, a private company hired off duty officers to in effect run a DUI checkpoint. The problem is that the law states that all such checkpoints have to be broadcast in some form of media so many days prior to being run, with very specific criteria as to how the checkpoint will operate. For example, officers have gotten in trouble for getting lazy on checkpoints and pulling over groups of cars, when it was clearly stated that the plan was for “1 out of every 3 cars”, and anyone who was pulled over with a DUI had to be let go. They basically violated a bunch of peoples rights using officer in such a manner, despite it being “voluntary”.
edit on 6/13/2013 by defcon5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

My bad I did a search on the title of the source and nothing came up...oh well cannot win em' all...lol

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I am glad that something is being done about this...seems everyday
we as a nation are losing our rights a little here and a little there...just like 100 pennies adds up to a dollar...This analogy sadly describes our loss of rights...

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Man.. all I know is if I was stopped at an RBT and they came at me with a needle and said "Blood sample time!" I'd be less than polite about refusing.

Jesus, is there no end to this?

Absolutely crazy.

So what happens if you're one of those religious folk who do not give blood, or undergo any medical procedure involving such things?

By god - pun intended - it might be time to find religion..

posted on Jun, 13 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

No kidding..being a Jahova witness would come in handy under certain situations...

top topics

join